Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Recipes

Lightbulb Favorite Recipes

Any of you want to share your favorite/secret recipes?

I have re-entered my Chili Recipe, hope you try it.
    A lot of people like it.
    Kris, It's all good!

Thumbs up re:chile

SOUNDS GOOD KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'LL TRY IT

Post Anybody Hungry?...Favorite Recipes...

Hi, Kris!

Congratulations on Your Prize Winning Chille Recipe! I Love the Name You gave it! Chille and Sinatra generate a lot of heat!

"COOKIE"! Did Someone say "COOKIE"? Where?

Thank You for liking my Cookie Monster Avatar.

Here is my recipe for Cookies. I call them:

"COOK-EASE"

Ingredients:

1 car
    1 set of car keys
    1 full tank of gas
    1 drivers license
    1 driver
    2 crisp five dollar bills

Combine all of the above ingredients. Stir, I mean, Steer ingredients well until arriving at grocery store (about fifteen minutes).

Remove driver and 2 crisp five dollar bills from well-heated car and place in chilled grocery store.
    Driver buys cookies.
    Driver eats cookies.

Discard car, set of car keys, full tank of gas, and drivers license. Place empty cookie box and crumbs in trash can for Grover.

1 well-heated driver quickly jogs Home (about fifteen minutes).
    Allow fifteen additional minutes for driver to cool off and chill out.

As You can see, I'm no threat to any Great Chefs!

I do adore the fact that Frank loved to Cook, and I look forward to buying a copy of Nancy, Sr., AJ, and Amanda's new Cook Book.

This is a really nice Thread, Kris, so I will be back with a REAL Recipe.

Smile Love to cook

Hi Kris, your chillie (Frank Sinatra style) sounds very tasty. Elizabeth , liked your cookie receipe. Did any one ever hear of the Neiman Marcus cookie and the story? If not, I eould be glad to share both with you. It's almost time to start cookie baking for me. My husband eats them so fast I have to hid them because we exchange cookies with neighbors.
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Hi, Lee!

If it's a Story about a cookie, then it has to be a good Story. I like stories. The cookier, the better. Please share.

Your Husband sounds like a very intelligent man with great taste. If he moves in with the neighbors, will he get even more cookies? I moved in with the neighbors once, and I got more dough. They paid me to leave.

Smile I Want The Recipe!!!

Hey Lee,

I can't wait to hear the story about those great cookies!!! I would love to know the recipe!!

Kris-Loved your recipe for that chili! But, it reminds me of that song by The Dixie Chicks! Ever hear the one called Wide Open Spaces?? If one was to eat that chili, that would be a good place to be afterwards!!!

Good to see Elizabeth is back!!!

Lynda51

Smile OK , Here goes---

It seems someonme was buying cookies at Neiman Marcus , she was totally surprised when the salesperson asked for $250.00, she had asked and was told they were 250, meaning the lady thought the price was $2.50 ---Surprise---Surprise!! Ok, here is the receipe, it is doubled, but may be easily cut in half: Neiman"s $250 Cookie Receipe 2 c. butter, 2 c. sugar 2 C. Brown Sugar 4 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 4 c. flour 5 c. blended oatmeal (blended oatmeal: Measure and blend in a blender to a fine powder ) 1 tsp. salt 2 tsps. baking soda 2 tsps. baking powder 24 oz. choclate chips 1 (8 oz.) grated Hershey bar 3 cups chopped nuts Cream butter, and boh sugars, add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, candy and nuts. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes at 375o , makes 112 cookies, but receipe can be halved. Enjoy

Smile You make me laugh--

Hi Elizabeth, welcome back. The neighbors trade their cookies for my cookies. Two neighbors don't bake, but I get a nice candle and a bottle of wine . Nice setting to eat the cookies and whatever. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!!

Thumbs up Thanks Alot!!

Hey Lee,

Thanks for taking the time to give us this recipe!! Can't wait to make them!!

Now I got to get my sorry self to the grocery and get all the ingredients!

Take care!

Lynda51

Ol' Blue Fur Is Back

I didn't know I was away! Did I have a good time?

Dear Lee,

That was a very good Story. It would make a nice Bedtime Story....."While Visions Of Cookie Crumbs Danced In Their Heads".....I think that recipe calls for about thirty hours of jogging! Delicious!

It sounds like You live in a very nice neighborhood. In fact, it sounds like it's a very nice neighborhood because You live there.

Good recipe, Elizabeth!

I just walk to the corner deli, but if it involves a trip I have to substitute your carkeys with a subway token.

Hi, Peggy!

The nice thing about recipes is that they allow for substitutes, and lots of creativity.

I ate a subway token once. I thought it was a cookie. I also went into a "Subway" Shop and asked which train I should take to get to Hoboken.

I hope everyone had a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. I know I did. It was very bittersweet this year. My heart still goes out to all those who were lost on September 11th, and to their Families and Loved Ones. They will never be forgotten.

Dear Kris,

I watched a television segment once regarding Chilli Cook-Offs. I believe it took place in Texas and it is an annual event. The Contestants and the Judges know a great deal about Chilli. I applaud You for Your Prize Winning Recipe. Thank You for sharing it and not keeping it a secret recipe!

Here is a REAL recipe. It won't win any prizes, but it falls within the category of a "Cookie", and it pleases both cookie and cake-lovers. These are known as "Devil Dogs", however, I prefer to call them:

ANGEL DOGS:

Cream: one half cup of butter, one egg, and one cup of sugar.

Sift two cups of flour with one half cup of cocoa, one teaspoon of baking powder, one and one half teaspoons of baking soda, one half teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of vanilla.

Add ingredients to the creamed mixture, along with one cup of milk.

Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees, for eight minutes.

After removing cookie sheet from oven, remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately, and let cool.
    After cookies have cooled, join every two cookies together with a cream filling.

Recipe for the Cream Filling:

Cook two and one half tablespoons of flour and one half cup of milk until thickened, and let cool.

Cream one quarter cup of butter, one quarter cup of shortening, and one half cup of sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer. Add the cooled flour and milk mixture, and beat again, adding one teaspoon of vanilla.

To embellish a little more, use some cream filling to create sweet little cherub faces on top of the cookies, then insert a clean pipe cleaner, bent into the shape of a Halo, above the eyes.

Eat cookies. Yum. Yum.

Cool re:anybody hungry?

Hello Elizabeth, and to all you ladies. Ya know, as much as I like chili, and me defin it ly like cookies with these yummy recipes, i'm never gonna lose any weight!!! LOL!!! Happiest and warmest of holidays to you and yours,

Smile But we'll be happy

Good Morning everyone, Mike you migt not lose weight, but you'll be a happy camper eatng these goodies. Hi Elizabeth, I am going to put your angel dog receipe on file , and make them for my cookie exchange, but not be much will be left for the exchange to eat. Receipe sounds really good, have a great day. The Best Is Yet To Come!!

Westland, Michigan but I'm from Jersey City

Recipes!

Hey, great topic! I love to eat, and I also like to make what I eat as well. It's really not that hard to do. I don't have time right now to post these recipes I'm proposing, but would anyone like to see my recipes for home-made spaghetti/pasta sauce and for Veal Marsala? I like to watch Food TV and I'm also a big fan of Biba Caggiano and her show that used to be on the Learning Channel called "Biba's Italian Kitchen", highlighting the cuisine of northern Italy, specifically of Bologna and the region of Emilia-Romagnia. I also love Sicilian food, but most Italians tell me that's not "real" Italian cooking!

Wanna see these recipes?
    Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8

Smile Sinatra "S" lemon cookies

For Kris and Pallies..........51/2c flour.....6tps baking powder, 1tsp vanilla.... juice one lemon 3/4 cup oil 1 cup sugar... 6 eggs....mix well.....beat eggs first.... make a well with fork combine ingredients until you from a dough.....knead just till dough sticks together..form a ball shape..place in covered bowl...let stand...about half hour...... take about a tablespoon of dough roll into ball..then roll into a about a two inch rope.... shape into an "S"...Place all cookies on cookie sheet...bake at 350-375 10 min... depending on oven..when bottom turns slightly brown remove..Let cool....Icing.... 2 cups powdered sugar add lemon add some milk mix until thick......dip cookie in icing and place on a cookie sheet to dry....These really are little cakes ....enjoy....This recipe is a little this and a little that.....I broke it down so that I could share recipe with you.......Happy Baking...
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

Thumbs up Sounds Yummy!!

Hey June,

The recipe sound really good and easy to make!! Can't wait to bake them!

Thanks for sharing them with us!!

Lynda51

Thumbs up

Hey Gonzo,

Sure we would like to see your recipes!! Go ahead and share them with us!! I love that kind of food!!

Lynda51

Just a tip...

Im not a cook by any means of the imagination, but try this guys...

When making a sponge cake, slice some fresh apple (not cooking apple) and soak in Jack Daniels for about 2hrs before dropping into your sponge mixture, then also put 2 capfulls of Jack Daniels into your sponge too.

I call it my Sinatra cake!!

Adam
    Adam
    Be Aware Don't Despair