Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members Please Read

1. Exclamation New Members Please Read

We here at Sinatraland in cyberspace are thrilled to welcome you all to our family. It is wonderful to see how many people are signing up to remember Frank.

There are two hard and fast rules here on our site:

1. We pledge to try to keep our cool and avoid flame-outs, even though we may passionately disagree and want to SCREAM at each other.

2. We pledge to promote only authorized products. No pirated or bootlegged stuff will be advertised here - EVER.

So, if you wish to promote a DVD, CD or VHS, and you are not sure if it is legal, please check with an administrator first BEFORE posting the information in the Forum or Guestbook.

Years ago, we promised Dad we would do this and we intend to keep our word, even if it means offending some who may not understand.

If you are curious about bootleggers and pirates, there are specific threads you can read. Just click the "search" button at the top of the page and search for Bootlegging or Bootleggers.

Thank you all very much for helping us keep the flame burning well into this century and, hopefully, the next.

Lightbulb

Hi Nancy..........I'm a new member.......This sounds like a friendly place to be. I never imagined that there were so many Sinatra enthusiasts...I am very happy to see that.....

Frank2
    Oh look at me now !

3. Welcome aboard.

A very warm welcome to you Frank2.

We hope you will stay a long time and post often.

Smile WELCOME

Hi Frank2, Welocme to the Sinatra Family site, look forward to your future posts.
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

5. Hello

Hello Frank2, and welcome to the forum!!

Adam
    Adam
    Be Aware & Don't Despair

Smile

Thank you for the advice, Nancy. I'm a newcomer to the Forum and enjoying it very much. It's nice to know that new members are so welcome.

Your advice has been noted and thank you for a wonderful site. It's a fabulous tribute to your father ...

welcome

Frank2..Our Family is really growing..Glad you became one of our family.

Irene

Smile More Frank

Hi Nancy, I realize I am not a new member, but I appreciate your rules. I just wish there were more posts about Frank so we could all know how we can share our memories of him, such as seeing him peform, and the the music that we really like. Your new game is a good start.

9. bumping up

Hi Nancy

Nancy,
    I'm a fairly new member to this site. I wanted to thank you for giving of your time to support this forum and for your input and remembrances. I love your Dad's music and enjoy singing along. Looking forward to conversing with you and the other fine people here.

Smile WELCOME

Hello Kingswing, Welcome to the best site on the web. I know you will enjoy all the great people here. We all have one interest in common, Francis Albert Sinatra. So keep on posting, and let us know what are your favorite songs of Mr. Sinatra, and when you became interested in his music.

Thanks!

Leatrice,Thanks for the welcome! Also, congrats on your 48th Anniversary!

Hi new members!!!!

I am a new member too! I really love this site I am learning so much about Frank and his music and his personal side too.
    The new friends I am making on this site are great I look forward to logging on!!!!
    I think Nancy is a very wonderful person to take the time to do this for her father. I am sure he is very proud of the way she is taking the time and putting her heart into this for him, and for all of us as well. Hats off to a daughters love for her DAD!!!

14. Talking Welcome!

Welcome new members!!!! Paolo....
    Come Rain or Come Shine.....
    Paolo

This looks like a really great site....
    Nancy...I am a long time fan of yours and of course, your father..
    I am thrilled you might actually read this...!!
    I was once.....(many years ago) a president of a chapter...of the Frank Sinatra Jr. Fan Club...that was fun.....not a president any more...but still a fan...
    Loved Tina's book...and would like to thank her for sharing with all of us...Years ago I was an overseas operator for Germany (out of NYC) and got to speak to your father....when he called Tina on New Year's Eve......the call was placed about 8 PM New York Time..and Tina was not in...(your father didn't place the call....someone else did...but used his name...as the caller...this was along time ago...no direct dial to Europe) the called asked us to try every hour....Rules were to leave the call ...to the special operator...who returned calls......but this was Frank Sinatra...I wan not giving this call up!!!!! I might get to speak with him....so I kept the call with me all night long....and tried every hour on the hour....well I finally reached Tina in Germany ( I think it was Munich...) and called your father's house back....heard a big party going on..and the man who answered...called him to the phone..as my heart was beating a mile a minute....He said ..hello...and I said I have your party on the line....and he said thank you operator....and hey!! you sound young...I said I am....I am 18....he said why are working New Years Eve...you should be at a party.....and I said I wouldn't have given up talking to him for any party in the world....and he laughed and said....Happy New Year Sweetheart........and I sort of giggled...Happy New Year Mr Sinatra....and finally put poor Tina on the line.....Tina....sorry if you ever wondered why your father took so long to get on the line.....hehe....it was my ONE moment...and I truly enjoyed it....and will never forget it...or him....and I will never forget how sweetly he spoke to a stranger....and how wonderful his voice was......
    Sorry for rambling....I am lost in a flood of a sweet memory....

Celeste

What a GREAT story. Hopefully Tina remembers the moment. Ireally enjoyed reading it.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

thanks

Thanks...I am glad you enjoyed it.....I will never forget it....and I do hope Tina sees it.....and might remember....

hi celeste,
    interesting story!
    read tinas own forum here, there is a thread about tina in germany. she did some german tv in 1970, and she lived in munich.
    SINATRA : " Standing Room Only " ... new LIVE box 2018

Thanks Steffen....I will go and look at Tina's thread...and read about her time in Germany...so my memory isn't THAT bad..it was Munich!!!

Celeste

What a sweet story and what a great memory for you..Thanks for sharing it..It is so nice to hear how Sinatra touched someone personally...

Irene