Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Paul McCartney

It was a honor for McCartney to record at Capital Records and create some new songs. Joanie
    Last edited by Joanie; 05-15-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Joanie

The One On One Tour has just added dates in Newark, New York, Brooklyn, Uniondale and Detroit. Also Sgt. Pepper is being re-released.
    Out of the tree of life, I picked me a plum

He will be here again this year. I read today that all tickets were sold out !! It will be three concerts.
    S V Peluzio Jr

One of the most memorable moments of my life was seeing Paul live. I'm grateful he is still touring, giving people a chance to see and hear his music. It means so much to so many of us.

I think it's very interesting to hear some of paul's jazzier/croonier pieces that he wrote for The Beatles. "When I'm Sixty-Four" and "Honey Pie" stick out to me the most.
    Just a kid from a small town nobody's ever heard of.

I love the cover versions of A Taste of Honey and 'Til There Was You ​from The Beatles' earlier days too, Landon.
    I can't believe what you say because I see what you do. ~ James Baldwin

I saw him a few years ago in Toronto. During the show he performed Mull of Kintyre, which I have always thought is a beautiful song! He even had a group of bagpipe players join in during the song, which I thought was very special. I'm glad I saw him in Canada, because I would be surprised if he were to play Mull of Kintyre in the states. I will warn you to take earplugs with you if you go see him in concert. While most of the show sounds wonderful, they seem to crank up the volume near the end, especially if he plays Helter Skelter.

Was able to attend a 20000 person love-in at Newark, NJ's Prudential Center last night. After an hour or so of pre-concert music from the Beatles and Wings, it was three solid hours of magic. From A Hard Day's Night right on up to Boy, You're Gonna Carry That Weight, Paul was at his best. Although tickets were an arm, leg and first-born, it was worth every penny. Paul's inter-action with the audience is something to behold. He made it very clear that there was no other place he'd rather be, and nothing else that he'd rather be doing.
    Out of the tree of life, I picked me a plum