Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Frank Sinatra's Autograph

EMOTION !

Io ho tanto materiale di FRANK , ma il suo autografo no, mi scende una lacrima ....ma che cosa una lacrima se non un'emozione......tutto di FRANK mi d sempre EMOZIONE !!!

I have much material to FRANK , but his autograph no, I drops a tear .... but what it's a tear if not of emotion ......
    ...everything of FRANK gives me always EMOTION !!

Quote Originally Posted by irene soggia View Post
    Io ho tanto materiale di FRANK , ma il suo autografo no, mi scende una lacrima ....ma che cosa una lacrima se non un'emozione......tutto di FRANK mi d sempre EMOZIONE !!!

I have much material to FRANK , but his autograph no, I drops a tear .... but what it's a tear if not of emotion ......
    ...everything of FRANK gives me always EMOTION !!
    Thats nice to read, I wish people the World over had as much passion would be a nicer place all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne C View Post
    I have decided to take your advice Nick its just to much of a risk, someone offered me an autographed programme from the Royal Festival Hall, i was tempted but you never know if its legit or not.
    Signed programmes I'm even more suspicious of, just seems too convenient if you see what I mean. The type of people Sinatra had backstage were his friends who wouldn't need to ask to have a signature. I suppose a few could get him at the stage door for one before or after the show, but by the 80's all those London venues had tight security for that sort of thing, bearing in mind the IRA campaign and so on. Glad you saved your money, looked at another way, more to spend on the music.

Thats the first time I saw the words Sinatra and the IRA in the same sentence!

All I am asking is did Frank regularly sign his signature for the fans?, I have met many famous people over the years who were both " Precious " and "easy" to get on with after concerts, I would anticipate even though Frank didn't suffer incompetent folk in the studio, he may have given his fans a lot more time and freedom?, as he no doubt knew 2 minutes of his time could change their lives forever?.

If there was a moment of time, he would sign, but rarely. and his secretary, Dorothy signed the pictures that went out from the office.
    DON'T DESPAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    If there was a moment of time, he would sign, but rarely, and his secretary, Dorothy signed the pictures that went out from the office.
    So there could be a lot of fans sat at home thinking they have, something tangable and precious?, when all they have is a picture?. I can understand but I feel sorry for the people who maybe showing their Sinatra autograph off with pride, I guess its hard once you become popular you cannot cover all the bases I guess.

I've got one from Dorothy Uhleman Nancy, when I was 12 or 13 it had been on the news that he was ill (the collapse at the Richmond show I think) so I wrote a "get well Frank" note and got a glossy A4 signed picture back. I never assumed it was actually Frank but Dorothy wrote a personalised covering letter and for a kid it was a nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne C View Post
    So there could be a lot of fans sat at home thinking they have, something tangable and precious?, when all they have is a picture?. I can understand but I feel sorry for the people who maybe showing their Sinatra autograph off with pride, I guess its hard once you become popular you cannot cover all the bases I guess.
    Oh for God's sake, Wayne. I've changed my mind. I will sell my letter for a million dollars because the legitimacy is unmistakable and I bet you would pay for it.
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Savatri View Post
    Oh for God's sake, Wayne. I've changed my mind. I will sell my letter for a million dollars because the legitimacy is unmistakable and I bet you would pay for it.
    I guess I would, but I bet you wouldn't sell it!. id rather have teeth pulled than sell anything that I feel is important to me as a person, but im only talking light heartedly about this subject, with respect. As other members have said such as Nick , save your money and put it back into the music " good advice for sure.

Well at least one of my posts did some good.
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

For me personally I do not see the point of 'buying' an autograph (even if it's genuine which is unlikely)....on the other hand if you have something that was written to you personally I can completely understand why you would treasure it and never want to part with it - but that's just me.
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    For me personally I do not see the point of 'buying' an autograph (even if it's genuine which is unlikely)....on the other hand if you have something that was written to you personally I can completely understand why you would treasure it and never want to part with it - but that's just me.
    Exactly, Keith. And not only written to me (on the back of my letter to Frank), but it also resulted in my being able to call his hotel and visit him in his dressing room and then see the show: Because of his invitation in his letter. The letter and the follow-up meeting was the reason it all was so special.
    Joan

Quote Originally Posted by Savatri View Post
    Exactly, Keith. And not only written to me (on the back of my letter to Frank), but it also resulted in my being able to call his hotel and visit him in his dressing room and then see the show: Because of his invitation in his letter. The letter and the follow-up meeting was the reason it all was so special.
    that's just a whole lot of awesome.

Hello my Sinatra family. I need to know your opinions on this autograph. REAL OR FAKE? Is it Frank's handwriting?It is only a mere 40. Too good to be true?

Thanks for your opinions guys

This is an auto pen signature not worth a cent.

But more likely if it is for sale for such a meager price it is probably just a reproduction picture.

Thanks I'm not really going to go into autograph buying as a) it's too expensive and b) you never know what's real and what's not. However I guess my desire for something so low value and real was way beyond my imagination. Thank you !

Good decision! Very good decision!

Support the FAS Times Square Statue
    Sleep warm all!!!!!

Bobbysoxer if you really want an autograph of Frank Sinatra I would gladly give you one seeing as I have over 100 autographed items and photos. The Jewel of my collection I bought from a New Jersey auction and is the slip of paper he signed in order to record "Our Love". But all you need to do is tell me what era signature you want and I'll give you one free of charge, I believe a simple smile is worth far beyond money