Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Capitol Online Albums

New Capitol Online Albums

[ For some reason, this news has escaped public attention. Forum member Gonzalo Duque noticed these and alerted me by PM. Thanks, Gonzo! ]

In conjunction with the much-heralded release this week of Classic Sinatra II on compact disc and downloadable digital formats, Capitol Records has also reissued six previously hard-to-find albums. These releases are available as of June 2, 2009, only from digital service providers (not on CD).

The six titles are primarily singles compilations, first released on LP between 1956 and 1966. Five of these were available on CD in the out-of-print British 21-disc box set, The Capitol Years. The sixth title, Forever Frank, has never been previously reissued. Most of the tracks may also be found in The Complete Capitol Singles Collection.

These are the links to the MP3 album pages at Amazon.com:
    1. This Is Sinatra! (1956)
    2. This Is Sinatra, Volume Two (1958)
    3. Look To Your Heart (1959)
    4. All The Way (1961)
    5. Sinatra Sings...Of Love And Things (1962)
    6. Forever Frank (1966)

[Note: Cover images are linked from Amazon.com, except Look To Your Heart. Amazon is showing the wrong image for that album, but the track listing is correct.]

Thanks Bob!!

Thanks Bob, I think most are available on iTunes too, not sure about "Look To Your Heart" though..

While I own and treasure all the pictured albums, my enduring favoutites have aalways been T his is Sinatra, 1 and 2.

Voume 1 contains some of the finest singing at Capitol, and Vol 2 has the wonderful Half as Lovely, an early classic, and the emergence of Nelson Riddle as a GREAT arranger. Time after Time, If You are but a Dream and the classic You forgot all th words and Crazy Love (and others) kept my attention for my entire life.

I would, however, not be without the singles collection.
    NICK
    Old School Teacher

WoW!

This is wonderful!
    Althought I have ALL OF THEM in LP I think is great for the people who haven't none of them.
    LOURDIE
    Frank Sinatra: You will be my music.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Thanks Bob, I think most are available on iTunes too, not sure about "Look To Your Heart" though..
    They're all on iTunes. Look To Your Heart has the same problem there as on Amazon: It's showing the cover image of the Reprise album That's Life; it must be a mistake by the distributor.

7. << I think is great for the people who haven't none of them. >>

Exactly! Thanks Bob for posting this thread, and to Capitol and all involved for making these classic albums available for those who would like to have them.

As I indicated to Bob yesterday, I did some digging and it seems that these releases sound just like the ones on the British EMI/Capitol 21 CD set, with the exception of "Forever Frank" which wasn't part of that box. On the "Love And Things!" album my favorite track is "Mr. Success" and it has that hollow, echo-y Duophonic sound, just like the British vinyl LP and CD issue. To a "T". The 4 CD Singles Collection set from 1996 is the best issue of that tune to date.

If you don't have these albums and have wanted them, here's your chance in MP3 format with original cover art!
    Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8

Thanks for posting!! Sweet info!!
    Jason

" I Can Only Give You Love That Last Forever!!! "

Hey! The All The Way cover is your image from your Frank listing web page!!! I always wondered where that was from! I've got $75 in gift certificates from Amazon... guess what I'm getting?
    Tutti a tavola a mangiare!

That is such good news! I'll have to check out Amazon today.

Even though it's a compilation, the All The Way album is in the top tier of my favorite albums of all time. In my opinion, it contains FS' best rendition of the title song, the flow of song selections is perfect. And, whether he did or not, it feels as though Mr. Sinatra had as much a hand in choosing the tracks and track order on this one as he did on his classic concept albums.
    David B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    They're all on iTunes. Look To Your Heart has the same problem there as on Amazon: It's showing the cover image of the Reprise album That's Life; it must be a mistake by the distributor.
    I did another search on iTunes, and I can't find it at all, even when just typing key words like"Sinatra Heart" or "Look To" for example, iTunes only comes up with two single releases of the song "Look To Your Heart"

Similar with "Sinatra Volume Two" it's there, but can't be searched as the full title, if I type in "Sinatra Two" it shows the album , if I type in the word "Volume" either with "Sinatra Two" or just with "Sinatra" no show.

Not good if you don't know.

12. I found it. It's odd that they should have the wrong album cover, Bob.

Smile Thank you Bob,

I will definitely check these out!
    LEATRICE (LEE) Fort Myers, Florida, USA
    Sinatra, Sinatra,Sinatra! Pray for Robin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hey! The All The Way cover is your image from your Frank listing web page!!! I always wondered where that was from!
    But mine has correctly-colored blue eyes, albeit Frank is facing the wrong way.

All good, Keeping the flame and more and more Frank available.
    Of course the physical form of CD is preferred by many (including me) but any Frank is true to the goals of this site, and is moving with the times and making his great music easily available to the millions of fans he has ahead of him!

Great to see more Frank available, even if it's only online. I have these albums on LP, except for Forever Frank. I only wish that The Rare Sinatra, which was included on the British box set, was also made available since it contains two alternate takes of The Song Is You and The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

Great. I can't order downloads from Amazon.com from Canada and Amazon.ca doesn't have the downloads.
    Gary
    Cha Bobba

thanks for this! I'm missing some of the 50's singles for sure, (many of them were on the 3 cd capitol set put out about 10 years ago)
    so this is very welcome....

I personally abhor mp3 and it's compressed sound, but I do think it's a great idea to have these songs available in this format on itunes or wherever, simply because that's what the young generation seem to prefer, so making the songs available in this way can only help keep the music alive by passing it to the next generation.
    Graham

The Definition of a Yorkshire Man is a Scotsman With all The Generosity Squeezed Out.

[QUOTE=Bob;887886]

Most of the tracks may also be found in The Complete Capitol Singles Collection.

As far as I know "If You Are But A Dream" is one track that is not available on CD.
    Gary
    Cha Bobba