Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gin

Gin

Was watching "Tony Rome" this morning, and noticed that when Frank ordered a drink it was Gin. Did Frank really drink Gin, somehow that surprizes me. As I thought he'd be a Vodka drinker for a martini when not drinking JD.

Does anyone know?

FAS:Yours is the only music, that makes me dance

Dad loved Tanqueray gin but it didn't love him.

[Charlie - I have shortened the bottom of your post. You don't have to sign your name after each one because you have your signature in place. I deleted the spaces between your post and the FAS tribute.]
    DON'T DESPAIR

Gin

Nancy: thanks for the answer and I didn't know my name was automatically included. Thanks for telling me. As usual your on the ball!!

FAS:Yours is the only music, that makes me dance

Nancy & Char,

You know that song, "Love Don't Love Nobody" by the Spinners?

Well, IMO, Gin don't love no body! It's ROUGH on your system, and very bad for you (of course most booze is).

I used to be a big Tanqueray drinker, until a distant cousin/funeral director told me what it does to your liver .

From then on....I moved to Vodka! (wait a minute.....that doesn't seem MUCH better anyway
    Christopher

Great song, Christopher!
    "It takes a fool to learn......"

Jim--that is an excellent song....for sure! I need to dig that one out of the archives soon.
    Christopher

<<Dad loved Tanqueray gin but it didn't love him>>

I love Bombay Sapphire and it loves me.

Eugene

I can actually handle Gin, but man, the taste is horrible. you have to be already drunk in order to handle gin and not know what you are drinking.

<<I can actually handle Gin, but man, the taste is horrible.>>

It goes down much easier with tonic water, Jason.

Eugene

you have to be already drunk in order to handle gin and not know what you are drinking.

I think it's like scotch. The good stuff is really good (like Tanqueray or Johnnie Walker Blue), and the bad stuff is really bad.

Pack a small bag....

Tanqueray gin is one of the wonders of the liquor cabinet.
    DON'T DESPAIR

I used to love Gibson's (martini's w/onions instead of olives) till my experience at the "Playboy Club" and their doubles. Found myself flat on the floor.

Since then it's only wine. Gin is a "wicked whopper" that doesn't stop for four days!

<< Johnnie Walker Blue)>>

I've had red and black, but never blue.....I'm saving myself.

Eugene

I've had one shot of Blue. I'm not really a scotch drinker, but that was the smoothest liquor I've ever had. Heaven in a glass.

Pack a small bag....

Ouzo with freshly squeezed lemon....

Excellent for a cough and laryngitis...

I mean to cure it not give you...

sarah

Originally posted by Nancy Tanqueray gin is one of the wonders of the liquor cabinet.
    See what great things you can learn when you log into this site!!
    Jeffrey

Gin - my favourite tipple - especially Bombay Sapphire. Nothing like it ice cold with ice cold tonic
    Karyn

fav tipple

give me a glass of red wine anyday!! If I were a spirit drinker it would be Irish Whiskey. I used to drink a lot of "Kilkenny" which is an Irish real ale. Fantastic!!!!! My wife Clare loves red wine too, soft and fruity but adores Ameretto!!!!!
    Pete Brown

Has anyone ever tried Hendrick's Gin? I rec'vd a bottle for Christmas but haven't tried it.

According to the couple that gave it to me, it is purportedly even better than Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray Ten!
    Christopher

Pete - I like a glass of red wine, although I am finding it goes to my head far quicker than gin. Although gin is my favourite, I don't drink it very often, usually in the summer, with friends at the end of a long hot day!
    Karyn