Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwegian fans! Norske fans!

Norwegian fans! Norske fans!

Noen fra Norge her?

Any fans from Norway here (or has family in Norway)? I thought this would be a nice place to talk.

Regards, Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by yvonnekarate View Post
    Noen fra Norge her?

Any fans from Norway here (or has family in Norway)? I thought this would be a nice place to talk.

Regards, Yvonne
    No Norway but I have been in Sweden many times...U can call me as a Swedish )))
    He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

Well, Norway and Sweden are two different countries.(..) I know you probably don't mean any harm, problem is that Norwegians hate to be associated with the Swedes. It has something to do with history. I've been in Sweden many times myself, but I would never live there. But it's nice to see people who know a bit about the Nordic countries though.

Regards, Yvonne

Yeah ofcourse I know they are different countries but on the other hand Nordic is Nordic and I know a lot about Scandinavia not a bit
    anyway I m sorry if I made u angry...

5. Well, I'm certainly not Norwegian or Swedish but I have been to both countries and they are absolutely beautiful.

I´ve been to both countries too. I have some friends there and i never heard about this fact. But i agree with Nancy, they are beautiful and their people very warm.
    S V Peluzio Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Oner View Post
    Yeah ofcourse I know they are different countries but on the other hand Nordic is Nordic and I know a lot about Scandinavia not a bit
    anyway I m sorry if I made u angry...
    No, I'm not angry, just wanted to point out the difference, since you claim to know a lot.

Regards, Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by S V PELUZIO JR View Post
    I´ve been to both countries too. I have some friends there and i never heard about this fact. But i agree with Nancy, they are beautiful and their people very warm.
    What do you mean? It's like Canada and the US I would imagine (not that I could claim to know all facts). Maybe hate is a strong word, but Norway has its own history, its own language and its own culture. I never meant to sound rude nor angry though, Scandinavia and the Nordic countries share a lot of history. And by all means, I'm very fond of Sweden myself, I'm there once a month or so. But I guess it's something about pride for our country. Norway's a small country and I understand people who doesn't know Norway. Yet, it always amazes me when I get questions like: "Norway? Is that the capital of Sweden?".

Regards, Yvonne

I'm half norwegian and Joanne and Knud are full norwegian!

I think Norwegians should thank to me This Topic is more crowed now
    Yvonne you can advertise about Norway better

anyway

here is a small memory from North...

11. < What do you mean? It's like Canada and the US ... >

Canada and the US are completely different from each other. I don't understand what you mean, Yvonne. It sounds as though you think people are putting your country down but I don't see anybody doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    < What do you mean? It's like Canada and the US ... >

Canada and the US are completely different from each other. I don't understand what you mean, Yvonne. It sounds as though you think people are putting your country down but I don't see anybody doing that.
    That's exactly what I mean, that Canada and the US are completely different from each other.(..) The same with Norway and Sweden.

Norway has always been considered this little country in the north, while Sweden on the other hand has always taken the glory. I guess that's a bit irritating. That's all. I never said that you guys put my country down, I just wanted to be clear.

Regards, Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by Oner View Post
    I think Norwegians should thank to me This Topic is more crowed now
    Yvonne you can advertise about Norway better

anyway

here is a small memory from North...
    Well, there aren't many Norwegians here yet, so we'll just have to wait and see.

And where is that exactly?

Regards, Yvonne

It was taken in SMÅLaND...
    there is no Norwegians but People who loves Norwey and Nordic are here..Its better than nothing..isnt it?
    Maybe we should make one topic for all Scandinavia

Oh, I see, in Sweden then.

Yes, maybe you should, feel free to start one.

Regards, Yvonne

Jeg er her, har bare ikke sett denne tråden før nå... Norge er vel et av verdens beste land vil jeg påstå he he... Er det ingen flere nordmenn her?? Daniel og Knud er jo det også.

Yes, Melissa! You have to visit our country soon Since your half Norwegian and all. It is very beautiful I dare to say

Joanne I have been to Norway before I have all my dad's family there except for one uncle.

Of course you have, I'm sorry..I forgot

Where do they live??

My dad's relatives live in Oslo and Kristiansand.

Both are great cities, and Kristiansand is perfect to be at during summer!