Thread: Franks favorite food.

Franks favorite food.

I Posted this a while back, Nancy never replied, I know Shes busy, but im here to get information on my hero, if anybody knows, please answer this. Thanks, Victor.

Dinner with Frank

Hi! "The Way You Wear Your Hat" by Bill Zehme and "My Father's Daughter" by Tina Sinatra offer lots of info about Frank's favorite foods. According to Tina, he loved Nancy Sr.'s eggplant parmigiana; Zehme says he also really enjoyed a certain Chinese-American dish from a restaurant in either L.A. or New York (I'm blanking out at the moment...I haven't had my coffee yet!). Anyway, both of these books are available in paperback and are full of the endearing details that Frank fans crave.

Originally posted by Finbo
    ...Chinese-American dish from a restaurant in either LA or New York...
    Are you thinking of the chicken chow mein from Jilly's in New York?

Chicken Chow Mein

Yeah, that's it! Thanks.

TexasRugger Guest

Sinatra's favorite food

I just made a recipe that was supposedly Frank's favorite tomatoe sauce for pasta. I love to cook (another of my many hobbies) but I'm usually not much of a tomato based sauce fan. However, I tried the recipe, which is really quite simple and I must say it was great. The basic recipe is

Warm some olive oil (the good extra virgin stuff) and brown 4 garlic cloves in it. Puncture the garlic cloves first with a fork to release their flavor. Cook until the garlic begin to brown, but not much longer (nothing worse than the bitter taste of burnt garlic). Remove the garlic and the oil, keeing the oil.

In a food processor, chop some plum (Roma) tomatoes for a good four seconds. Personally, I first boil the tomatoes for a few minutes and then run them under cold water- this helps to peel the skins off. Then put them in a processor.

Once chopped, return the chopped tomatoes to the frying pan, adding the garlic infused olive oil. Add fresh basil and oregano, season with salt and pepper and that's it. I served it over angel hair pasta and added some more fresh olive oil on top and some fresh (not the canned stuff) parmesean cheese. I also made some ground pork meetballs with pine nuts, but you don't have to do that...

Of course, I really don't know if Frank ever had this dish or not, but supposedly he loved this sauce. Either way, its great! Happy eating!

Steve

Thumbs up Patsy's Cookbook

I recently obtained a copy of Sal J. Scognamillo’s book: Patsy’s Cookbook – Classic Italian Recipes from a New York City Landmark Restaurant. There he provides the recipes for some of Frank’s favorite dishes including: Frank’s Clams Posillipo and Frank’s Veal Cutlets Milanese. I’ve tried several of these and they are fantastic. The book is jam packed with great recipes that are easy to prepare. As a bonus the foreword is by Nancy!

You can check out Patsy's at: http://www.patsys.com

How can a free people make decisions without facts? -- Frank Sinatra - Feb '63