Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SINATRA-BASIE: THE COMPLETE REPRISE STUDIO RECORDINGS [Concord Re-Issue] 2011 

1. SINATRA-BASIE: THE COMPLETE REPRISE STUDIO RECORDINGS [Concord Re-Issue] 2011

Concord Cat No. CRE-33152

Tentative release date - September 2011

Excellent news, those 2 albums belong together.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm surprised this hasn't had more hits/comments yet?
    There's a lot to work with on both these albums (easily some of my Reprise favourites) and a decent remix with the usual in-depth liner notes from Concord really should be a big event. I would hope if it did well similar could be done with their live collaborations.

4. I'll second that, Nick.

I have particularly fond memories of Sinatra-Basie as my parents had the EP (Vol 1) in their collection and, as a child, I used to drum along to the four tracks, much to the consternation of the neighbours. Understandable, really. Sadly, I was not a budding Irv Cottler or Sonny Payne!

Some of my favorites too Nick. They picked 2 great albums and I can't wait to see what they do with them.
    Joe

Excellent news, Nancy! Concord keeps giving us new releases to look forward to.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Now this is really great news! A homerun for Concord! Maybe every 3 months a news Concord release....?
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

8. Brilliant idea, can not wait. I've been wanting this to happen for a long time!

Great news. Hope we can find a bonus track there, too...

Can't wait.....
    - Terry

"Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race".

Wow, this is great news! Maybe "Q" can contribute some new thoughts to the liner notes...

Wonderful News!

Now...if they can only find some Sinatra-Basie "buried treasure" in those mysterious vaults! Some alternate takes, perhaps! We can dream, can't we?
    Stanley

Have I mentioned how much I love hearing news like this?

To borrow a phrase from Pal Joey; "Wowwie wee wow wow."

Sinatra - Basie go together like love and marriage. A horse and carriage even.
    When You're Here, It's Family
    Twitter: @GijLyons

I'm waiting for the reissues of "Cycles" and "Watertown".... maybe Concord will do it some day.
    "How long I been on ...?"

16. This is exciting. I'm curious to see what the album cover will be like.

I'm looking forward to this one. Concord did a great job distilling the Sinatra/Jobim sessions.
    - Michael Rose

You are "right on!", Michael, regarding the 'Sinatra-Jobim Sessions.' Concord really seems to have their act together, and "quality" appears to be a very important word in their vocabulary! I look forward to all of their Sinatra 'projects' with great anticipation!
    Stanley

I hate to wish summer away when it hasn't even started, but I can't wait until September now!!!
    Ben

20. Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Tentative release date - September 2011
    Actual release date has been set: September 6, 2011.

Concord Records catalog no. will be CRE-33152 (UPC# 888072331525).

Bob in Boston