Thread: Vito's Album / Record thread

Vito's Album Thread

Well I decided it was time that ol' Vito makes a thread. I've devoted almost my entire life to Sinatra and his body of work, so the least I can do is pass on some knowledge before I kick the bucket. I am the author of two books on Frank, and even operated a record store in the 50's that was stacked with Frank. Here you can post all your album questions. I will tell you the history behind the album, the value, the rarity, you name it! So go ahead and throw something at me

2. Two thoughts:

First, if the intent is to answer questions about Frank Sinatra albums exclusively, then this thread is misplaced. It belongs in the Frank Sinatra room.

And, as I mentioned in > another post, questions about Frank's albums would be better served in the existing threads in Frank Sinatra Recordings.

That said, I welcome your expertise, Vito. Looking forward to whatever you can tell us!

Bob in Boston

Welcome Vito!
    Please excuse my ignorance but what are the books you wrote?
    Thanks!
    Robbie

Bob this thread is primarily devoted to value and rarity while the existing threads are mainly centered on the history of the albums and records. I'm making this thread as an easy way for answers on Price and value. One simply uploads a picture of the album he wants answers on, and I do the rest and Robbie I wrote a guide to Frank Sinatra album pricing (mostly outdated in this day and time) and an encyclopedia on Sinatra entitled "The Compleat Sinatra" I will now be moving this into the "Frank Sinatra" discussion.

Vito's Album / Record thread

Well I decided it was time that ol' Vito makes a thread. I've devoted almost my entire life to Sinatra and his body of work, so the least I can do is pass on some knowledge before I kick the bucket. I am the author of two books on Frank, and even operated a record store in the 50's that was stacked with Frank. Here you can post all your album questions. I will tell you the history behind the album, the value, the rarity, you name it! So go ahead and throw something at me. Again this is primarily to tell you the VALUE and RARITY of the object in question.

Thanks Vito,I will try and check them out!
    Robbie

7. Good idea, Vito. Fire away.

Thank you Vito,i''ll check it for sure it sounds essential,Thank You.

Vito, do you know if there are stock/non-promo U.S. mono LPs of the Sinatra/Ellington album? I don't recall seeing any beyond promos, though it doesn't mean copies made for sale don't exist...

Hi there Martin, no there aren't any non-promo, mono versions of this particular album.

Hi Vito, for the UK issue of the 10 inch Wee Small Hours 1 and 2 what would you say was a fair price?
    I've got the Swing Easy and Young Lovers 10inchers, the first sounds terrible so I'll get another, but the Wee Small Hours ones were always harder to come by, I've been offered them but wasn't entirely sure what would be a reasonable amount to give for them. Do you have any indication of how many were sold before it was superseeded by the 12 inch one thats so familiar.
    Thanks

Hey there Nick! Don't think I've forgotten you, I'm still researching your answer

Appreciate it, thank you.

Vito, thanks re the mono Sinatra/Ellington album.

Have you ever seen a gray label U.S. LP of the mono ONLY THE LONELY?

Nick a good price for the albums would be about $30-45 each. Wouldn't pay a penny more. And Martin yes I have it's quite scarce but they do exist. Hope this helped you guys

Thanks Vito.

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    And Martin yes I have it's quite scarce but they do exist. Hope this helped you guys
    Vito, if you could ever get a picture of a copy up (U.S. mono ONLY THE LONELY gray label), I'd truly love to see it. I was in a record store once years ago when I first started buying Sinatra records and could swear I had a copy in my hand and put it back since the condition wasn't that great, not knowing I'd never see another. Since then, I've thought my mind was playing tricks on me, and that it didn't actually exist.