Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AS I REMEMBER IT

1. Frank Jr.'s As I Remember It was played in its entirety on Sirius/XM yesterday. I caught a good part of it while driving, and I'm listening again today at home. Fantastic renditions of his father's charts (it's often difficult to tell them apart), coupled with extended voice narrations of the history behind the recordings.

Highly recommended, if you can find a copy. Like most of Frankie's work, it does not deserve to be out of print: —> amzn.com/B000002SJ6

Bob.

Since I obtained this CD last year there hasn't been a time whilst listening to it that it hasn't brought me to tears. Now the tears flow even more!

Ron Della Chiesa has showcased "As I Remember It" more than a few times on his weekly radio program; it's amazing for the musical content and especially because of Frankie's first person narrative. I'm ordering from Amazon right now.
    When You're Here, It's Family
    www.reverbnation.com/Soundslikefrank/songs

4. Expect sticker shock, George. I posted the Amazon link just to illustrate the difficulty of obtaining the CD for a reasonable price today.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Since I obtained this CD last year there hasn't been a time whilst listening to it that it hasn't brought me to tears. Now the tears flow even more!
    Me too Lorraine, it's one of my most treasured CD's, so marvellously done, Frank Juniors' memories of times with his father and the way he interprets each song with so much compassion and thought, shows how much love and respect they had for the songs, the musicians and each other.
    Last edited by Tina...; 03-18-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Changed a word and then changed it back again.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

I consider myself lucky - Frankie gave me a copy of this when I was in LA for business - it's a treasure.

Listening to this album and thinking how lucky we are that this was recorded.
    Mike

Press On....

8. AIRI was most definitely a labor of love.

I miss my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    AIRI was most definitely a labor of love.

I miss my brother.
    During his "Sound Portrait" interview for The Paul Leslie Hour, Frankie discussed the genesis and recording of the As I Remember It CD. Here's a clip of Frankie's fascinating recollections.

Source: YouTube

The full interview can be heard here.
    Andrew

10. We all miss him, Nancy. But nothing like you. His love for his father is evident in AIRI.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.