Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Sinatra : Album Of The Month Club #4 (Dec 2007) "The Sinatra Family Wish You...

Frank Sinatra : Album Of The Month Club #4 (Dec 2007) "The Sinatra Family Wish You...

....A Merry Christmas"

First of all i'd like to thank Bob for holding the fort on this ongoing thread series last month and making the November thread such a success, i'll probably now be asking others to help out every other month as a result so keep an eye on your PMs.

from my first post in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    I've noticed that a lot of members often say that they feel, well maybe not intimidated, but not too sure of themselves to post within the Frank Sinatra sections of the forum, given the knowledge and experience of so many of the fine Sinatra experts and admirers that inhabit the forum.

With this in mind, and also to get some further postings from longer term members who may want to add thoughts again, I personally thought it a good idea to suggest a Frank Sinatra album of the month for the next few months to get us all back in the swing of things, preferably LPs that will be familiar to most of us.
    Well, as Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, instead of putting a penny in an old man's hat you might like to put a thought or two into this thread about the LP "The Sinatra Family Wish You A Merry Christmas", released in 1968, a suitable choice being December and all, I thought due to Christmastime being a family time it features a proud dad and his kids having a seasonal ball. (and wouldn't it make a nice addition to the Jukebox?)

As always you can find a thread on the recording in Frank's Recordings here.
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

2. Excellent choice, Marty. I'll be listening to it this afternoon.

This is one my favorites

because the family sings together. Love it!1
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

One of my favorites. "I wouldn't Trade Christmas" is lots of fun and so well done.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

This is one my favorites

because the family sings together. Love it!
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

This is THE definitive version of "The Christmas Waltz" by Mr. S or anyone else.

Great selection, Marty.

This is a wonderful album with the whole family singing together... just a perfect Christmas album. I really enjoy all the songs, especially Nancy's songs Kids and It's Such A Lonely Time Of Year... and Tina's Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town is a fun song. I've already listened to this album a couple of times this past week.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

I don't have this album/CD but everytime I hear it on the radio, it makes me smile!
    Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by SYLMML View Post
    I don't have this album/CD
    not sure of the legalities, technicalities and such but it would make a nice seasonal addition to the Jukebox.

10. Thumbs up

Good idea, Marty!

I love this CD! It's wonderful!
    LOURDIE
    Frank Sinatra: You will be my music.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Good idea, Marty!
    If it could be done, Nancy, I think it would be a splendid holiday addition, especially as I think there may be some of us unfamiliar with all the tracks on the album.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    If it could be done, Nancy, I think it would be a splendid holiday addition, especially as I think there may be some of us unfamiliar with all the tracks on the album.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Sylvia

Good idea Marty, I too haven't the album - Can't find it.

Thumbs up

I love this album !!! All the tracks.
    S V Peluzio Jr

Got my Avitar " Happy to be back on

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    I too haven't the album - Can't find it.
    It's easily found on eBay, especially at this time of year. I see one "new and sealed" right now.

[Edit:] Actually, no need to buy on eBay. See below.

The album is available and in stock from Shop Sinatra! at a VERY reasonable price:

Shop Sinatra! - Sinatra Family Wish You a Merry Christmas

19. Well, hi Frank! It's nice to see you. Why is your screen name Chris? It's confusing.

Thanks, Bob! I'm glad somebody is using Shop Sinatra!

Oh dear, HOW embarrassing ..LOL!

Just trying to keep Bob on his toes..