JOIN SINATRA FAMILY ESTATES ABOARD THE NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN ON AUGUST 21, 2010
FEATURING SINATRA FAMILY ESTATES 2007 “COME FLY WITH ME,” NAPA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON AND 2008 “LA VOCE,” NEWLY RELEASED TUSCAN BLEND
NAPA, CA – On August 21, 2010, Napa Valley Wine Train, a 36-mile roundtrip ride through the heart of Napa Valley, will host a magical evening with Sinatra Family Estates. Featuring the award-winning 2007 “Come Fly With Me” Cabernet Sauvignon, and the soon-to-be released 2008 Tuscan blend “La Voce,” the evening will be attended by Nancy Sinatra and Amanda Erlinger, Sinatra’s granddaughter.
As one of the most unique and best Napa restaurants, Napa Valley Wine Train Executive Chef Kelly Macdonald and Wine Director Ryan Graham will prepare an exquisite menu of all Sinatra’s favorites highlighted by the amazing wines. For reservations, please call (800) 427-4124 or visit http://winetrain.com/sinatra-dinner.
Since its debut last fall, “Come Fly With Me,” a limited-production Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon has received high praise for its “beautiful notes.” A fitting tribute to an American icon, and one of the most recognizable and admired artists of the 20th and 21st centuries, “Come Fly With Me” is “full-bodied, opulent, and seriously-endowed” (Wine Advocate). In addition, Sinatra Family Estates received accolades as one of the top scoring Napa Valley Cabernets of the 2007 vintage.
Beginning in September, Sinatra Family Estates newest vintage, the 2008 “La Voce,” will be available. A super Tuscan-style blend of Sangiovese and Colorino, two local grape varietals, produced from 3-hectare vineyard located in the hills of Fiesole, Italy, the wine is silky and smooth, with elegant tannins. (http://www.sinatrafamilyestates.com/thewine.php)
Privately held, Sinatra Family Estates is a collaboration between the family of legendary Frank Sinatra, Frank Sinatra Enterprises, and partner Danielle Price (Executive Director of Wine for Wynn Resorts and owner of Coup de Foudre Winery) and John Schwartz (owner of Amuse Bouche Winery, Napa Valley).
For further information, please contact Melodie Hilton at Napa Valley Wine Train at (707) 251-2510 / email@example.com or Lellie Capwell at Sacks & Co. (for Frank Sinatra Enterprises) at (818) 384-1180 / Lellie@sacksco.com
Frank Sinatra Sinatra at the Sands on Numbered Limited-Edition 180g 2LP Set from Mobile Fidelity
- Sinatra's 1966 Live Album With Count Basie and Quincy Jones as Good as Music, Performance, and Chemistry Get
- Half-Speed Mastered from the Original 2-Track Analog Master Tapes for Breathtaking Sound
- Audiophiles Will Be in the Copa Room With Sinatra Standing in Front of Them
Frank Sinatra. Count Basie. Quincy Jones. Las Vegas. Combinations and circumstances don’t get any better. And by every measure, Sinatra at the Sands is as good as music gets. Comprised of live material recorded at five nights in early 1966 at the famed Copa Room, Ol’ Blue Eyes’ 21-song album stands as one of his pinnacle achievements, the results a blend of superb chemistry, sparkling arrangements, infallible singing, and contagious energy. As part of its continuing series of essential Sinatra recordings, Mobile Fidelity is proud to offer the record in the most definitive-sounding edition available. Listeners will be transported to a table close to the stage, with the image of a tuxedo-clad Sinatra unfolding right in front of them.
By 1966, Sinatra had conquered the world. His tenure as a teen idol and maturing crooner behind him, he was confident, assured, focused, and quite simply, untouchable. Music’s top arrangers and composers came to him, knowing the magic that he’d bring to their labors of love. It’s for these reasons that Count Basie and his orchestra backs Sinatra here, and why Jones, in demand by everyone, chooses instead to lend his arrangement insights onstage at the Sands. Indeed, Sinatra at the Sands harkens back to the day’s when concerts were a true event, and the album is nothing short that promise. This is a happening you won’t want to miss.
Containing many of Sinatra’s most well-known and celebrated performances -- “I’ve Got a Crush on You,” “Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)” among them -- Sinatra at the Sands finds the entertainer in immaculate voice. He improvises lines with effortless and ease, casually adorns lyrics with hidden rhythms, stretches notes to instill meaning and emotion, and utilizes his impeccable knack for phrasing to turn a line and beget instrumental responses that complement each song’s mood. Meanwhile, Basie and Co. swing on uptempo numbers and lay back on melancholy tunes that still bring a tear to the eye.
Warner Bros. executive Stan Cornyn, writing about these very shows, observed that, doing more than sing, “Sinatra turns actor. The man whose broad’s left him with some other guy and all of the loot…And there is silence about, for this audience is watching a man become that last lucked-out guy at the bar, the last one, with no where to go but sympathy city.” And so it goes, Sinatra proving it’s the singer and the song, demonstrating a seemingly unlimited range as he transports you to saloons, romantic parks, lonely streets, and bustling cities. Everything—the pacing, structure, passion, interpretation—is perfect.
Mobile Fidelity has half-speed mastered this exquisite analog set from the original analog master tapes, originally recorded by engineer Lowell Frank. Clear, big, and sumptuous, Sinatra at the Sands now resonates with previously unheard details, transparency, imaging, projection, smoothness, and dimensionality. Capturing a human voice remains the most difficult recording task. Suffice it to say that this 2LP set will join the ranks of the very best recordings you own.
Frank Sinatra Sinatra at the Sands Track Listing:
1. "Come Fly with Me" (Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn) – 3:45
2. "I've Got a Crush on You" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 2:42
3. "I've Got You Under My Skin" (Cole Porter) – 3:43
4. "The Shadow of Your Smile" (Johnny Mandel, Paul Francis Webster) – 2:31
5. "Street of Dreams" (Victor Young, Samuel Lewis) – 2:16
6. "One for My Baby" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) – 4:40
7. "Fly Me to the Moon" (Bart Howard) – 2:50
8. "One O'Clock Jump" (Instrumental) (Count Basie) – 0:53
9. "The Tea Break" (Sinatra Monologue) – 11:48
10. "You Make Me Feel So Young" (Josef Myrow, Mack Gordon) – 3:21
11. "All of Me" (Instrumental) (Gerald Marks, Seymour Simons) – 2:56
12. "The September of My Years" (Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn) – 2:57
13. "Get Me to the Church on Time" (Frederick Loewe, Alan Jay Lerner) – 2:22
14. "It Was a Very Good Year" (Ervin Drake) – 4:01
15. "Don't Worry 'Bout Me" (Rube Bloom, Ted Koehler) – 3:18
16. "Makin' Whoopee" (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) – 4:24
17. "Where or When" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 2:46
18. "Angel Eyes" (Earl Brent, Matt Dennis) – 3:26
19. "My Kind of Town" (Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn) – 3:04
20. "A Few Last Words" (Sinatra Monologue) – 2:30
21. "My Kind of Town" (Reprise) – 1:00