Music: Harry Sukman
    Director of Photography: Otto Heller

Cast
    Frank Sinatra: Sam Laker
    Peter Vaughan: Slattery
    Derren Nesbitt: Colonel Hartmann
    Nadia Gray: Karen
    Toby Robins: Ruth

(Notes transcribed from Nancy Sinatra's "Frank Sinatra: An American Legend")

sat thru it

i'm glad i'm a big sinatra fan, i needed it for this movie. i sat thru this rather flat movie, but again it's always good to see sinatra in anything. i can't help but be bias on "the naked runner" i give it two thumbs-up. thank you, joe.....

As most of us know, Frank's personal life interfered with the completion of this film and it shows. Even as a Sinatra fan, I think this is one of the dullest films I have ever seen.

I recently rewatched this movie, it struck me one reason that this movie was difficult to get through was that all the other performances (Peter Vaughn & Derren Nesbitt, most of the time)were paper thin next to Sinatra's. Even with this difficult script, unnerving editing and abrupt ending, Mr. Sinatra's screen presence at this period of time (1967) overwhelmed the rest of the cast.

Peace, Dean
    Support Live Music

Maybe my memories are a little rose colored, but I only saw this movie once years ago, and I seem to remember it being at least pretty good IMO. The posts I've read in this thread and elsewhere on the Forum have me wondering if I saw it again that I would also think it is as bad as some people think it is.

Totally agree with Dean

It`s a hard going film I agee, but the acting of FS shines.
    Have it on tape and warch it often
    Sarah.

I like this film and the scenes of Frank Sinatra in London

The Naked Runner 1967

This was not a great movie, story line I thought was lousey, and due to Franks personal problems he sort of walked thru it. He sure looked Great Thou!!!! FAS:

Originally posted by Tim Cunningham
    I like this film and the scenes of Frank Sinatra in London
    Yes, very cool... however he ending of this feel never sat right with me?
    I can't remember ever reading what Frank thought of this film once he saw the finished article, but it kind of just ran out of
    ideas in the end in my opinion.
    Best regards, Matt

The Films Ending

Laker does not even get a on screen re-union with his son who is waiting in Hartman's car.
    And one part does not make any sense.Having used a civilian gunman rather than any know agents for the mission,why does the British Secret Service send Two of their own men to retreive Laker?

Re: The Films Ending

Originally posted by Tim Cunningham
    Laker does not even get a on screen re-union with his son who is waiting in Hartman's car.
    And one part does not make any sense.Having used a civilian gunman rather than any know agents for the mission,why does the British Secret Service send Two of their own men to retreive Laker?
    Exactly right!
    Very odd....
    Best regards, Matt

Is This Movie Available on dvd/vhs?

Hi!
    I will have to do a search to see if I can find a copy of this film. I've never seen it or heard of it until I came to this forum. I really like Frank during this period (late '60s). I know he is rather sad sometimes, but this brought a poingancy to his music and movie performances that I find terribly touching and real.

If anyone knows where I might find a copy (I will try Ebay) I would be grateful for the lead.

Grazie mille!

Ciao,
    April

One of the Best Reviews I've Read On The Naked Runner...

I just wish it would hurry onto DVD, because I am quite fond of it.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/426/426286p1.html

I have to admit a certain fondness for this film, okay it's plot is a bit derivative and far from up to par with the Terrence Young/Sidney Pollack type political skulldugery films it's often unfairly rated against, (Furie's own earlier "The Ipcress File" being cited often in comparison) yet it's directed with atmospheric vigour that Sid Furie in a very downbeat 60s British cinematic style.

It's a product of it's time, yes, completely, but repeated viewing helps one appreciate just how natural (and in someways very modern) an actor Sinatra was in these types of roles. (as opposed to some of his more popular films that play up the Pal Joey/Come Blow Your Horn type screen persona, which I personally feel have unfairly tainted the critical opinion of Frank on screen for many observers)
    Last edited by Marty; 07-14-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    oculis coniventibus facile est vivere

<<I have to admit a certain fondness for this film >>

Me too

The Premise

If I remember correctly, the premise of the film - the bad guys kidnapping Sinatra's son to force him to be the assassin - makes no sense. There are assassins in the world who will kill for pay. Why add the complication of trying to force someone to do it who does not want to, especially going so far as to kidnap a family member?

"The Naked Runner"

Can be seen on UK TCM at 5.00 pm on 28th May.

I finally found a good priced VHS copy on EBAY...It is a costly VHS as I don't know if it is on DVD, and I don't think they made many VHS copies...I'm going to watch it in the next couple of days..This is the ONLY Sinatra movie I have yet to see...I've give my review after I watch it.
    Amy

It wasn't one of my favourites

I dont like the film either,because of the weak constructed plot.