Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy song of the moment

Nancy song of the moment

My favourite song changes every few days.. lol!
    at the moment I'm loving Flowers On The Wall It's groovy!!

2. Thanks, B. Try Flowers in the Rain.

"Annabell Of Mobile:" Great story song with a wonderful vocal by Nancy. It can be heard on her MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/nancysinatra
    Andrew

Smile Always

My Buddy and Memories.
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

5. Ya see? These titles you all are mentioning are some that I wish were on the iTunes top 10 lists but they aren't. I'm very happy folks here like something besides Boots.

Been playing the IPOD on shuffle today in the car and Nancy's song...

"YOU'RE GONNA MAKE LOVE TO ME"
    from the How Does It Feel? album came on.

Nice catchy tune, I like it.
    The Nancy Sinatra UK Fan Page
    http://www.movinwithnancy.fsnet.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Been playing the IPOD on shuffle today in the car and Nancy's song...

"YOU'RE GONNA MAKE LOVE TO ME"
    from the How Does It Feel? album came on.
    I listened to that today, too! I woke up singing it
    Jared

If He'd Love Me

Tina, "If He'd Love Me" is one of my most favourite Nancy songs.
    Written by Miriam Eddy, (Jessi Colter) married to Duane Eddy and then Waylon Jennings.
    The Nancy Sinatra UK Fan Page
    http://www.movinwithnancy.fsnet.co.uk

God Knows I love You, Let Me Kiss You and Play Me or Trade Me(spunky) at the moment.
    Mike

Press On....

One oldie, one newie

You Can Have Any Boy (beautiful vocal) and

The Hungry Years (classic song, classic vocal, classic artist in her prime)
    We will prove our love is a lasting thing

Two of my favorites... This Town and True Love.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    "Annabell Of Mobile:" Great story song with a wonderful vocal by Nancy. It can be heard on her MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/nancysinatra
    Thanks for the link, Andrew! It was great to hear those songs! I especially liked Annabell Of Mobile and Glory Road.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Nancy

I have been listening to the Nancy CD. It was a treasured vinyl and now I have it on CD. Home is one of the most poignant songs I have ever heard. It still brings tears to my eyes for all our young soldiers.
    My Mother's Eyes says so many things that were true of my own mother and it warms me to think of those things. This whole album is a feast for the emotions and has been on repeat play for a couple of weeks.
    Mary

My Buddy, My Mother's Eyes and YOLT
    When You're Here, It's Family
    www.reverbnation.com/Soundslikefrank/songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Tina, "If He'd Love Me" is one of my most favourite Nancy songs.
    Written by Miriam Eddy, (Jessi Colter) married to Duane Eddy and then Waylon Jennings.
    YouTube lists this video of "If He'd Love Me" as "1965." I'm not certain, but I think this is from Nancy's appearance on Shivaree, broadcast October 23, 1965.

Source: YouTube

Andrew

Things with Dean Martin
    and Crocodile tears ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song)
    I am a complete tool

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Ya see? These titles you all are mentioning are some that I wish were on the iTunes top 10 lists but they aren't. I'm very happy folks here like something besides Boots.
    I recently read an interview with Bruce Springsteen, (yes again ) Believe it or not alot of people complain about his concerts. Why No Born In The USA? No Hungry Heart? No Glory Days??.

He said, "Night after night in different cities, I see a lot of the same faces. I appreciate the casual fan wanting to hear the hits but this core group of fans would rather hear Kitty's Back or something else obscure. We'll throw some hits in there but the fans who are that loyal deserve something special."

I think as long as the core group of fans is happy who cares. The majority of people at a Bruce concert know Born To Run and The Born In The USA albums. It's the same type of fan who think Nancy is just BOOTS.

Some of the best music is never heard by a large audience and I think downloading songs adds to that. Another artist like that is Billy Joel. Some of his best work are tracks that weren't released as singles and never got radio airplay.
    I am a complete tool

"Good Time Girl", one of Nancy's most uplifting song. "Ain't No Sunshine" is Beautiful with Nancy. Just like "Nights In White Satin", when Nancy sing a song it's always more beautiful than the original version.

Big Boss Man... such a great recording by Nancy.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

19. Jerry

Yes, Oren, when I was working on stage I always did a few of the hits but most of my books were much better songs such as 99 Miles from L.A. and Flowers. They always received the best response from the audiences around the world because the songs are outstanding and we performed them well.

"Burning Down the Spark". Love it! (and the rest of the cd too!)
    You can't have everything... where would you put it?
    Sally