Thread: Water into . . . fuel?

Water into . . . fuel?

You have to see this to believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vSxR6UKFM

2. Unhappy

Here in SoCal it would be nice if we could turn water into water.

There's more wine in SoCal than water. We need a reverse Jesus move.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

4. Yes, these things are do-able. There is a hydrogen extraction from water process that has been experimentally very successful.

But the initial huge investment in setting up the technology has to come from the private sector; it will not come from your stingey government, particularly with an oilman in the White House.

What corporation in the private sector would stand to reap a long term gain from a short term investment? I was watching this discussed on Charlie Rose with NY Times' Thomas Friedman. If a utility corporation asked you and me, the little consumers, to invest the price of a modest home into a long term inexpensive energy source, most of us would say "I can't project that far; I have far more immediate concerns."
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

5. Since California sits next to the mighty Pacific, and there are mega-tons of salt water that could be used for desalinization before the state dries up, what on earth is the wealthy private sector waiting for?

6. Wouldn't it be something if this man's discovery takes off?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Since California sits next to the mighty Pacific, and there are mega-tons of salt water that could be used for desalinization before the state dries up, what on earth is the wealthy private sector waiting for?
    My family used to operate a dairy farm. It was a small farm with only about 400 cows (not like the uber-dairies with 4,000 or more). We recently got out of the business because it was becoming increasingly difficult to contend with the bureaucratic red tape coming from the government and environmental protection agencies.

I know that there are some groups that are opposed to the idea of desalinization because, in their point of view, it has the potential to be harmful to fish and other marine life. Now, I do not know if there is any sound evidence to support this claim. However, I would not be surprised if the “wealthy private sector” feels that it’s not worth hassling with all the regulations and restrictions imposed upon them by the environmentalists.

8. If I recall, the big argument against the peripheral canal to aid SoCal in its need for water was salination fear of the Sacramento delta, and the loss of fish as well as freshwater sanctuary for fowl.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Since California sits next to the mighty Pacific, and there are mega-tons of salt water that could be used for desalinization before the state dries up, what on earth is the wealthy private sector waiting for?
    Here on the island nation of Australia we too are surrounded by billions of tons of water, hence the island reference. I digress.
    The main argument against de-salination plants here is the power that is required to run one of these buggers. I'll look for the link over the next few days and try to get back to you on it but apparently, here mainly I guess, it would be more negative to our infrastructure.

10. So, it's better to let your land dry up? Seems like we lose either way.

Those of us in the Western US are going to have to learn how to better conserve what we have.

The folks in Las Vegas are griping at those of us up river for putting dams on the Colorado, they are afraid they won't have enough water for all of those fountains and swimming pools.

12. When they stop using so much electricity running their lights day and night I'll listen to their complaints.

Rain

We got rain this morning. Its been months. It was a good downpour. There was thunder also. Its a big thing here when the rain comes.

My mistake. It seems that we are to go with a desalination plant after all. I know there was all sorts of accusations flying back and forward between State and Federal governments but the State of Victoria has decided on its own path.
    www.ourwater.vic.gov.au
    The media release for this can be found
    www.legislation.vic.gov.au