Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NANCY IN LONDON (1966)

1. This is my FAVORITE Nancy album cover! It's striking how much AJ looks like her mom in this picture.
    BONX!

2. Of course, it goes without saying that I love the album's music too!
    BONX!

Chuck, As I've stated here before, the photo of Nancy on the back of the album is so beautiful. Profile shot and just so natural. I would love to see some of the photos that didn't make it to the album from that photo shoot. I know some are included in the Sundazed reissue of the album.
    To my little fur baby Sushi, If love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever...

I think my favorite song from Nancy In London is "The More I See You." I also love all of the bonus tracks, especially listening to "Tony Rome" followed by "Life's A Trippy Thing."
    Ray

Yup!! Great album cover and the songs are some of my favorite! Of Nancy's 60's albums, I would have to say that this IS my absolute favorite. Step Aside, Shades, Hutchinson Jail, This Little Bird...oh my gosh! Just a collection of great songs!

Wink

I agree...add to the list of songs...On Broadway, Wishin" & Hopin" and You Can't Grow Peaches on a Cherry Tree.
    "How Does That Grab You?"

7. I realize "If he'd love me" was from the Boots album, but when I hear it, it sounds to me like it has British undertones. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

No, John, you are not over thinking, it's just that the music is TIMELESS.
    To my little fur baby Sushi, If love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever...

Nancy in London

Nancy I found this photo on a London Street site, do you remember it?

10. Of course I do, Bren. It's part of the Nancy in London photo shoot. Notice the John Lennon cap.

[merged]

Powis Square is not that far from where I lived as a child and yes I did notice the John Lennon cap, my favourite Beatle x

I'm playing this CD this morning in honor of Nancy's birthday. I had forgotten just how great the entire project sounds.
    Mike

Press On....

My best friend who I don't get to see very often wrote me just now that she is enjoying this album so much! I hadn't even mentioned it to her when she wrote me, "You know, she doesn't get the accolades she deserves in my book." I am just so happy to read such wonderfulness. This is her here: http://thechalkboardmag.com/julia-fr...-bissou-top-10
    I know what vinyl I'll be sharing with her when I am back in Pennsylvania.