Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pizza

Marty is offline Sir Martin Lewis
    Thanks for the illustration of a pizza, Dan, looks very appetising indeed. I intend to print it out and stick it on my fridge so I know exactly what i'm looking for next time I feel like a large cheesy one. Will save me from putting my kitchen clock in the oven again, when I fancy a quick and easy snack, how many times have we all made that mistake eh?.

Dan
    Dan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Will save me from putting my kitchen clock in the oven again, when I fancy a quick and easy snack, how many times have we all made that mistake eh?.
    especially after a couple of bottles of Cabernet!

BillChicago is offline Silver Member

PIZZA

I have read all the diffrent opinions about the BEST pizza and personally have determined there must be millions of the BEST. I believe that pizza is a very individual type of food which can have many favorite tastes. However being from Chicago originally I have to agree with Noebie there were 3 places that were my favorite pizza places. All located in the downtown area Ginos East, Pizzeria Uno, and Pizzeria Due were my deep dish favorites. You had to stand in the street to just get in
    , then took time to order then just wait. Now I live in wisconsin and there is no pizza here anywhere!

Dan
    Dan is offline Banned
    Bill, Pizzeria Uno is really good. When I was in Hoboken recently, we ate at Bertucci's, which is right in Pavonia Newport near the Mariott where I stayed, and their Pizza was fantastic. When I was in Boston, I dined at the Bertucci's there too. Fabulous service and good Red Wines there too. If you cannot get any good pizza in Wisconsin, get Amy's frozen cheese Pizza. It's amazing. I had a whole pie this evening. It's a great to improvise with Amy's if you cannot get the real thing, because Amy's pizza's are superb!

BillChicago is offline Silver Member

AMYS PIZZA??

dan ..... thank you for the tip about amys . I will check it out. Yes all this pizza talk is making me hungry. Like i said its an individual taste, but thats only my opinion. With all due respect though i have yet to ever taste any frozen pizza worth a dime. But being desperate for a good pizza I am thinking of a road trip to Chicago for a pizza. thank you for the tip Dan

Dan
    Dan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BillChicago View Post
    dan ..... thank you for the tip about amys . I will check it out. Yes all this pizza talk is making me hungry. Like i said its an individual taste, but thats only my opinion. With all due respect though i have yet to ever taste any frozen pizza worth a dime. But being desperate for a good pizza I am thinking of a road trip to Chicago for a pizza. thank you for the tip Dan
    Bill, Amy's is really the best Frozen Pizza because it's Organic, made very well with the best ingredients, no harmful ingredients in there at all, made with sufficient Fiber and the Sodium is less than most, if not all of the Frozen Pizza's, and I have tried them all. Amy's is a little but more than most Frozen Pizza's, but it is way worth it.

ARIES3032 is offline In Memoriam

White

cheese
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Mark is offline Italiano a cuore
    Reheated Sicilian from the other night. Paired with a Mondavi Coastal Cab.
    Tutti a tavola a mangiare!

Dan
    Dan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Reheated Sicilian from the other night. Paired with a Mondavi Coastal Cab.

Tina... is offline Ring-A-Ding Ding!
    A guest was just viewing this thread and reminded me of something that was in the paper today....

Italians are famous for loving their Pizza BUT apparently when they can't be bothered to make their own, the favourite is a frozen Pizza from Lancashire in England, owned by a company from Germany...you couldn't make it up LOL!

I never used to be one for Pizza, I didn't even have one when in Italy I quite like them these days, especially thin crust.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

David is offline Mistywatercolored Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    < I haven't found a pizza anywhere that compares with a New York pizza. >

It's the dough and the dough is a result of the great city water. Philadelphia too has this ability to make wonderful breads due to the water.
    Hmmm, interesting point! I don't pretend to know the best pizza in NYC, but I agree it's the best there. I've been to Lombardi's several times and loved it, but just about any pizza I've had in New York was good. I was corrected this last trip when I ordered what we would call a "cheese slice" in Atlanta. In New York you order a "slice" and it's assumed it's cheese only. Pizza is one of my favorite foods, but I try not to eat it too often. Gotta watch the figure.

ceruleus is offline Gold Member
    A friend of mine used to work at a pizza place called 'Si Si' (poor name, I know) and would bring by a full freebie whenever she stopped by after a shift. Best pizza in England, I'd wager. Don't know how it would compare to NYC, but it knocked the UK chain restaurants into a cocked hat.

The only pizza place in the town I'm living in now stops serving after 8pm! Now that's just wrong.
    - Michael Rose

George M is offline Platinum Member
    Usually, when I have pizza, I order from one of the big brands such as Papa John's, or from a local parlor called Pizza Express, but I have now come across the Cafe W brand from Walgreens. I tried one earlier this month, and it was a bit greasy, but it was good to me, as I recall.

I suppose I shall now have to get my pizzas when I get a prescription filled, won't I?
    There's a little bit of Francis Albert Sinatra in all of us.

Dina is offline Diamond Member
    There's a wonderful pizza place here in Kalamazoo called Bilbo's (yes, named after the hobbit) and, they have incredible deep dish pies with a delicious snappy sauce and lots of gooey cheese. It's not quite as good as true Chicago deep dish but, it's the closest thing I've found. They also have wonderful salads and have even added a microbrewery in recent years. Almost perfection!

George M is offline Platinum Member

Upon further review

Upon furthur review of this thread, I will have to say that there is one pizza parlor which I miss. Stefano's in Knoxville, Tennessee is the one, which, as I recall, offered a wheat crust pizza with Italian sausage, green peppers and pineapple. That was the way I ordered it, and it was well worth my walking all the way from downtown to the Cumberland Avenue strip, near the University of Tennessee, to enjoy one.

Now that I think about it, I do miss Stefano's.
    There's a little bit of Francis Albert Sinatra in all of us.

sparkytect is offline Silver Member
    There used to be a little local joint here in Fred-Vegas known as Vesuvio's and their claim to fame was a Quatro Stagionni; it was a white pizza with shrimp, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and black olives. We would go right after class on Thursday nights and get one but I guess just our business was not enough to keep them around. Alas, they closed, moved to Northern Virginia and we've never heard from them again. Keep trying to find someplace that can recreate the pizza though...
    Brad

All or nothing at all!

Gonzalo Duque is offline In Memoriam
    Westland, Michigan but I'm from Jersey City
    NYC, tri-state and Philly area pizza is the absolute BEST. Michigan doesn't have any good pizza unless you go to a Sbarro's in the malls. As a transplanted New Jerseyan here in metro Detroit since 1986 I have the authority to say that. I've had pizza all over Michigan and Ohio and have yet to find anything that remotely equals pizza from the east coast. Not even Buddies Pizza which was mentioned earlier; that doesn't come close. There are major pizza chains here and they all suck. Sorry to be blunt but that's the truth.

There is also no Sabrett hot dogs here and if you look hard you can find Nathan's.
    Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8

santa is offline Platinum Member
    Hmmmmmmm, my grandmom's pizza was the best...fresh dough and on special occasions she would put thin chunks of roast pork in the middle of the dough...to die for...here in Philly we have so many good pizza places that its hard to choose..just cheese...that's a pizza no fruit, nuts, veggies...yuck...they kill a good pizza.....hmmmm making miss grandmom.....
    Blessings,
    Santa
    "The Best is Yet to Come!"

David Charles is offline Silver Member
    I had some great pizza in Steubenville, OH while attending the Dean Martin Festival last year. DeCarlos Pizza. It tasted the most 'authentic' that I have had yet. Great mozzarella cheese.

"...of lips as warm as May."

Tina... is offline Ring-A-Ding Ding!
    I had the Pizza tonight for my tea... ref my post above...it actually says "Italy's Best Loved Pizza" on the box, it's quite nice , a lovely thin pizza base, just like I like it. It was on special so I bought two LOL! Just when I've decided to diet!
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast