Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What Time Is It?

1. Fall back tonight (2 a.m. Sunday) in the USA (except Hawaii and most of Arizona).

> Daylight Saving Time 2017 in the United States

Bob.

2. Springing ahead once again today. Where did the time go?

Bob.

3. A day late and a dollar short.

Bob.

4. I managed to set my clock(s) back on Saturday night only BECAUSE someone called and told me too. However, my body is still operating on Daylight Savings Time. I am always a early riser but yesterday and today I got up in the middle of the night.

I am getting too old for this.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

5. The future of Daylight Savings Time is on the ballot in California today. We'll have to see what happens.

That's interesting, Nancy. Is the proposal to keep Daylight Savings Time? That's the way I would prefer it. The early darkness in winter wreaks havoc with my mood and gives me no time to get anything done outdoors after work.
    Id rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Is the proposal to keep Daylight Savings Time?
    No. If I can jump in here... Current law allows the citizens to vote on whatever time system is submitted. The new proposal is to allow the state legislature to change the time system with a 2/3 vote, bypassing the citizens vote. Any change must be in accordance with federal law, of course.
    Pack a small bag....

8. Yep: Most of us in the US lost an hour’s sleep last night.

Bob.

9. I remembered to set my clock ahead but am missing that hour of sleep. Waiting for computer guy.

My favorite song.

I hope Ben Franklin is enjoying his little practical joke.
    Greg
    "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott

My body clock always gets out of sync when we change to Daylight Saving Time. I won’t sleep well for the next week or two.
    My vote would definitely go for keeping the extra daylight in the evening. Anyone have a preference for Standard time?
    Id rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra

12. I also prefer the extra hour of light in the evening. In today's world be it Standard Time or Daylight Saving Time IT IS STILL DARK WHEN THE CHILDREN GO TO SCHOOL.

My favorite song.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Skooz View Post
    I hope Ben Franklin is enjoying his little practical joke.
    Greg, the joke might actually be on Ben. Could it be that the peers of his day destroyed all paintings of him when he was young and vital? I've never seen such a painting. I imagine he may have resembled John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)