Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Rosemary Clooney

Nice picture, I played recently Bing Crosby live from the London Palladium, think its from 1975 or 76 and features long medleys with Rosemary Clooney.

2. Great picture, Kathy. Beautiful car.

3. It's great to see the result of such dedicated enthusiasm, Kathy. Thanks for sharing the pic and info.

And Nick: I was at one of the concerts in 1976 when they went on the road... these days there are usually one (or even two) support acts before the main star appears. Not Bing, though. He was first out. Memorable show. And Ms Clooney's version of A Song for You is very good from that album.

Glad you like the photo.

Here's the video I did of the dedication. It's neat to hear her daughter Monsita talking about going grocery shopping with her Mama - the girl singer who was also just Mama to five kids and apparently a ton of surrogate kids too.

Source: YouTube

Kathy
    "When... the angels ask me to recall the thrill of them all... then I will tell them I remember you"

What a lovely video, thanks Kathy for sharing it with us it's a good job it didn't rain and wash the phone number off the dusty bonnet.
    Matt Monro, Margaret Whiting and Frank Sinatra did it their way.......three GREAT singers.

Thanks for the video and photo, Kathy. Looked like it was a fun dedication.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Have any of the Ohio folks been to see the show about Rosemary? I wish I could see "Tenderly". It sounds fabulous. What a great tribute to an amazing singer.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/buchers...ife-celebrated

The webpage also has a nice little interview with her brother, Nick Clooney.
    Leigh Ann

Rosemary singing "The Singer"

I thought you all might enjoy watching this video of Rosemary paying tribute to Frank. This was from the 2001 MAC Awards when she was given the Lifetime Achievement Award. She received her lung cancer diagnosis later that year. She begins by singing the song that her drummer Joe Cocuzzo and Vinnie Falcone wrote. I think this song has been talked about here before, it's the one whose lyrics were first written as a poem by Joe wrote and then Rosemary's musical director, John Oddo, had Vinnie Falcone write the music. She really did love Frank!

I was fortunate enough to be in the front row at this performance.

Last edited by Ace917; 09-03-2013 at 04:57 AM.
    Kathy
    "When... the angels ask me to recall the thrill of them all... then I will tell them I remember you"

Wonderful Kathy ! Thank you !
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

Wow, that was beautiful. Thank you for the video, Kathy.
    George B.

Thanks Kathy, that was wonderful.
    Rhoda

And there used to be a ballpark right here.

Thank You, Kathy

Jayeff

Dante DiPaolo (1926 - 2013)

Not sure where to post this, but wanted y'all to know that I just got off the phone with Rosemary's daughter Monsita. She'd called to let me know that Rosemary's husband, Dante DiPaolo, passed away this morning. He was 87.

He'd been battling bouts of pneumonia all summer.

Dante adored Rosemary and was such a big part of her 2nd career. I loved watching him watch her - you could see the love he had for her in his eyes. No matter how much she "barked" at him he just said, "yes, dear."

He was the kindest most congenial man I've ever met.

I'm working on a tribute for him for her website. While most know him as her second husband and constant companion - he had a wonderful career as a dancer and actor before he joined the "Rose & Dante" show!

Arrangements are pending, though we know his ashes will join his mother and father at Hollywood Forever.
    Kathy

14. Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to read this news. I was hoping he'd make it to 100.

Very sad news. My condolences to both families.
    You can't have everything... where would you put it?
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to read this news. I was hoping he'd make it to 100.
    Me too Nancy. His mother lived to be 100 and I thought he would too.

Here's the video I put together of him with their friends and family. You'll probably recognize Nick and George Clooney, and Miguel Ferrer, and Rosemary Riddle, Harry Crosby, The Hopes, and I think Tony Bennett is in there too - the rest are various family members.

Last edited by Ace917; 09-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Kathy

Beautiful sweet faces that made my world a better place...

Thank you Kathy !
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

That was a very nice tribute, Kathy.
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

There is a campaign going on to determine which of five female legends will inspire the next mural in Cincinnati. I'd obviously love to see my beloved "girl singer" Rosemary Clooney win this, but I need some help from lovers of good music. The Cincinnati Reds are backing Dorothy Karmenshek (inspired League Of Their Own) and have moved Rosie out of first spot. If any of you Sinatra fans are so inclined, please vote and share on your social media pages. You can vote once today, and once tomorrow (up until midnight)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ente...ural/82248122/

Thank you (I doubt I can combat the big guns of a MLB team, but I'm going to try.)
    Last edited by rosiewebsite; 04-08-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Kathy