Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy in Speedway

Thumbs up Nancy in Speedway

...In honor of Elvis, CMT cable TV ran the 1968 movie "Speedway"..tonight...WOW! was REALLY LOOKING HOT! in this movie...and I love her outfits!!!...Way to go Nancy!!.....These TV and movie people of today's world need to take a look at this movie....God Bless Nancy...and .....Elvis......What a get acting couple they made in this movie......."Speedway, you still got us going even today Nancy"....
    Mark

"Your getting to be a habit with me"...Sinatra Now & Forever!

Thumbs up

I too watched Speedway last night and Nancy did look stunning - I loved her clothes and would give anything for a figure like that, but I have to say that I am not a naturally envious or jealous person, but Nancy was I jealous of you! To be close to Elvis like that, well, all I can say is, you were so lucky! Was he really so gorgeous?
    Karyn

Speedway was recently released on dvd.
    Last edited by George Bellefon; 03-13-2005 at 05:22 AM.
    George B.

Smile Speedway.

I've seen so many times "Speedway" I nearly remember all the dialogues. I've already added the dvd to my collection.

Curiosity : In Brazil "Speedaway" was called in 1968 "O Bacana do Volante" (something like "The Cool Guy from The Wheel").

Widescreen DVD

The Widescreen print on the new DVD looks great! It's the best quality copy of this film I've ever seen!
    Ron

<<< The Widescreen print on the new DVD looks great! It's the best quality copy of this film I've ever seen! >>>

Hi Ronnie,

I agree, it looks great.

I watched it last weekend.
    I have only seen it once before last year on video tape.
    Watching it on DVD was like seeing it for the first time.
    Nancy is the best in this, my eyes never left the screen.

Pity the sound is only mono on the DVD. I suppose this is how it was when originally released in 1968.

I think the soundtrack CD is in stereo, well I know Nancy's song (Your Groovy Self) is definately released in stereo on CD.
    Shame they couldn't use these stereo versions of the songs for this DVD.
    The Nancy Sinatra UK Fan Page
    http://www.movinwithnancy.fsnet.co.uk

I haven't watched my copy as yet so it's good to hear the picture quality is great. I have an 8 foot screen in my home theater and love to watch the MOVIN' WITH NANCY dvd on it, so I am really looking forward to watching SPEEDWAY hopefully tonight.
    George B.

8 foot screen

Elvis and Nancy on an 8 foot screen sounds great. The DVD really is more clear.

Someday when Nancy has another "ask Nancy" thread I want to ask about filming this and other movies? If a scene is lip synced how loud is the actor ( male and female ) hearing it etc? This movie buff has much to learn.

You guys are real sweet but Speedway ranks up there with some of the worst movies ever made.

DON'T DESPAIR

<<You guys are real sweet but Speedway ranks up there with some of the worst movies ever made.>>

That's real modesty there. With Nancy Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and a heck of a film it kinda leaves you cravin' for more Nancy Sinatra films. And the as far as rankin' with the worst films ever made......... All I can say is: Rock on baby, rock on.

Nope. Not modesty. Truth.
    DON'T DESPAIR

Great Fun!!!

Speedway is certainly no Gone With The Wind, but it really is great fun to watch! I've always liked Elvis' movies ! He's co-starred with many lovely and talented ladies like Nancy, Ann-Margaret, Lizabeth Scott, Carolyn Jones,Juliet Prowse, Mary Tyler Moore, Barbara Stanwyck and the list goes on... His movies are a colorful piece of nostalgia from days gone by.The music and fashions are the best! I wish that today's popular music scene were like this!
    Ron

Originally posted by Nancy
    Nope. Not modesty. Truth.

<<< Speedway ranks up there with some of the worst movies ever made. >>>

I love films like this.
    Good family entertainment.
    They don't make em' like this anymore.

Sure beats a lot of the crap hollywood churns out today.
    The Nancy Sinatra UK Fan Page
    http://www.movinwithnancy.fsnet.co.uk

I like it

When I see photos of Nancy welcoming Elvis home from the Army it is hard to believe that they would work together in just a few years and Nancy would be selling millions of records too. Life goes in so many directions. I can still remember the day this movie came out way back when. I STILL like it.

Where does time go?

Even if, as Nancy says, it is the worst movie ever, you gotta love the fact that she and Elvis are in it together. There are a lot of movies out there that are not designed to overwork your brain, but to just lightly entertain. Speedway is one of those, and there are thousands more like it out there, and quite a few in my movie collection that I like to play after a tough day.
    George B.

<<... Even if, as Nancy says, it is the worst movie ever, ...>>

No, George. It's ranks up there with the worst, but it's not the worst ever.
    DON'T DESPAIR

I like the movie

Because your in it, iv'e watched it like five times in the past four months, it was on cable

<< five times in the past four months >>

Oh, no!
    DON'T DESPAIR

Hi Nancy...Yes, I too ,watched it just for you the other day...Elvis was Ok... but you were GREAT....Amy
    Amy