Disc Two:

1. Tea Break (Monologue)
    2. They Can't Take That Away From Me
    3. All The Way
    4. Chicago
    5. Night And Day
    6. Autumn Leaves
    7. I Could Have Danced All Night
    8. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
    9. A Foggy Day
    10. The Lady Is A Tramp
    11. Ol' Man River
    12. You Make Me Feel So Young
    13. Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
    14. Come Fly With Me

* from Hibiya Park in Tokyo, Japan on April 20, 1962
    + from the Olympia Theatre in Paris, France on June 7, 1962 (see Sinatra and Sextet: Live in Paris)

This album presents a 1962 concert, performed before royalty in London as part of a worldwide tour to raise money for children's charities. Due to contractual or licensing restrictions, this double CD was authorized for release only in Brazil, where it was produced in a numbered limited edition of 3000. It includes a 16-page dual-language English/Portuguese booklet, with notes by the producer, Roberto Quartin.

Although undocumented, two of the songs were replaced by versions from other concert appearances on the same tour, as indicated in the track listing above.

For earlier discussion of this Brazilian issue, see this thread: The Brazil Releases.

Related thread

in the presence of Princess Maggie, so a.k.a. Sinatra Command Performance.

complete concert programme as taped on 1st June 1962 and broadcast on ITV in Britain the following day can be found in the following Frank On TV Thread :-

This Is Sinatra (UK TV Special 1962)
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

Quite worth bumping. I found this album recently and jumped at it without question. My investment in this concert was well worth it; a companion piece to Sinatra & Sextet: Live at Paris that came from the same charity tour in the Spring of 1962. Magnificent sextet along with Frank giving some inspired performances make this a must have.

Yeah David, and don't miss the fact that with the London concert you get this absolutely GRAND version of "Autumn Leaves" (just voice, guitar/Al Viola and flute/Harry Klee) that FS never performed on other shows of the tour (including the TV concerts and the Reprise Paris show).
    THAT moment alone, in my opinion, is worth the "entrance fee" for the London concert.

Bernhard.

Quote Originally Posted by bvo35 View Post
    Yeah David, and don't miss the fact that with the London concert you get this absolutely GRAND version of "Autumn Leaves" (just voice, guitar/Al Viola and flute/Harry Klee) that FS never performed on other shows of the tour (including the TV concerts and the Reprise Paris show).
    THAT moment alone, in my opinion, is worth the "entrance fee" for the London concert.

Bernhard.
    Agreed. And don't forget that great take on "My Blue Heaven" or another marvelous take on "Night and Day" with just Al Viola on the guitar or my new favorite take on "All the Way", reminescenct of the one given with the Red Norvo quintet in Australia in 1959 but however, Sinatra gives an involved and nuanced performance. Then again, when didn't he?

Autumn leaves eh? wonderful Bernhard. I hope I can find this album somewhere! I have heard from people who were at the show in 1962, just how amazing it was!!

<<And don't forget that great take on "My Blue Heaven" >>

Oh I'd love to hear that one live!

OH WHAT A FIND!

I stumbled (almost literally) over a used CD copy of this recording this morning!!!! And...I paid a sinfully inexpensive price for it!

I am in awe of the performance. With the exception of the two songs inserted from other performances, the sound is awesome. (Why, oh why did someone insert such poor quality "replacements" onto a nearly perfectly sonic experience???)

I've already remade my own copy of disc 1 and inserted the "Sinatra & Sextet" versions of it and it plays beautifully.

To my ears, this is probably the finest one FS concert on record. He was goddamned PERFECT that evening. I will be playing this for quite some time to come.

I am just in awe of how I got this gem that everybody talks about at a yard sale in West Hollywood. And I can count on one hand the times I've been to a yard sale in my life. It's as if some Higher Power guided me there!

Nice new avatar Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoonergirl View Post
    Nice new avatar Paul!
    Many thanks, Melissa

Royal Festival...

Absolutely...as good as the other released concerts are, nothing touches this particular concert. Everything is absolutely perfect.

My copy is #3027/ 5000.

Somebody has a copy on amazon.com right now for $125.00.

I saw the performance of this show at the NYC Museum of Radio and Television. Great show. Joe
    Joe

I ADORE THIS COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation 1962

did you know: the midnight concert intro. David Jacobs was tv live ?;
    Also in june frank recorded an album of which we brits are intensely proud GREAT SONGS FROM GB BACK IN THE STATES frank recorded a radio programme for our Nation and commented upon the songs he'd recorded on this album ? ; whilst in London he also previewd his film THE MANCHN. CAND. ....and GAVE CONCERTS IN SEVERAL CINEMAS ; the LP DID NOT INCLUDE roses of picard inexplicable for its tremendous featured though on a CD pub in Britain AND in the late eighties an LP vinyl incl this great interpretation of Roses ?

love to all desmond

Quote Originally Posted by jtsjc1 View Post
    I saw the performance of this show at the NYC Museum of Radio and Television.
    Mentioned above, but bears repeating. Thread in the Frank on TV forum:

This Is Sinatra (UK TV Special 1962)

Also, archived web page from the Museum of TV & Radio:

This Is Sinatra! (American Premiere)

Quote Originally Posted by desmondfrancis View Post
    Also in june frank recorded an album of which we brits are intensely proud GREAT SONGS FROM GB
    Pointers to existing threads:

Album in Frank's Recordings: Sinatra Sings Great Songs From Great Britain (1962)
    Earlier discussion: Great Songs From Great Britain (merged)

I'd love to find this album somehow, I bet it's fantastic.

How's the sound quality, compared to the "june 5th live in paris" widely available show (which i love, maybe my favorite live sinatra album)

and as as ps to that note, above... i just checked on line- the album is (no surprise) out of print.

If anyone finds a few at another one of those yard sales, let me know

-mike

I'm just giving this a bump- still have not been able to find this recording....... if anyone has any ideas, or can help out, please let me know I'd really love to hear that version of 'autumn leaves' and the whole rest of the show-- I bet it's incredible!