Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Squirrels and Frank Sinatra-For Marty

. .

2. GeeBee

Great Squirrel pics! I did not realize how great these little creatures were until Marty brought them to our attention.
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"
    My email is: chadham6@msn.com

3. I missed Gail's snaps, Chad, yes they are, the American greys may not be as pretty as their redder European cousins but at the same time have a brashness about them around humanity which I find most agreeable.

In my old neck of the woods the aggressivity of the Americans has caused the natives to become protected and so seldom seen, the bigger, less shy greys don't seem to have crossed the English Channel though as all I see around here are the pretty little red ones (though gorgeous in comparison, to be honest I can find them a little aloof at times...and rather camera shy too)

4. Marty

We do not merely have the grey ones, at least not in Louisiana. Up at my parents property, they have red squirrels and a few pairs of blonde squirrels. I have pics of the blonde squirrels somewhere around here.
    chad
    "Come Home to NOLA"
    My email is: chadham6@msn.com

5. Red one on my nut sack

one of my little buddies taking advantage of my one concession to animal welfare this morning.

a tad blurred but these Europeans are rather skittish around humans compared to their New World cousins.

would she turn around?

ah! now there she is.

Jury-Rigged Telephoto

t

7. Marty,

I love your little red squirrel. I had no idea they were so brightly colored. Like me. I'm brash and brightly colored.
    Melanie
    She loves the theatre but never comes late That's why the Lady is a Tramp.

Yeah, great looking squirrel, Marty. I've never seen a red one before.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

They sure have funny looking license plates in Germany.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

10. Squirrels in my email.

I like it when I get the little buggers mailing me their pictures...

thanks George.

Those are hilarious!
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Thanks Marty, I'm sure no one else noticed this, but I did...If you look at the car in the back ground of the first set of squirrel pictures...it has a Honda badge on it. It's the exact same body and lights of an Acura TSX here in America. I know Honda makes Acura, but didn't know they just switched logos in different countries. Very interesting.
    ~Robert
    "I like the sunrise"

Squirrel Harp!
    When You're Here, It's Family
    Twitter: @GijLyons

14. The Squirrel Problem

[Seen on FacebookÖ]

The Squirrel problem: The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrel infestation. After much prayer and consideration, they concluded that the squirrels were predestined to be there, and they shouldnít interfere with Godís divine will.

At the Baptist church the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistery. The deacons met and decided to put a water-slide on the baptistery and let the squirrels drown themselves. The squirrels liked the slide and unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the following week.

The Lutheran church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of Godís creatures. So, they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church. Two weeks later the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down the water-slide.

But the Catholic church came up with a very creative strategy! They baptized all the squirrels and made them members of the church. Now they only see them at Christmas and Easter.

Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue. They took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They havenít seen a squirrel since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue. They took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They havenít seen a squirrel since.
    I should try that. The little buggers invade my yard in droves every fall thanks to my giant black walnut tree. I've seen a squirrel catapult someone made with a skeet thrower that looked interesting too.
    Iíd rather regret the things I did than the things I did not do. ~ Francis Albert Sinatra