Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Sinatra : Album Of The Month Club Index

Excerpted from the inaugural post in this series:

Originally Posted by Marty :

I've noticed that a lot of members often say that they feel, well maybe not intimidated, but not too sure of themselves to post within the Frank Sinatra sections of the forum, given the knowledge and experience of so many of the fine Sinatra experts and admirers that inhabit the forum.

With this in mind, and also to get some further postings from longer term members who may want to add thoughts again, I personally thought it a good idea to suggest a Frank Sinatra album of the month for the next few months to get us all back in the swing of things, preferably LPs that will be familiar to most of us.

I'd like to suggest [...] for those that wish to, to place their thoughts on the relative LP thread, it need not be great writing, a perceptive review or insightful prose, just a few lines of your feelings or impressions on sitting down with a nice cup of whatever you have a nice cup of and actually listening to a beautiful piece of popular music.

I hope the idea takes off.
    Thank you, Marty. The idea seems to have stuck. Perhaps this short thread could be turned into a sticky?

Thanks for taking the time to do this Bob !

4. Very handy links Bob, thanks! I hope 'Cycles' and Ol' Blue eyes is back' makes it on the monthly album spotlight soon.....

As I mentioned to Marty in private, I think the Album of the Month Club is a wonderful idea. It helps to lessen some of the bloat from the Frank's Recordings threads, while offering an accessible home for fresh or rediscovered insights.

I look forward to seeing the index list expand over time.

(And if we can just keep Rick's enthusiasm in check, we may even have a full month to discuss each of the entries. )

I was pretty sure my instructions in the "guest" Album Of The Month thread PM were pretty much idiot proof, I will have to reconsider the wording methinks.
    Though thanks indeed go to Bob and Rick for their sterling guest threads, and anyone with ideas for future monthly selections can PM me and they can be added to the guest threader list.
    sooner or later we all make the little flowers grow

Thanks for the list, Bob. Makes finding these threads a lot easier.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

8. Can there be a Request from members for album of the month?? Or is this just decided by Rick and Marty?? (with all due respect to Rick and Marty ofcourse)

I think it would be fun to create a poll for album of the month suggested by members, and then whichever ones wins, gets to be album of the month..

P.S. If the Mods wish to put this message in the 'suggestions and ideas' thread, its ok with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    anyone with ideas for future monthly selections can PM me and they can be added to the guest threader list.
    hows that?

10. Thumbs up

hows that?
    Thanks Marty!

Re: << a poll for album of the month >>

A think that's a bit much. As was just said:

anyone with ideas for future monthly selections can PM me and they can be added to the guest threader list.
    P.S. Be thankful that Rick decides nothing. Otherwise, we'd be celebrating Christmas in July.

P.P.S. I see that Marty's sentiments overlapped my own while posting.

Sir Martin of Guests....your e-mail was indeed "idiot proof" however, I am not an idiot so I missed the part where you said end of January or 1st of February. However, I must take full responsibility. It was my error.
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

13. I think this is a great idea. We all celebrate an album together from FS together.

suggestions for March's Album Of The Month should be sent to me via PM preferably before the 21st of Feb, with a brief explanation as to why your particular selection should be featured next.

So now you tell me. I was going to start March tomorrow. Guess I'll hold off now.
    Rick

Looking forward

to March!
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Young Allen (SinatraFan) is up next as guest presenter of the March Album Of The Month.

I think you'll all be very pleased with his selection.

April's is also in the pipeline, so any ideas for May onwards will be gratefully rec'd through a PM.

You mean...gulp....I've been replaced?
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by voice1 View Post
    You mean...gulp....I've been replaced?
    I guess so, Rick.

And I just posted the Album Of The Month for March.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Great job on April, Greg.

Suggestions and submissions for June & August sought.

PM's please