Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More of Frankie's Recordings

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of "Colors of My Life"? I love that track and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Was "And I Love you SO" ever released to the general public? This was one of the late and great Perry Como's songs, correct ??
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Was "And I Love you SO" ever released to the general public?
    See Bob's posts from That Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I just received my copy of the bonus track CD from QVC, containing the single 4-minute song "And I Love You So."

This is absolutely magnificent! I can't stop listening to Frankie's rendition of this Don McLean pop hit. Gorgeous orchestration, arranged (again) by the late Bill Rogers, with great subtle guitar work (Jim Fox) and trombone solo (Eddie Morgan). I have to say it is my favorite of all the tracks on the full album. A wonderful bonus—well worth the extra cost from QVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Unfortunately, Rhino has not posted it on YouTube.

Bob.
    Here's the link to the QVC page, where it's no longer available: http://www.qvc.com/Frank-Sinatra-Jr....ct.E01126.html

This was one of the late and great Perry Como's songs, correct ??
    Yes, it was covered by Perry Como. Elvis Presley, among others, also recorded the song.
    Andrew

drats..I loved that song when Perry covered it and was hoping to listen to a Frankie version..maybe someday
    Amy

drats..I loved that song when Perry covered it and was hoping to listen to a Frankie version..maybe someday
    Frankie's version has been heard on Nancy For Frank (5/3/2009, 6/6/2010, 7/10/2011, 10/9/2011, 12/16/2012, 6/1/2014, 3/20/2016). Hopefully, Nancy will play it again.
    Last edited by AndrewT; 04-06-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    Andrew

"SERENADE IN BLUE" - U.S. Air Force Box Set

Serenade In Blue (Series 26) - U.S. Air Force Recruiting Service

6-LP Box Set: U.S. Air Force #71863~71868 (1973)
    Guest Stars: Frank Sinatra, Jr. (Program No. 329) and Kay Starr (Program No. 334), plus Clark Terry and Ethel Ennis (Program No. 332)

Frankie's studio recordings with the Airmen of Note ensemble: Disc 2, Side A
    "The World Is A Circle" (written by Burt Bacharach & Hal David)
    "Alone Again (Naturally)" (written by Gilbert O'Sullivan)
    "Spice" (written by Frank Sinatra, Jr.)

Andrew

Frankie's Italian Recordings

In commemoration of Frankie's birthday tomorrow (January 10th) and the 50th anniversary of his RCA Victor singles, this post recognizes his Italian recordings.

The September 2, 1967 issue of Billboard reported, "Frank Sinatra Jr. (RCA-Italiana) is due in Rome to record in Italian." Frankie would sing the Migliacci-Farina-Pintucci-penned "Quando tanti soldi avrò" with Piero Pintucci's Orchestra and Rossini Pinto's "E' questa la mia vita" with Amedeo Tommasi's Orchestra. The latter is a reworded cover of Brazilian vocalist Roberto Carlos' "Só vou gostar de quem gosta de mim" (with Italian translation by Gaspari).

At the time in the U.S., RCA Victor had released two singles by Frankie: Shadows On A Foggy Day / (As Long As You're Not In Love With Anyone Else) Why Don't You Fall In Love With Me (April 1967) and the recent Building With A Steeple / I've Been Lookin' (August 1967). The following year would bring Nothing Is More Important Than Love / I Want To Hear It From You (June 1968).

The Italian recordings appeared as an RCA Victor single (N 1533) in Italy.

An excerpt of "Quando tanti soldi avrò," the 45's A-side, was also featured on Auguri Dalla RCA Italiana [Greetings From RCA Italiana] promo sampler (RCA Italiana SPEC 7), one LP containing 56 tracks by various artists.

"E' questa la mia vita" was included on a Brazilian collection of Italian recordings, RCA Victor's Più Fortissimo (BBL-210) in 1968.

In Argentina, the recordings were retitled and flipped for Enamorado de quien me quiera / Cuando tenga dinero (RCA Victor 31A-1235).

"Quando tanti soldi avrò" is a beautiful recording with a striking a cappella intro.

Source: YouTube

Andrew

Thanks very much, Andrew.
    Pack a small bag....

9. We have a nice entry page dedicated to my brother for his birthday. I miss him so much.

10. You will NEVER stop missing him, Nancy. But it gets easier as time passes.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Young Love For Sale

LP: Reprise #R/RS-6178 (1965)
    Dropping in a better cover image of Frankie's first album:

And three additional relevant post links:

SFF Entry Pages —> Rememberance
    Official Sinatra Albums on YouTube! —> Frank Sinatra, Jr. Albums
    Official Sinatra Albums on Spotify —> Frank Sinatra, Jr. Albums

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 06-21-2017 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added Spotify thread link.

12. He looked so much like Frank, Sr in this photograph.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Trumpeter's Prayer - Louise Baranger Jazz Band
    CD: Summit #222 (1998)

Frank Jr. sings guest lead on 2 of 15 tracks:

I Only Want Some
    The Way She Makes Me Feel
    —> I Only Want Some, a song by Louise Baranger Jazz Band, Frank Sinatra Jr. on Spotify

—> The Way She Makes Me Feel, a song by Louise Baranger Jazz Band, Frank Sinatra Jr. on Spotify

Bob.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    Songs of Sinatra - Steve Tyrell
    CD: Hollywood Records #162550 (2005)

Frankie sings on 1 of 14 tracks:

The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else [duet with Steve Tyrell]
    —> The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else, a song by Steve Tyrell, Frank Sinatra Jr. on Spotify

Bob.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    The Sinatra Family Wish You A Merry Christmas
    LP: Reprise #FS-1026 (1969)
    CD: Artanis/DCC #ARZ-103-2 (1999)

Frankie sings on 4 of 10 tracks:

Some Children See Him [Frank Jr. solo]
    I Wouldn't Trade Christmas [with the Sinatra Family]
    The Bells Of Christmas (Greensleeves) [with the Sinatra Family]
    The 12 Days Of Christmas [with the Sinatra Family]
    —> Some Children See Him, a song by Frank Sinatra Jr. on Spotify

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.mascio View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a copy of "Colors of My Life"? I love that track and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!
    I would try Discogs. (ignore my original post)
    Just a kid from a small town nobody's ever heard of.

Departures

Okay, has anybody ACTUALLY heard the track "departures"? It isn't on my discography of Frankie's work, and not even BOB- the most thorough discographer that I've ever seen -wrote it on HIS list. so can SOMEBODY give me any information about this track?
    Just a kid from a small town nobody's ever heard of.

18. Landon, Why not buy the CD and let us know? It's not expensive:

Amazon.com Music —> Various Artists - United States of Avex Artists

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Landon Beeson View Post
    Okay, has anybody ACTUALLY heard the track "departures"? It isn't on my discography of Frankie's work, and not even BOB- the most thorough discographer that I've ever seen -wrote it on HIS list. so can SOMEBODY give me any information about this track?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    United States Of Avex Artists - Various Artists
    Avex CD Japan, AVCD-11907 (2001)

"Departures" [Frankie]
    Frankie's version of "Departures" is great. Here's an excerpt:

United States Of Avex Artists is a collection of then-recent Japanese hits covered by American artists. "Departures" had been a 1996 single by Japanese pop band Globe.

1. Departures (Frank Sinatra Jr.)
    2. Sakebi (Jason Scheff)
    3. Break Out! (Anna McMurphy)
    4. Seasons (Tata Vega)
    5. Give Me A Shake (Cindy Braggs)
    6. We Can't Stop The Music (Marilyn Martin)
    7. Movin' On (Nobody's Angel)
    8. Oasis (Jay Graydon)
    9. By Myself (Pauline Wilson)
    10. Time Goes By (Patrice Rushen)
    11. Overnight Sensation (Rachel Ham)
    Andrew

Thank you Andrew!!!