Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION, VOLUME1 

THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION, VOLUME1

CD COVER

Download NANCY SINATRA's latest album, SHIFTING GEARS, now!Download from iTunes Download this album from Amazon.

The Holiday Collection (1993)

VARIOUS ARTISTS - THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION
    CD - HOLLY MUSIC/MCA RECORDS: HAND 22115 : US (OUT OF PRINT)
    RELEASED: NOVEMBER 1993

1. THE GIFT OF LOVE DEBBIE BOONE
    2. HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS ANITA BAKER
    3. AWAY IN A MANGER TANYA TUCKER
    4. COME ON A SLEIGH RIDE WITH ME JOHNNY TILLOTSON, FREDDY CANNON & BRYAN HYLAND
    5. JINGLE BELLS STARS OF "SANTA BARBARA"
    6. DIALOGUE SCOTT BAIO
    7. THE CHRISTMAS MEDLEY ROGER WILLIAMS
    8. A GIFT OF HOPE MARY HART
    9. GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN NANCY SINATRA
    10. JOY TO THE WORLD TONY ORLANDO
    11. WINTER WONDERLAND LOU RAWLS
    12. HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SING AMERICA
    13. EVERYDAY SHOULD BE LIKE CHRISTMAS MARILYN MCCOO
    14. ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH KENNY RANKIN & LAURENCE JUBER
    Download NANCY SINATRA's latest album, SHIFTING GEARS, now!Download from iTunes Download this album from Amazon.

I pulled this CD out to check some info on it and after thinking about it for about 2 seconds I put it in. I have loved Nancy's funky take on "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" since I first heard it. I listened to it four or five times and put it away. Hey! Christmas in July you know?

I understand Richard. When the days are hot like this, a little cool, funky Christmas music is a great thing-especially when it's Nancy.
    Mary

I love this version also, Richard. I think my favorite Christmas song by Nancy (to date) has to be KIDS. I can see every image she sings in that song and sometimes I play it over and over and it isn't even Christmas!
    To my little fur baby Sushi, If love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever...

I do that with "It's Such a Lonely Time of Year," Dan.

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and "It's Such a Lonely Time..." are fantastic recordings.
    Jared

I have an "It's Such a Lonely Time of Year" ringtone that I use during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have an "It's Such a Lonely Time of Year" ringtone that I use during the holidays.
    I love it!
    Jared

I would be interested to know how you make that ring tone. I managed to make one of BOOTS that I use all the time but I'm not very good at doing things like that. I do recall Nancy singing that song on TV and changing the words to "I'll be your birthday clown" when it wasn't near Christmas.
    To my little fur baby Sushi, If love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever...

Dan, I just used an mp3 editing program. The phone I have now has a program on it called mp3 Trimmer. I use that sometimes but I don't really like it because you doesn't allow you to fade out.

I have also made ringtones for Let Me Kiss You, Burnin' Down The Spark, Bossman, Barricades and Brickwalls, These Boots Are Made For Walkin', Glory Road, Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone, Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off, Is Making a Little Love Out of the Question?, One More Time, Crocodile Tears, I Gotta Get Out Of This Town, 100 Years, Sand, Your Groovy Self, Bang Bang and several more.

I'm using a new Motorola Razor phone that you can connect to the computer, but I don't know what to do to get ringtones or MAKE them to download. Technology UGH! LOL

Dan, the program I use on my laptop is Audacity. I think the only phones that can associate mp3s as ringtones now are smartphones though.

I located this on Amazon. Can anyone tell me if this a bootleg CD before I place an order? It has Nancy singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A2H10A/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
    Rick

The Holiday Collection was a charity CD.

16. Two were but I don't recognize the Norman Rockwell cover, Richard. Do you?

The only one I have ever seen is the cover in the first post. Maybe the album was licensed to St. Clair? Do you own your recording?

18. No. I do remember a cover with Toys R Us on it. We did an instore there, Neil Sedaka and I.

I have never seen that one either. Do you remember what the album was called? Was this on CD?

20. I don't remember exactly but I'll find it. My dad's original recording of Silent Night is in two of these collections, one with just Frankie at the piano and the other with backup singers. I think the cover for Toys R Us is mostly blue.