After years in development, the Frank Sinatra Discography
is now online at the Sinatra Family website! The discography is provided as a tool for both Frank Sinatra research and casual browsing. As such, the discography is accessible two ways:
Frank Sinatra Discography: Album Covers
– Displays album covers within each of Frank's four career stages. This is a great introduction to Frank’s vast body of work.
Frank Sinatra Discography: Album List
– Displays album listings with options to search, sort, and filter the albums. Researchers will appreciate the high level of functionality provided by this page.
ADDED June 20, 2011:
Frank Sinatra Discography: Singles List
– This page operates in much the same way as the Album List to allow users the option to search, sort, and filter Frank Sinatra's hundreds of singles.
Frank Sinatra Discography: Single Sleeves
– This page highlights the beautiful picture sleeve artwork found on Frank Sinatra singles issued around the world.
ADDED September 16, 2011:
Frank Sinatra Discography: V-Disc Tracks
– During World War II, top performers were asked to create Victory Disc (V-Disc) recordings to boost troop morale. This page lists the many V-Disc recordings of Frank Sinatra.
ADDED December 5, 2011:
Frank Sinatra Discography: Radio Transcriptions
– Frank Sinatra's radio performaces included appearances with famous big bands such as Harry James and Tommy Dorsey, celebrities like Bob Hope and Jack Benny, and his own Frank Sinatra radio shows. This page illustrates the enormous impact Frank Sinatra had on radio.
ADDED February 24, 2012:
Frank Sinatra Discography: EP Sleeves
– Displays extended play (EP) sleeves within each of Frank's four career stages. Similar in layout to the Album Cover page, this is a wonderful introduction to Frank’s vast body of work.
Frank Sinatra Discography: EP List
– Displays extended play (EP) listings with options to search, sort, and filter the albums. Researchers will appreciate the high level of functionality provided by this page.
The Frank Sinatra Discography
pages were unveiled one week ago and have received numerous positive comments in the Sinatra Family Forum
. The excitement over these pages is best summed up by Nancy Sinatra: “This is a dream come true and I wish Dad were here to see it. He'd be thrilled.”
Montegrappa Pays Tribute To The Legendary Frank Sinatra
LOS ANGELES (MARCH 22, 2011) - Montegrappa, Italy’s most revered manufacturer of fine writing instruments, today announced the debut of several new commemorative pens honoring Frank Sinatra during Baselworld, the world's largest and most important event in the watch and jewelry sector held annually in Basel, Switzerland, this year from March 24 to March 31. The pens will be part of Montegrappa’s popular “Icons” series of writing instruments, which pays tribute to global cultural icons, who have achieved greatness in a variety of fields, including music, movies and sports. Previously released pens in the “Icons” series have honored Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee.
To pay tribute to Frank Sinatra, Montegrappa has fashioned pens that, from cap to tip, are imbued with several distinctive elements that signify Sinatra’s remarkable life and career. At the working end, the tip of each pen bears a musical staff and a G-clef. The barrels and caps of each pen are finished to resemble the fabric of a sharp pin-striped suit, while the ends of each cap are engraved with the fedora logo used today by Frank Sinatra Enterprises to identify authorized Sinatra items and suggestive of the signature style of hat that Sinatra wore and made famous. The fountain pen models in the series have blue accents in a nod to “Ol’ Blue Eyes,” while the roller ball models bear orange accents reflective of Sinatra’s favorite color. The pocket clips for each pen are carved in the shape of a classic microphone.
Montegrappa will issue the following models of Frank Sinatra-themed pens: 1,915 fountain pens and 1,915 roller balls, each in resin with silver trim, to honor the year Frank Sinatra was born (1915); an additional 12 fountain pens and 12 roller balls, each in resin with solid 18K gold trim, to denote Sinatra’s birthday on December 12th; and finally, 5 roller balls and 13 fountain pens, each with solid 18K gold trim and overlaid barrel, to recognize the date that the United States Congress designated “Frank Sinatra Day” in honor of his significant contributions to American culture. The Sinatra writing instruments collection will be sold to boutiques and approved Montegrappa dealers.
For more information about Montegrappa and to preview the company’s new luxury offerings, please contact Amanda Bialek at email@example.com
or (310) 854-8151. Attendees to Baselworld may also visit the Montegrappa booth located in Hall 4.1 (Hall of Inspirations), Booth #A19.
Nancy Sinatra’s recording of “Sand” with Lee Hazlewood is featured in Faraway: The Movie, Starring Kate Moss and Directed by Alasdair McLellan with Creative Direction by Lee Swillingham. View the movie at longchamp.com