Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reelin' With Nancy: Soundtracks Gallery and Index

Film Music Magazine has chosen Stoker as "the top pick for March 2013."

In his review of the soundtrack, Daniel Schweiger singles out "Summer Wine" as one of the highlights:

"Extra Special: 'Stoker’s' song selections also brim with clever irony, among them Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood’s western jazz swing for 'Summer Wine' [...]"
    Andrew

Nancy's Bond soundtrack version of "You Only Live Twice" is included in Retrospective: The Music Of Mad Men (Original Series Soundtrack), to be released by Republic Records, in partnership with Chop Shop Records and Lionsgate Entertainment, on October 9, 2015. Nancy's recording was featured in "The Phantom" episode, the AMC TV series' season 5 finale (June 10, 2012).

Source: YouTube

The soundtrack collection is available for pre-order as a download (Amazon & iTunes) ...

... on vinyl and CD as a Barnes & Noble exclusive in the U.S. (as well as EU general retail editions) ...

... and as part of a Crosley Deluxe Turntable Bundle (limited to 200), consisting of a Mad Men-branded Crosley Executive turntable, limited-edition double-vinyl LP, and a digital download of the album.

Related Thread: Mad Men & You Only Live Twice
    Last edited by AndrewT; 04-12-2018 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Replaced obsolete YouTube link and added CD.
    Andrew

Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie Soundtrack

Nancy's recording of Jimmy Webb's "MacArthur Park," first issued on Shifting Gears (2013), is included on Rhino Records' Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie Soundtrack, to be released on CD and digital formats in July. Click on the logos for links to product pages.

Last edited by AndrewT; 06-10-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    Andrew

How cool is THAT! Brilliant, one film I'm really looking forward to. Looks like it's going to be great.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

"I Used To Think It Was Easy" in "Miss Stevens"

Recently released on DVD by The Orchard...

Miss Stevens: a 2016 motion picture starring Lily Rabe who won the SXSW Best Actress Special Jury Prize for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Stuck at a crossroads in her personal life, it falls on Miss Stevens to chaperone three of her students — Billy, Margot and Sam — on a weekend trip to a drama competition. Exploring the fine line between being a grown up and being a kid, MISS STEVENS is about students becoming teachers and teachers coming to realize that the messiness of youth never really goes away.

The soundtrack includes Nancy's soulful reading of Pat St. Clare's "I Used To Think It Was Easy" from the Woman LP.

I used to think it was easy honey
    I used to think it was all right
    I used to think it was simple enough
    Till scratching my way became my way of life

Three months prior to Woman, Bobby Darin had released his own version of "I Used To Think It Was Easy" on his eponymous final album in August 1972.

Andrew

"Full Metal Jacket" Dark-Green Vinyl

Reissued this year by Warner Bros. (603497860432) on 140g dark-green vinyl...

Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack...

...featuring Nancy's original recording of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'." The album had initially been released on black vinyl, CD and cassette in 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino.com
    The film’s soundtrack is an even split between classic songs of the era and the actual score for the film, which was written by Kubrick’s daughter, Vivian, using the pseudonym “Abigail Mead.” Among the non-score tunes are such tunes as “Hello Vietnam” (Johnny Wright), “Chapel of Love” (The Dixie Cups), “Wooly Bully” (Sam The Sham and the Pharaohs), “I Like It Like That” (Chris Kenner), “These Boots Were Made For Walking” (Nancy Sinatra), and “Surfin’ Bird” (The Trashmen), plus the decidedly appropriate “Marines’ Hymn,” performed by The Goldman Band. For your additional entertainment, FULL METAL JACKET has been pressed on dark green vinyl. It’s hard to say that it’s fun, given the topic of the film, but it’s certainly an appropriate color.

Rhino Records article: "Summer Soundtracks: Full Metal Jacket" (June 22, 2018).
    Andrew

7. I remember sending Kubrick a telegram saying, "I've heard a rumor you may use a song of mine in your film. I hope you do." It was an honor to be even a small part of one of his projects.

"Somethin' Stupid" in "Dancing On Ice" (ITV)

On last night's Dancing On Ice (February 10, 2019) in the U.K.: Melody Thornton and Alexander Demetriou skating to Nancy & Frank's "Somethin' Stupid."

Andrew

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Big smile here!
    Pack a small bag....

"Kill Bill Vol. 1" on "Best Movie Soundtracks" List

Kill Bill Vol. 1 Original Soundtrack was recently selected by Town & Country magazine as one of "The 18 Best Movie Soundtracks to Listen to, Even If You Haven't Seen the Movie."

Quote Originally Posted by townandcountrymag.com: by Chloe Foussianes (February 19, 2019)
    Too often, the music accompanying a film feels like an afterthought—a few songs tacked on to heighten the mood, a ballad to tie a montage together. But in these 18 movies, that's thankfully not the case; the audio is integral, sometimes even overshadowing the visuals with a masterful compilation. Check out the 18 best movie soundtracks below.

Kill Bill just wouldn't be what it is without its eclectic soundtrack. Whether it's Nancy Sinatra crooning "Bang bang, he shot me down," or The 5.6.7.8's rocking out to "Woo Hoo," these songs make the scenes they're in.
    Andrew