Thread: What do your friends and acquaintances say?

What do your friends and acquaintances say?

I don't know about everyone, but myself, I've experiance some flack and insults for my current case of Sinatritis (I can't think of a corny term that I can carve out for use right now. Bear with me).

I have a few friends who enjoy Sinatra very much and yet they feel that I've gone somewhat overboard with Frank...

Other freinds just can't belive i bother with Sinatra or his style of Singers at all.

Even members of my family give me queer glances once in a while, and I think they are about ready to toarch my CD collection should they hear his magnificent voice creep out of my CD player anytime soon.

Well, that last staement is an overexageration, but they still feel that all I know, as far as music goes, is Sinatra.

Anyone in the same boat?
    Last edited by Ace917; 12-29-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Typos in title

Yup

Yeah, it gets that way some times. Like today, I'm walking around thinking about Frank's death, and my MOm's like "Oh come on, you didn't even like him when he was alive, why like him now?!" ahh that motherly compassion, right?!
    But I know how you feel.

Katie

when at the gym one evening last week
    one of my "aquantice's" from a class was complaing how standards had fallen in the healt club,
    "even the music is awful" she said
    i replied " that's right the middle of the road stuff has gone
    they don't play frank sinatra anymore"

she said "i don't mind that i hate him," i was absolutely
    dumbstruck.
    lost in the stars

Post What do your friends and acquaintances say ?

Good morning from The American Midwest-USA:

{{OOOOOPPPPSS!!! I NEVER REALIZED THIS WAS THE TEEN CLUB PRIVATE SUBJECT THINGY.....ANOTHER SENIOR MOMENT AND THERE ARE TOO MANY THESE DAYS.....I'M SORRY.....}}}

This is a tough one for me because I can't find a way to be polite and diplomatic about people and their taste in music...

I'll just say this and maybe I will be able to say someother things later...

Everyonce in a while someone finds one of my golfballs either out of the lakes streams or out of bounds or heather, etc...and I always take a felt tip pen and put FAS on them and the first thing folks say is what does FAS stand for......well that's when I start to lose it.....

I'm stuck....it's in my head but I just can't seem to type it out.....all I can say is that it's just really sparce here in a remote outpost in The American Midwest..

I will add this.....a few years ago we had tickets for FRANKIE JR to sing in FT. WAYNE, INDIANA and sure enough we were told the show was cancelled because they only had about 150 tickets sold for a 600 seat venue......we had hotel reservations and everything ....all down the tubes.....I still have the tickets, though....

I guess it's just so easy to go with the flow or whatever....

Now, gang I've tried to be nice and I hope I haven't said anything wrong....If I have I apologize....

Hope you all had a nice breakfast in your respective time zones.....
    Respectfully,
    The journey's long, much longer that I reckoned, in any throng, I'd know her in a second......

oops! did not realise i was in the teen club
    lost in the stars

6. I like a whole bunch of different music, and most of my colleagues know and respect that. They actually find it quite interesting. I can honestly say I can't even recall one time when I was in a situation where I was an "outcast" (if that's the right term) for liking Frank's music. I've got mostly all of his officially available material with the exception of a few things from the Columbia and Capitol years. Now I don't know how many of my friends know that. But I also happen to like Disco, Alternative Rock, Funk and some R&B, and probably even more than that.

Rap is too much for me to bear though. I mean I respect the individuals who make that music, but it just isn't my cup of tea. I actually find some of it quite comical. Rap and R&B is the music of our generation and I can tolerate that, just like how people who don't like Frank can tolerate him.
    James DeFrances

Some of my uni mates are into Frank. It's good to take in all types of music. I find country music really hard to get into, but I do listen to some of the stuff on the edge of country. I don't really like hearing about another dog death.

Rap's OK, and I'm well into it. I have a friend who does stuff with decks and he samples songs. He asked me to help him find a Frank sample to use, only for home use. So, I think Frank's looked on as kinda cool.

Lee - 10-teen years old.
    ..... Leanne

Country

I really like Country music. I think it's because a lot of the songs remind me of Frank's songs. I mean, come on, how could anyone say that the song "One for my baby (and one more for the road)" couldn't be a country song. It's cool country! There's one guy, Brooks Atwood, and he has a song that I think Frank would have sang called, "Gone to Pieces." But yeah, if you really listen to country, you can hear the Frank stuff in it. It's just a different accent!
    Katie

people like to laugh, but then I'll make them watch one of his movies or sneak one of his songs on a cd i make them (cuz they don't know what he looks like or sounds like, so why should they judge?) and most of them ask who he is, so I convert them.

Bump

In 28 years, I finally found someone who doesn't care for music. And unfortunately, they were at my house over Christmas. And I'm still a bit shocked and disgusted that I had to explain why it (music) matters, and how important it is.

To each his own, of course. But I just cant imagine a day without a song..

Anybody else ever dealt with such?
    Don't go through life. Grow through life.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    In 28 years, I finally found someone who doesn't care for music.
    They walk among us...

let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    In 28 years, I finally found someone who doesn't care for music.
    Anybody else ever dealt with such?
    Actually, yes! When I was in hs I knew a friend of a friend who simply didn't like music. At all.

But when you think about it, these people would make great neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    They walk among us...

Well they won't dance, don't ask 'em
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

14. Quote Originally Posted by ;340245
    I don't know about everyone, but myself, I've experiance some flack and insults for my current case of Sinatritis (I can't think of a corny term that I can carve out for use right now. Bear with me).

I have a few friends who enjoy Sinatra very much and yet they feel that I've gone somewhat overboard with Frank...

Other freinds just can't belive i bother with Sinatra or his style of Singers at all.

Even members of my family give me queer glances once in a while, and I think they are about ready to toarch my CD collection should they hear his magnificent voice creep out of my CD player anytime soon.

Well, that last staement is an overexageration, but they still feel that all I know, as far as music goes, is Sinatra.

Anyone in the same boat?
    Is it possible to go overboard with Frank?
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

My friends have given me quite a few looks whenever I start playing Sinatra. My father has said to me, your grandmother doesn't even listen to this type of music. My one friend said to me, I played the Sinatra song that you suggested, I'm Not Afraid, and even his grandparents said, this is too old for us.

I was recently talking to a few girls from one of my classes, and one of them actually does listen to Sinatra, and as we were talking about the other girl just looked on as if we were speaking another language. People question the music, but hey, it's fun, it's exciting, it's romantic, and no, you can never go overboard.