Thread: Musikverein Mackenbach 125th Anniversary

Musikverein Mackenbach 125th Anniversary

I just wanted to let everyone know that the official celebration of the Musikverein Mackenbach takes place this evening (23 February) at 7:00pm. There will be a beamer presentation showing pictures and documentation of the 125 year history which will be accompanied musically by our 44-member strong brass orchestra. I've attached 2 articles that appeared in the local paper today and will post an English translation of both in a few days.

For those of you wondering what all this has to do with the Sinatra family: Frank sang at the Rustic Cabin with an ensemble of Mackenbach musicians lead by Bill Henri, whose real name was Heinrich Jacob. Frank sent an autographed photo with a dedication to Mackenbach for their 100th anniversary year in 1983. It's mentioned at the end of the 2nd article. They have a corner of the museum dedicated to Frank and Bill Henri and have the same trombone that Henri is holding in the photo appearing in Nancy's book in the museum.

The program begins in about 3 hours, so I have to get ready and make sure my horn is still in tip top shape.

Greetings to everyone from Germany!
    Mark

Herzliche Glückwünsche aus Wien.
    (Congratulations from Vienna)
    Best regards from Vienna/Austria - and don't forget: It's Franks world ...

Congratulations from Lakewood, New Jersey,USA!"Here`s To The Band!"
    WNEW..Where The Melody Lingers On..