Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160
Results 3,181 to 3,199 of 3199

Thread: Favorite Frank Sinatra song of the moment?

I just heard I Don't Know Why on Siriusly Sinatra and I was reminded how lovely it is. Axel Stordahl's arrangement is so gentle and understated and Frank's vocal is just sublime.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Eilie Wiesel

Right now, it's "The House I Live In." I remember seeing Frankie at Ocean Grove some years back doing a Sinatra Sings Sinatra performance. His segue into this song was touching.
    Out of the tree of life, I just picked me a plum

Both fabulous versions of "Try A Little Tenderness!" As beautiful as it gets, compliments of Frank, Axel, & Nelson!
    Stanley

Summer Wind - in memory of my best friend’s Dad who he lost this week. It was his favourite.
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

That Great Come and Get It Day

A rarely heard gem from the absolute peak of Sinatra and Riddle at Capitol. Shame nothing came of Frank's work on the Finian's Rainbow production (Thanks Joseph McCarthy). Frank recorded some great numbers on that one, and this one is absolutely swinging. Nelson Riddle was just a magician when it came to arrangements. Oh well, luckily there's the Sinatra in Hollywood boxset that collects a lot of the tougher to get soundtrack cuts.

“Pretty Colors”
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

"You And Me (We Wanted It All)" from the Trilogy LP, FS introduced it at a concert I attended in 1978 in Providence RI. (The Civic Center at that time...)
    A glorious song from Carole Bayer Sager and the late Peter Allen.
    When You're Here, It's Family
    www.reverbnation.com/Soundslikefrank/songs

Witchcraft.

If You Go Away
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

All the Way

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    If You Go Away
    Such a sad song Keith, brought me to tears, thinking of you, take care.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

“Stella By Starlight”
    Beautiful intro...

13. Have always loved "For Once in My Life". Even like Sammy's version.
    Morgan

”It Had To Be You”
    (1979)

“Close To You” this song has been chosen for the opening page, for the passing of forum member Brooklyn Babe, Nancy Ann, I’d forgotten what a beautiful song this is.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

16. Having just heard this on Sid Mark’s show yesterday, I was about to mention “Forget to Remember,” but I forgot my earlier post in this thread. Then I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    This is one B-side single I never forget to remember. So sad and beautiful.

Source: YouTube

—> Forget To Remember, a song by Frank Sinatra on Spotify
    —> Ultimate Sinatra: The Centennial Collection by Frank Sinatra on Spotify

A video version of this rare Sinatra performance was in the 1969 TV program:
    —> SINATRA featuring Don Costa and His Orchestra

(Click DVD cover images)

See also this thread: Forget To Remember-lost classic? —> Re: One of his best
    Bob.

Unquestionably, my very favorite "category!" No matter what we do during the day, we're always thinking of Frank, and basking in the glow of his musical legacy. I have a calendar in the office, there's a note inscribed at the bottom of that day -- "what's my favorite song of the moment?" From there, I can be a "Robert In Boston (actually no one can be a "Robert In Boston," except 'Mr. All Things Sinatra,' himself!)," get on Sonos or whatever the correct terminology is, and play my favorite song/recording/etc.

After the all night rain, and vain attempts to walk the dog thru those queen-sized raindrops, my fave has to be Mr. Berlin's "Fella With An Umbrella!" At least the crazy temp has broken, but the field is probably water-logged, and I assume that today's game will be cancelled. I'll know by 1PM. Another lost game that can never be "made up!" Oh, well...
    Stanley

"Softly as I leave you" is my favorite of the moment. Of course, as you all know, it changes with your mood. I think I was about 4 years old when this record was released but like all Frank Sinatra songs, is timeless.