Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warner Home Video DVD Releases - 2008 

Warner Home Video DVD Releases - 2008

As recently announced on the Forum News page and in the thread The Importance of May, Warner Home Video is releasing and/or repackaging 21 Frank Sinatra movies on DVD, including 11 new-to-DVD titles, on May 13th 2008. The releases will include four box set collections, plus all the discs will be available individually.

This thread is intended for discussion of the overall releases and the box sets, which are pictured below along with links to the official Frank Sinatra Enterprises web pages at FrankSinatra.com. All of these movies have existing threads here in the Frank's Films forum, and those should be used for discussion of the individual titles (links supplied below).

THE EARLY YEARS

THE FRANK SINATRA AND GENE KELLY COLLECTION

THE RAT PACK ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION

The Rat Pack Ultimate Collector's Edition

Frank's Films threads:

Ocean's 11 (1960)
    Sergeants 3 (1962) *
    4 For Texas (1963)
    Robin and the 7 Hoods (1964)

*Sergeants 3 is released by MGM Home Entertainment but is also included in this Warner box set.

Additional Single DVD Releases

I am going to buy all of them, can't wait
    Rhoda

And there used to be a ballpark right here.

Additional details available at:

Ditto

Counting the days until the release!
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Bob the individual covers look fantastic! They are leaving a lot of suspense for sergeants 3 without displaying the cover!!

< They are leaving a lot of suspense for sergeants 3 >

Assuming Sergeants 3 does get released as a single DVD [there's been some question about thatósee below], it will be from a different company (MGM/UA), so I wouldn't expect it to match all the other WB covers.

You'll notice from the above pic that the Rat Pack box contains a foldup insert holding the DVDs. So you won't get the single DVD covers for the other three (repackaged) discs in that set. It's not clear yet whether or not the other collections will hold the regular DVD keepcases in their boxes.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ARIES3032 View Post
    Counting the days until the release!
    same here! Really looking forward to this collection and the cd

I am buying 3 sets of each btw

Wow! The box sets and DVD covers look terrific!

May 13th is going to be a great day.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Quote Originally Posted by SinatraFan View Post
    Wow! The box sets and DVD covers look terrific!

May 13th is going to be a great day.
    I KNOW! I want to get the individual DVD's instead of the boxes just because the artwork is so damned good!

15. My guess is they will not be released singly for a while but I will try to find out. The art work will be the same even though the DVDs are in a box set, I'll wager.

16. I see they are releasing a Sinatra/Kelly Collection. Great idea. They all look wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    My guess is they will not be released singly for a while but I will try to find out. The art work will be the same even though the DVDs are in a box set, I'll wager.
    Yes, PLEASE see if you can settle the "Sergeants Three" query.

From what I've seen in the advertisements, it does not appear as though the artwork will be included in the boxes. If you view the "Rat Pack" set, it clearly shows the 4 discs in a fold-out as in a CD box set. But, that box set has alot of other "goodies" added in to it.

For my $$ I would like to have all of these in individual DVD cases with the beautiful matching artwork. If they come later, so be it.

Thanks for checking for us!

18. I would rather have them in box sets, whether DVD's or CD's (Reprise, Capitol, etc) in my opinion. I would not think the art work would be different if they are in Box Sets.

19. Thanks for posting all this great info and images, Bob!

Guess what I'll be spending my tax rebate on?
    Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8

Re: Sergeants 3

Quote Originally Posted by paulmock View Post
    Yes, PLEASE see if you can settle the "Sergeants Three" query.
    For the benefit of others: There has been discussion in the Sergeants 3 thread which was prompted by the following sentence in the Warner promotional literature for The Rat Pack Ultimate Collector's Edition box set:

Suggested retail price for the set will be $59.92 and each of the films with the exception of Sergeants 3 will be available individually for $12.97.
    I want to point out that this does not necessarily imply that Sergeants 3 won't be available individually. It could be interpreted as stating that this one MGM title will/may not have the same price as the Warner DVDs (and/or Warner cannot specify or advertise the price of MGM's product). Note that the original press release for May 13th contains a full paragraph about S3, which begins with the following sentence:

MGM Home Entertainment will be releasing for the first time on DVD SERGEANTS 3.
    It's still early, and we've not yet seen an official announcement from MGM, so any adverse judgements about Warner's marketing strategy may be premature. My two cents.

See the following post for additional pricing information.