Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chez Frank III

Give her our love and thoughts Rhodalee. I just hope she gets back safe and healthy. I hope you are doing better as well. Love from New Orleans...
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"
    My email is: chadham6@msn.com

Hello to everyone!

Just see this thread keeps getting longer!Great!!

Hope you all are fine and doing well, having good health and keep smiling ...that's also what my Darlin' often reminds me

Oma Lee, first of all I'd like to ask you how's your daughter...? Does she feel better?
    And - do you keep touch with your "Sissy" - my second adopted Oma Lois? Do you have any news? We wrote each other two months ago when she celebrated her birthday but our posting is no longer sice then, I should write her again, I think...

...well, just let me ask all of you for such a little quiz question - but I gotta add there's no absolutely true answer :

>>If you have found your true love, how had you recognized "that's it!"...?

I'm curious of your experience with love, please share them!

Catie

Wink My dearest Granddaughter, Catie

It always makes my heart glow warmly when I see a note from you. Tell me did you receive my e-mail? My daughter, Robin, is back in her own apartment, not such a good idea, but she has someone staying with her in the PM hours and two therapist see her three times a week, and a nurse's aid 3 times a week to shower her. She still cannot move the left side of her body, although the leg is making some progress. Please say prayers for her complete recovery. I will try to send you an e-mail again. Meanwhile--Ah-- I think my lovely Catie is in love! It can be beautiful with the right person . I have been very forunate--52nd wedding anniversary this week. How do you know--an age old question. It is a feeling that you cannot live without this person, that spending time away from him makes you sad. Walking down this street with this person makes you feel like every one know you are in love. The touch of his/her hand in yours makes you complete. As you see this is a subject that can go on and on, and everyone will have a different version. Do write to your other Oma. It would make her happy. Sending you tons of hugs! Oma Lee
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Thumbs up One Day At A Time...

Hi Lee, Sounds like your daughter is making slow but steady progress.
    Thanks for sharing the good news with the rest of us.
    Tell Robin we're all pulling for her..
    Joe V.

Perhaps a dumb question but what is this about? I'm not sure if I get it.

Walt Graham

Hi Walt:

Are you asking about the room itself? The Chez Frank room is simply an anything goes sort of place for general discussion. It is something of a chat room, but it is not limted to any particular topic or scheduled time.

In this way, members have a place to chat even though they are in different time zones and different parts of the world. It also creates a place for varied discussion so that threads dedicated to particular topics, such as Frank's Recordings, Nancy's Recordings, Movies, Shows, etc... can be kept on topic.

If you check back through the posts and in Chez Frank I & II, you will find that we have hosted various events and gatherings (such as celebrations of Mr. Sinatra's Birthday) where photos can be shared, etc...

I hope that helps. Thanks!
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"

Thank you Chaddham. That is 2 mysteries cleared up in one day. I was wondering what this room was all about. I'm leaving to go buy some new Frank cds inspired by the live recording topic.

Walt Graham

Sounds great Walt. Feel free to drop in anytime.
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"

Chad

How is the house coming along?

Hi Lee...

It is coming at a steady pace. I took some pics yesterday and I will download and post them tonight. The outside is nearly complete in terms of repair. The trash and debris was hauled away and I have my little brick courtyard back. There is still some siding to replace and then we can start on the inside.

Thank you for asking.
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"

I can't wait to see the pictures, Chad. I'm glad you're getting things together.

Rhodalee
    Rhoda
    In memory of my Jesse and my Eric.

she has someone staying with her in the PM hours and two therapist see her three times a week, and a nurse's aid 3 times a week to shower her. She still cannot move the left side of her body, although the leg is making some progress.>>

Lee -

I think it's absolutely remarkable that your daughter can live without someone there with her day and night. If she can not still move the left side of her body, I don't know how she can live alone.

I'm just thinking of my brother who had a severe stroke. He was in George Washington U. hospital for 2 weeks and then was moved to the VA Hospital in Washington, D.C. for I'm not sure how long. He then went down to stay with our parents in Florida for more rehabilitation and rest and sunshine. Then he was able to go back to work.

Of course, he was a POW. Back in the '80s the VA treated them royally.

I know you said it would require $1,000 a day to keep Robin at the Rehab any longer. That is disgraceful. I don't know how people are supposed to manage in this day and age. Your daughter is not alone, of course. This is happening all over the country with many worse cases.

I think of your daughter often and hope for the best. Maybe it will turn out that less treatment is the best and the quickest for recovery; who knows.

Joan
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

Thanks for your kind remarks

Robin has a friend who stays there and a 17 year old son (who is often out doing his thing, school, etc.). There will be another therapist there this afternoon. She insisted she would be better at home. We will take her to the doctor's on Friday for an exam.

That sounds good, Lee. Now that I think of it, I could not wait to get out of the hospital when I had that emergency surgery for a strangulated hernia last May. I was there 5 days and I was counting the time. 2 mins at a time didn't work but 2 hrs did; it 'saved' me (thanks, Nancy).

I would lie for hours without moving because it was so painful - my entire abdomen (2 incisions they had to make) and I was taking morphine too. And even in 5 days I really didn't know how I was going to manage to go home but the hospital was unbearable. I stayed with my son and family but my son (I guess that's the way sons are except for Jerry) didn't pamper me so I did what I could by myself.

I couldn't believe I could even make it up the stairs to his house at first. But the dr said it would take 6 mos to recover so to take 3 or 4 naps a day. I think by the second day I managed to make it sitting up online to the forum. The forum can do wonders for you. But oh how I still think of those morphine dreams and hallucinations. They were wondrous but fearful.

Didn't mean to go into all this; thanks for listening, Lee. Robin will make it fine with time.

Joan
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

Hi Joan: I remember you telling us about the dreams the medication gave you.

And Lee: I hope each day is a step forward for Robin. We are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"

Hi Chad. I hope everyone who read about those dreams (and I didn't even get to the wild ones ) remembers what I said should they need surgery.

When asked how much morphine you need from 1 to 10 just don't say 10 EVERY time. (I have a very low pain threshold.)

Actually, when I think of it it might make a pretty good book because no one could conceive of dreams like those. They weren't kooky but were very real and mind-boggling.

The best one was when 3 or 4 of us were on a tiny piece of earth in the middle of the ocean and we were trying to keep that piece of earth 'plugged in.' Otherwise the Earth would have disappeared. I think when the dream ended we were just about succeeding, I hope. We were working like crazy.

I guess I could name the book simply "Morphine Dreams;
    Their Reality for the Dreamer." Or something like that.

Interesting thing is I remember them all vividly. And they lasted after I was off morphine and out of the hospital for about 2 weeks, but were not as mind-boggling.

[In one of those I was appointed an aide to a Sammauri Warrior and it was a great honor but I was concerned because I didn't know the procedures I would have to follow. I mean I was THERE.]

You can see how I am dwelling on them even now. But in the future I'll post any more in my original thread.

I hope your next party is great - Mardi Gras? I would attend if it weren't a make-believe party. But I do read about them here.

Bye Chad.

Joan
    Joan

Thanks

Chad and Joan, I have posted Robin's address for cards, etc. She does get depressed. She is doing the therapy and has a nurse to bathe her. Her goal is to be able to walk to the bathroom. Joan, I had her moved to a first floor apartment in her complex. She takes her dogs ( one at a time) out in her wheelchair on a lease.

Things sound better, Lee. Please keep us up to date on how things fare with her. I hope for nothing but the best.

Joan
    Joan

Today

Robin was notified that she must remove the dogs from the apartment.

Thumbs down No Dogs!!!

So sad to hear the news, I think pets are helpful towards Robin's treatment of recovery.
    Lee, maybe a cat can help your daughter..not much work in keeping them.
    Joe V.