Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: December 12th 2008 

1. Question December 12th 2008

It's about that time again. Frank's birthday is coming up in about six weeks and I am wondering how people are planning to celebrate it. I will be in Atlantic City with my brother who is performing at a private party of some sort. Where will you be?

I am hoping to be at Patsy's in NYC with some of the SFF members here if and when it gets coordinated.

I am sure we all have a great time.

If there is no get together, I will likely be spending it listening to Siriusly Sinatra and playing my favorite FS albums and CD's with a bottle of Cabernet and a Pizza along with a few friends.
    Maybe even watch an FS movie or two

I make a valiant effort to take that day off every year. Even if I can't, at some point during the day, while the music plays all day long, I choose a song that really grabs me and try to learn it on piano or guitar. Sometimes I'm successful, and sometimes not so much. We then have dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, where the owner spins one of my Frank CDs, and we toast to Frank.
    Tutti a tavola a mangiare!

I haven't received my roster for December yet. I have vacation from the 13th until the 17th, and the way our schedules are made up (6 days work, 5 days off), I may be working on the 12th. In any case it will be either a hotel minibar or bar whisky drink in honour of Frank, or perhaps a good bottle of Brunello di Montalcino at home with Anna. We'll see...

Support the FAS Times Square Statue
    Sleep warm all!!!!!

Hopefully there will be a get together at Patsys. I was not able to make it last year, this year I just know I will be there.

(BTW - did you say Atlantic City??? Wait until Elba hears that.)
    Rhoda

And there used to be a ballpark right here.

Heard from Teri,

We are trying to get together and celebrate Frank's day in Fort Myers. I would love to get together with
    FSS , but only in Florida in the winter time.
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    It's about that time again. Frank's birthday is coming up in about six weeks and I am wondering how people are planning to celebrate it. I will be in Atlantic City with my brother who is performing at a private party of some sort. Where will you be?
    What a coincidence. I too will be in Atlantic City performing at a private party. Dinner?
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

8. I might pick up a pizza and bring it over to a friend's home and watch Pal Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I make a valiant effort to take that day off every year. Even if I can't, at some point during the day, while the music plays all day long, I choose a song that really grabs me and try to learn it on piano or guitar. Sometimes I'm successful, and sometimes not so much. We then have dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, where the owner spins one of my Frank CDs, and we toast to Frank.
    That's a good idea Mark, I'll try to learn a few new Frank songs on the piano. I learned Bewitched last year for my grandmother (Her favorite song). I'm going to order a cake and be playing Frank all day! (I already play Frank all day, can't wait for the cake!)
    ~Robert
    "I like the sunrise"

Dear Friend Nancy.

I remeber on December 12th 2005, my Mom, Lourdes, Junior, Paolo and me, we all gathered together. It was a wonderful day.

Love,

Jerry

Thumbs up

Iīd like to be with you all.
    Letīs try another get together.
    S V Peluzio Jr

Thumbs up Dear Friend Junior.

Yes, lets try another get together.

Jerry

Looks like a wonderful time, Jerry!

We should do something for Frank's 100th birthday.
    ~Robert
    "I like the sunrise"

I will probably be driving to NYC on the evening of the 12th...

I will be driving from Alberta to Vancouver on dec 12th and I'll be playing Frank the whole way back home.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    I remember on December 12th 2005, my Mom, Lourdes, Junior, Paolo and me, we all gathered together. It was a wonderful day.
    What a wonderful picture, Jerry. Thank you.

Patsy's

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am hoping to be at Patsy's in NYC with some of the SFF members here if and when it gets coordinated. I am sure we all have a great time.
    If there is something going on that night at Patsy's, I'd love to attend!

(I'm getting hungry just thinking about that place...)
    Tim

But then, this monday morning quarterback never lost a game...

19. Robert, laddie, it will only be his 93rd.

Rick, hopefully you and Frankie won't be performing at the same exact hour. If your performances overlap a bit, you may be able to rush to the other venue. Too bad its not the same one. Imagine opening for him.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

I think I will be in France, it's my daughter Olivia's 30th Birthday on the very same day.
    I'd love to be in NYC as well if it were possible!