Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Boots" sung by others

the boots sang by others

What do you think about "boots" sang by Ella Fitzgerald ?
    I love her but I don't like Ella singing other songs than the jazz standards....

Franco

There is only one and it is sung by Nancy Sinatra, all others are weak or blasphemous imitations.

Originally posted by Susan all others are weak or blasphemous imitations.
    Even David Hasselhoff's Susan (then again the car could've done a better version than Mr Knight)
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

ALL of them! They are for even trying.

5. From Uwe, I think...

I found a lot of cover versions of "These boots..."
    if you know more please let me know it.

Sam Philips
    javier álvarez
    Desire
    Nick Cave
    Silvia Superstar
    Velvet99
    barry adamson
    the trenchcoats
    Glover, Crispin Hellion
    Too Slim & The Taildraggers
    hank williams jr
    Philippe El Baho
    loretta lynn
    Los Salvajes
    lisa germano
    sugar beats
    Mrs. Miller
    The Rock Bottom Remainders
    Trish Murphy
    kon kan
    Amanda Lear
    Megadeth
    Billy Ray Cyrus
    Geri Halliwell
    Lupita cabrera - estas botas son para caminar
    gloria benavides - Estas Botas son Para Caminar
    Die fabulösen Thekenschlampen – Diese Stiefel sind zum stampfen (german)
    eileen - Die Stiefel Sind Zum Wandern
    die 3 spitzbuben - Die Stiefel sind zum Wandern
    KMFDM
    Paula Yates
    Jessica Williams
    Boy George
    the ventures
    supremes
    ella fitzgerald
    lee hazlewood
    billy strange
    Four Jacks And A Jill
    Dominique Michel Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher (1966)
    Eileen Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher (1966)
    Muguette Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher (1966)

Cover versions of " Boots"

Blimey!
    I had no idea so many people had covered "boots". Why is that? Would it be that any hit gets covered, because it is a hit and they are hoping for success themselves with it?

As Susan says... there is only one version of it... Nancy's version. I remember Nancy singing it on TV years ago and the thing that stuck in my mind was Nancy coming towards you with the boots on It was a totally unique and completely different song. Nothing else like it has ever been done again.

You talk to anyone about Nancy Sinatra and what do they say to you? "I remember her and that "Boots are made for walking" song.

It's a great pity that Nancy isn't as widely known for all the other great songs she has performed. It's not a minor thing, for example, to have a James Bond theme tune to your credit for one thing.

7. I've done it about two years ago and am about to record backing vocals on another version for a group on their next RCA album.

The song is timeless. No version will ever touch Nancy's, but they do help keep her name in the public domain.

What's the saying..."Imitation is the best form of flatter." Is that it?
    Well, that's how I feel on this subject. (in case you're interested)
    Kjelene

HI NANCY!!
    LATOYA JACKSON DID A COVER OF BOOTS ON A RARE HARD TO FIND COUNTRY CD SHE RELEASED IN 1995. APPOLONIA 6, THE PRINCE GROUP FROM THE 80Z ALSO REMADE BOOTS...

Originally posted by Marty
    Even David Hasselhoff's Susan (then again the car could've done a better version than Mr Knight)

One more version of "Boots".

- The Beau Brummels.

Plus that gal singer who slaughters it during the intro to Victoria Gotti's tv show. Someone should shoot her. Ummm, maybe that's too extreme
    George B.

George B

Shoot her in the boots
    Bazza

Baz

Yeah, shootin' her in the boots isn't quite as extreme, but it would certainly shut her up for awhile.
    George B.

ya LIL KIM DID THE VERSION OF BOOTS ON THE VICORIA GOTTI SHOW "GROWING UP GOTTI", I ACTUALLY LIKE THAT VERSION

Ahhh....you're all jealous!
    Let 'em have fun! Life's too short!
    Kjelene

What a list, Nancy.

Add Wayne Newton. He covers the song in the special new edition of The Las Vegas Centennial celebration of 100 years, this year.

related "Boots" covers

This might be a little off-topic, as these following songs aren't exactly cover versions, but are 'remixed' or 'mashup' versions of Nancy's song that I managed to collect via overseas import:
    "These Boots Are Made For Walking" - Nancy Vs Girl's Aloud.
    "These Boots Are Made For Walking"(DJ Hexstatic Mix) - Nancy.
    Both have a great dance beat - I guess they were remixed by Dance Club DJ's.

Also, there's a CD called "Stars On Frankie" which is a tribute to her great Dad (sung by Peter Douglas who sounds remarkably like The Chairman himself!). Included on the CD is a dance medley of The Chairman's songs, and the medley includes a brief version of "These Boots..." (even sounds remarkably like Nancy).
    Jeff

19. Didn't I see on VH1 the other night, Morgan Fairchild performing 'Boots' on the show "But can they Sing"?
    Brad

All or nothing at all!

20. Hi Brad

Yes, that was Morgan.