Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monsieur Alain Delon, Bon Anniversaire!

1. Smile Monsieur Alain Delon, Bon Anniversaire!

" L´age c´est justement un numéro, c´est ne pas une definition"....*Rocco...i* ( a great film, among many many others). Un être-humain exceptionelle, un acteur magnifique. Vous avez travaillé beaucoup dans votre vie, depuis votre tendre enfance. My tribute to a great man, who helped a lot of people around the world, and still does it. A great business-man. All the best to You,... God help You! Thanks for your great work and example to many generations. Je vous saluto, ....un´ abbraccio from Paolo.
    Come Rain or Come Shine.....
    Paolo

Happy Birthday, Alain Delon

One of the most beautiful man of the World!

Congratulations!

LOURDIE
    Frank Sinatra: You will be my music.

3. I'll tell him that the forum think of him the next time I'll see him.
    Pierre

4. Smile JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE M. ALAIN DELON

Le 08 novembre again!! vous, l´homme d´affaires, acteur, chanteur and extraordinaire père, être-humain...
    Cher Monsieur Delon, J´ai toujours admiré vos films, productions enfin votre talent.
    Il ne me reste plus qu´à vous souhaiter un très bon anniversaire!!!
    Also, congrats for your new work in Paris, au théâtre Marigny--Sur la Route de Madison --(from Clint Eastwood´s creation).
    Passez un extraordinaire jour Monsieur Alain Delon.
    ciao, Paolo.

Come Rain or Come Shine.....
    Paolo

5. Wasn't he in A MAN AND A WOMAN

with Anouk Aimee.

He's still sexy.
    Melanie
    She loves the theatre but never comes late That's why the Lady is a Tramp.

Hi Mel!
    No, we was not in "A man and a Women", it was Jean-Louis Trintignant...
    I am also very happy that Mr Delon is doing a kind of "Come Back" with the new Asterix movie (playing Jules Cesar!). Last year, Mr Delon had a terrible depression and he did some very sad commentary in medias about getting old and feeling unwanted and forgotten. That was terrible to see him but it look like it helped him to get some new great roles!
    I wish him the very best. He is a great actor, with an extraordinary presence...
    Stephane N.

Thank for starting that thread Paolo! You have a great french!
    Stephane N.

8. Tell Mr. Delon, not to be depressed

I'm here.

I did see his movies. I used to throw his name around alot when I wanted to be cool. But I can't remember now what I've seen him in. I didn't forget him though. Sorry about the Man and Woman error. .

He is so sexy
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinagirl View Post
    with Anouk Aimee.

He's still sexy.
    That was the guy from "And God Created Woman"...I'll remember his name in a minute.

Delon, a fine actor, and, can one be too handome? He's finally beginning to look forty-ish.

10. GQ

you weren't supposed to catch me over here going on about Alain Delon. You are supposed to be "wallowing."
    Melanie

I'm still wallowing...in fact, I intend to wallow until Lou Dobbs comes on.

(Actually, I use a dvr so I can wallow in.)

A little more about Alain Delon...

After playing a few roles in France, Alain Delon got international stardom by the movie "Plein Solein" (Purple Moon) in 1960. After that, he played many roles in almost every possible kind of movies in many language. He worked in France, Italy, Spain, UK and USA.

In the 60's and 70's, he was very demanded by a lot of the greatest directors of that era, like René Clément, Luchino Visconti, Michelangelo Antonioni, Julien Duvivier, Anthony Asquith, Mark Robson, Jean-Pierre Melville or Jacques Deray.

He also created a new kind of cop-bad guy who seem to have inspired a lot some of the USA directors of the 70's.

His career got him into a large range of roles, as well in pure commercial project and in more ambitious project. He also did a lot of production of his own and directed some movies.

He kept making movie until the 2000's where he did a TV show with his character of Frank Riva and did not do any movie until 2007 where he got the role of Cesar in the new Asterix movie. He now prepare some new project.

The sad thing about Delon is the fact that many of his ambitious projects along his way where forgot behind the headlines of the media who often gave him an hard time. They seem more interested in his private life than to show that, even if he really did a lot of commercial movies, he also give their chance to many news directors and did a lot of movie out of the commercial market that really had some influence on the movies lovers.

I am very happy to see him doing a come back because, in his maturity, with his voice and his nostaligic eyes, he really have the power to do a new career. He is a very inspiring actor and I wish him a lot of great part to play in greats projects!

Link to his filmography:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001128/maindetails#actor

Another link for the lady over here who like him so much!
    Lady also have their right to get some sexy stuff!

http://www.theplace.ru/archive/alain...dechoc2Grd.jpg

Thumbs up It's All In The Name....

< I used to throw his name around a lot when I wanted to be cool.>

Melanie, Rick is too shy to tell you himself - but he says you can drop his name around anytime there's a "need."
    When You're Here, It's Family
    www.georgelyons.net

I seem to recall

him being in 4 For Texas or am I confusing him with someone else?

Regards,

John

16. yes, Stephane, he is a fine looking man

Maybe I just saw his picture alot when I was young. But I know exactly who he is. What American films was he in?
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by jayeff View Post
    him being in 4 For Texas or am I confusing him with someone else?
    It was another western with Dean Martin and Joey Bishop, "Texas Across the River", a 1966 movie.

Stephane N.

Mel, I don't have a definitive list of his US credits but there are some of his most famous US movies:

The Yellow Rolls-Royce, Once a Thief, Lost Command, Is Paris Burning?, Texas Across the River, Girl on a Motorcycle, Red Sun, The Assassination of Trotsky, The Concorde: Airport '79...

I hope that help you!

Stephane N.

This is from an old Paris Match:
    (Just an average Joe, as you can see. That's Bardot on the left, of course.
    ((Whew, didn't mean to wallow that long.)

Jeez, what'd she see in HIM??????????
    When You're Here, It's Family
    www.georgelyons.net