Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Releases

1. Digital Releases

RING-A-DING-DIGITAL

Thirty-three Of Frank Sinatra’s Albums With Reprise Records Make Their Digital Debut on January 27

Eighteen Titles Exclusive To iTunes Music Store

LOS ANGELES — Frank Sinatra truly earned the sobriquet “Chairman of the Board” in 1960, when he founded Reprise Records. The record label provided the artistic freedom Sinatra had long-craved, and its CEO responded by recording a string of hit albums, starting in 1961 with Ring-A-Ding-Ding!, the label’s first release. On January 27, nearly all of Sinatra’s Reprise catalog will make their digital debut, when a total of 33 albums will be available at digital service providers for the first time.

Eighteen of the albums will be exclusively available at the iTunes Music Store, along with the deluxe version of SEDUCTION: SINATRA SINGS OF LOVE, a love songs compilation. The deluxe version contains 10 bonus tracks, including a trio that feature Nelson Riddle arrangements: “I Like To Lead When I Dance,” “The Look Of Love” and “Secret Love.”

Sinatra recorded some of his most beloved music during his 20-year tenure at Reprise, including 11 albums that reached the Top Ten of the Billboard Album Chart. Among the notable examples:

Sinatra-Basie (1962) lives up to its subtitle—“An Historical Musical First”—marking the first in-studio recordings by Sinatra with Count Basie and his band.

September Of My Years (1965) was released to coincide with Sinatra's 50th birthday. Arranged by Gordon Jenkins, the album won the Grammy for Album Of The Year in 1965.

Strangers In The Night (1966) was a massive hit, reaching #1 in the U.S. and earning four Grammy awards, including Record of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.

Sinatra At The Sands (1966), the artist’s first live album, was recorded at the peak of Sinatra’s performing prowess during an engagement at the Sands, Las Vegas with the Count Basie orchestra and Quincy Jones conducting.

Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back (1973) marked Sinatra’s return after a two-year “retirement.” Along with the album, Sinatra also recorded a television special the same year, titled “Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back.”

The following lists where each album will be available at digital service providers:

All Digital Service Providers
    Sinatra At The Sands
    Sinatra & Strings
    My Way
    Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
    Strangers In The Night
    September Of My Years
    Ring-A-Ding-Ding!
    Sinatra-Basie
    The Concert Sinatra

Amazon MP3 & iTunes
    Sinatra And Swingin’ Brass
    I Remember Tommy
    Cycles
    Sinatra Swings (AKA Swing Along With Me)
    She Shot Me Down
    L.A. Is My Lady

iTunes Exclusives
    Great Songs From Great Britain
    All Alone
    Sinatra’s Sinatra
    Days of Wine and Roses, Moon River and Other Academy Award Winners
    It Might As Well Be Swing
    Softly, As I Leave You
    A Man And His Music
    Moonlight Sinatra
    That’s Life
    The World We Knew
    Francis A. & Edward K.
    A Man Alone
    Watertown
    Sinatra & Company
    Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back
    Some Nice Things I’ve Missed
    The Main Event – Live
    Trilogy: Past, Present & Future

Way Cool.....
    Rick
    The enemy of truth is distortion.

I'll be at iTunes Music store that morning.

YES!

Outstanding!!

6. That is wonderful.

Just listening to "What's Now is Now", appreciating the sentiment behind it, and the hopeful tone in the vocal.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

It's worth mentioning that the iTunes/Amazon exclusives last only until late Spring. From the earlier discussion in the thread The Reprise Catalog:

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post

From FSE
    Everybody releases on the 27th. Itunes is the only DSP that will have all 33 catalog albums titles. Amazon will have 15. All others will have 9. In late Spring, Itunes and Amazon exclusives will be over and the other DSP’s will then have everything.

This is simply fantastic news for fans worldwide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Nancy

Very exciting news, That said. I still love having the artwork, liner notes , etc in hand.
    I am a complete tool

I'm really pleased to get She Shot Me Down and Softly As I Leave. I have the lps but it will be nice to have a pop free sound. I have all the others on cd. Still, I'm very exicted that they are back in the marketplace.
    Mike

Press On....

S V Peluzio Jr

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    I'm really pleased to get She Shot Me Down and Softly As I Leave. I have the lps but it will be nice to have a pop free sound. I have all the others on cd. Still, I'm very exicted that they are back in the marketplace.
    Amen, Mike! Great news, Nancy!
    When You're Here, It's Family
    Twitter: @GijLyons

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Just can't say it enough ! Thank you
    The Best is Yet to Come!

Wonderful Nancy !

It's great to have the Reprise catalogue available through downloads. Sinatra fans around the world will once again have access to these essential albums. But I'm still hoping they get re-released on CD too.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

17. Fantastic!

Great news!
    Ron

WOAH!

I just got 'She Shot Me Down' and 'The World We Knew' two albums that I have not been able to find on cd! This is so exciting! I get to listen to some new to me Sinatra tonight!

-Dustin

WOW

WOW!!! I haven't posted in this forum in a long time although I still regularly visit and read posts often, but THIS.......

This is AMAZING. I can't even describe how excited I am to be able to finally own all this wonderful music that is so rare.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Dusty

itunes now had 2,100 plus Frank Sinatra songs in it's library. Fantastic. I started with "Ring A- Ding Ding !" which I'm looking foward to listening to a work today then I'll look at what I have on CD already,what I know I can easily find and filling in gaps. What a great start.

I was a kid in a candy store this morning, from the itunes store home page with the announced "New Albums added " to seeing the album covers on the Frank Sinatra page