Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinatra: An American Original (1965)

Smile Thanks Bernhard

It seems that BVO35 came through for us, he can go back in his box now.
    As Russkish mentioned the LIFE article in this thread i'll leave the photograph pending anything I can find that better illustrates.

Thanks again.
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

Question Re: Sinatra, An American Original (1965)

Marty, I am confused - before this thread is bumped somewhere else - please explain - are you saying this is now commercially available?

If so, I would love to buy a copy and to see this. I have long heard about it but never seen it. 'A Very Good Year' is one of my very favourite tracks and I would love to watch it being recorded and to see the entire interview. How come you and the others here have, I presume recently, seen it?
    Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

As far as I know, it's not on official commercial release in Europe, I had only seen snippets in the past but was delighted to find it very recently among Yvonne's videotapes from a selection of Sinatra material shown as a tribute on the Franco-German TV network ARTE a couple of years back. The "September" sessions are something worth preserving alone, and a release would be most welcome.

Love this book

Cami , I received that book for a Mother's Day present. The photos are terrific. Wish I knew how to put them on the forum. My thoughtful bought it for me.
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Thumbs up TV Thread

Thanks Adam.

Just a small bump, to supply a link to the thread for the commercial release (in the US; I'm not sure about Europe):

Sinatra: Off The Record (VHS) 1998

Anniversary bump: November 16th, 1965

Frank Sinatra on CBS 1965

Hi, I know Frank did a documentary on his life for CBS. The cameras follwed him around and were even filming him during a concert he did with the rest of the Rat Pack and with Johnny Carson in St.Louis for a fundraiser. I have the DVD of this concert, but I was wondering what happened to the documentary CBS was shooting. Has this documentary ever been showed after 1965?

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Has this documentary ever been showed after 1965?
    Yes, on TV and VHS tape (not DVD). See these threads in the Frank on TV forum:

The St. Louis concert is here:

10. Smile Frank: Off the Record

Just dusted off my VHS tape of this show and watched it.

Love it!

I get chills when he records "It Was A Very Good Year".

Which happens to be my all time fave song.

He records it effortlessly!

Amazing.
    Being good isn't always easy, No matter how hard I try

An American Original (1965)

Just saw a snippet of this production, made with Walter Cronkite, on Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood. They showed Sinatra recording It Was a Very Good Year. I'm always blown away with every sound and move he makes. Frank Sinatra ALWAYS finds me, even in the deep, deep blue. Thank you dear spirit!
    Tricia

Love IS all there is

12. Bumping for the new release of this program for the Sinatra centennial, available for the first time on DVD:

> Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All (Deluxe Edition)

Bob.

Wow. Just saw this piece on the tube, and it's great. Bob, says its on a dvd [which I probably have and I say I must have skipped] and will look for it.
    And, Nancy. As always, so cute in this piece, speaking about "Daddy." Bless you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THof7ogMfE8
    Michael