Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea Bocelli

Red face Andera..

My first television set was a 12 inch B/W Andrea with a am radio way back in 1948...
    Mr Bocelli is very good, not really my kind of singer. Joe V.

<< his Taormina concert >> I said there was more (surprise) in the link

Sadly, no Pearl Fishers that night my friend, Cami McNamee`s review (she flew in for the show in Wales from Leesburg Va
    before travelling to Verona) gives the playlist, a weekend in Europe from the USA, now that`s a fan.

I wish you well in your search for a recording of the Faenol Concert Bonni, there could well be one available in due course.

BTW, an addition added to the above link, Radio 2s Proms in the Park features Mr B and others live on Saturday last, you may well smile at G4`s rendition of My Way.

The last night of the Proms from the RAH being a Brit national treasure, featuring Elgar`s Pomp and Circumstance & including Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem, Karyn will know.....that`s the UK
    [B]Mustn`t grumble. [/B]

He did it yet again!

Andrea's new pop album, Amore, just came out four days ago. This is one of the most beautiful albums I have ever heard. His voice is still just paralyzing. It makes each familiar song sound new, and more romantic than it ever seemed before.

From Amazon.com:
    While creating the perfect track listing for Bocelli's first-ever album of popular songs, Bocelli and his producers searched the musical eras from the 1920s to the 1980s for songs in Italian, Spanish and French. Bocelli also added some of his favorite international pop songs, including the Italian classics "L'Appuntamento" and "Quando M'Innamoro," the Latin American hit "Besame Mucho," and the French standard "Les Feuilles Mortes," which has become the much-loved English standard "Autumn Leaves." "Solamente Una Vez" (a hit as "You Belong to My Heart" for stars including Elvis Presley and Bing Crosby) and "Somos Novios" (famously an English-language hit as "It's Impossible" for Perry Como) are also highlights of the album. The end result is Bocelli's amazingly beautiful interpretation of classics made popular by legendary vocalists from Edith Piaf and Luis Miguel to Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra.

Amore features a stellar lineup of the world's finest instrumentalists, who between them have worked with virtually every major artist of the recent era: On electric and acoustic guitar, Dean Parks (Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, B.B. King) and Michael Landau (Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis); on Spanish guitar, mandolin, charango, bajo-sexto and vihuela, Ramon Stagnaro (Luis Miguel, Alejandro Sanz, Enrique Iglesias); on bass, Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Phil Collins); on drums, Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Marcus Miller, David Sanborn); on piano and keyboards, Randy Waldman (Barbra Streisand, Kenny G, George Benson); on percussion, Paulinho Da Costa (Prince, Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock) and Rafaela Padilla (Gloria Estefan, Alejandro Sanz); and on trumpet, the acclaimed soloist Chris Botti.

I can hear it now.........

"Bennett sings Bocelli" and 6 months later "Bocelli sings Bennett"

The "BSB Series"

On Bonni's new record label of course.

But the big surprise hit of the Century, is the new singing sensation out of the east that Bonni helped sign to her label.

Now where did I put Tony's phone number?
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

I've heard most of this CD and it's magnificent!!

Bocelli handles some of these Pop melodies effortlessly, and his English (on Because We Believe, and Can't Help Falling in Love), is better than I expected.

I have to check to see who the female is that sings with him on Somos Novios (It's Impossible) and Les Feuilles Mortes Autumn Leaves). It may not even be the same person, but I like the duets.

Overall, a terrific CD. Yes, Bonni....you heard that from me!

I knew it!

Funny, Jim, I was gonna reccommend this album to you because of the Spanish language songs.

Christina Aguilera's on Somos Novios, but I don't know who the singer is on Les Feuilles Mortes. I'll have to check the CD.

This is such an incredible CD... I can't pick a favorite yet. So far, Canzoni Stonate, Cuando Me Enamoro, and Mi Manchi are up there.

Rick, does this mean Andrea will be recording in my studio? Yeesh, I talk like I own the place. Anyway, if that's the case, you got yourself a deal.

Bocelli? at your new record label?

Who said that? I said I might be able to get an autograph to you from Tony Bennett that would say that he met Andrea. In return you would sign me, eh, I mean, you would sign my eh, this eh friend of mine to your label. If getting Andrea into your studio is now part of the deal, then I'm afraid I'll just, eh I mean, my buddy will just have to find another label. He's gonna be a smash. He got a call today from Al Raymond about joining his big band. They're in contract negotiation as we speak.
    Rick

Here's a nice shot for you Bonni

He is a great singer.

Rick

Well, if they decide to do BSB and BSB2, I thought maybe, possibly, somehow they'd want to do it at my studio? I mean, I'd be awfully hospitable. If not, the autograph and/or the taffy will do.

But tell your buddy congrats on the contract offer!

Ray, thanks. What a gorgeous face. I thought I had my favorite picture of him on my computer, but I can't find it, otherwise I'd post it. It's a beautiful shot of him and the ocean, and his eyes are wide open. Just makes you melt. *Sigh*

Showing up at the NBA all-star game

Worldwide superstar Andrea Bocelli will highlight NBA Cares, the league's global community outreach initiative, before a worldwide audience with his special performance of “Because We Believe,” from his new CD, Amore, during NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by AOL at the Toyota Center in Houston on Feb. 18 (8:00 p.m. ET, TNT).

Prior to Bocelli taking the stage, two 2006 NBA All-Star players will introduce the world-renown singer. NBA Cares-themed video and imagery featuring NBA players working in communities around the world will be thread into the international superstar's performance.
    My heart.

Oooooh! Thanks, Freddie! I'm definitely gonna be watching for him.

Bonni

I spoke with Tony. He says he will try to get you the autograph but that he also wants to do a duet with me at your record label. I told him that I just didn't think it was right to connect the two in a "pork barrel" kind of way. He insisted though. As you know, Tony and I go way back to, eh, let me see, was it last year or the year before.

Rick

Oh, Rick, now that would be fantastic. Fuhgeddabout the taffy! I'll finally get to hear you sing. Oh, and I'm sure that Tony guy will sound good too.

Wait a minute... what happened to this 'buddy' of yours?

Oh Yea, my buddy

Well, funny thing is he decided to do a release of Glen Campbell tunes on a Memphis label so he's not interested any more.
    Rick

Today I was going to get the "Amore" CD, but I was told it will be released on February 24.

How come it's sold in the US before we get it ?

Is the US closer to Italy? I 'll have to check the map right now!

Aww, darn. Well, don't worry, Anton, it is more than worth the wait.

iTunes also has the tracks from the CD and you can buy them there right away.

I absolutely adore Andrea Boccelli...It's Time to Say Goodbye is as awesome after the 200th listen as it was the first.
    In wildness is the preservation of the world..Thoreau

I just heard that Andrea Bocelli will be appearing on Martha Stewart's daytime show tomorrow for a Valentine's Special.

<February 14, 2006
    Andrea Bocelli
    Martha celebrates Valentine's Day with a beautiful serenade from the most romantic voice in the world--Andrea Bocelli. Martha shares video from her trip to a premiere chocolate factory in Torino, Italy. Host of ESPN's This is SportsCenter, Kenny Mayne, joins Martha to make Coconut Cookies with Passion Fruit Curd that you can make for a special someone. Plus, don't miss a sweet Good Thing: Chocolate Covered Spoons. And, Martha reveals Number 10 of her 20 Essential Kitchen Tools. >

Thumbs up Bocelli ....Bravo!

Fantasic Voice!.....a gift from GOD!
    Mark

"Your getting to be a habit with me"...Sinatra Now & Forever!

<< Andrea Bocelli will be appearing on Martha Stewart's daytime show tomorrow for a Valentine's Special >>

What a treat!!! Thanks for posting this, Roy! Can't wait to tape it!