Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254
Results 5,061 to 5,065 of 5065

Thread: Bakers Dozen Game

1. Name thirteen words from Frank Sinatra song lyrics you've had to look up in a dictionary (and their definitions as well as the songs from whence they come):

1. sacroiliac
    2. terpsichore
    3. gossamer
    4. ennui
    5. trice
    6. ciribiribin
    7. Moulmein
    8. Bendel bonnet
    9. lorgnette
    10. habanera
    11. skull
    12. hoodoo

hoodoo : A folk magic tradition, a mixture of Voodoo and folk traditions with its source in the Deep South; usually involves charms, potions, spells, etc. From "Day In–Day Out" ("same old hoodoo follows me about"), a song which FS recorded three times for Capitol with different charts.

Day In - Day Out, a song by Frank Sinatra on Spotify (Axel Stordahl ballad version)
    Day In - Day Out, a song by Frank Sinatra on Spotify (Nelson Riddle ballad version)
    Day In - Day Out, a song by Frank Sinatra on Spotify (Billy May uptempo version)

Source: YouTube

Bob.

Forget how it's spelled, "Chababa?" Someone uses it in their signature.
    It's not a lyric but an exclamation after the last note is sung.
    When You're Here, It's Family
    Twitter: @GijLyons

3. 04-23-2006, 08:30 AM #28
    midnitemind
    midnitemind is offline Silver Member

Angina

Dear Nancy, thank you for your question. I can only pass on what the doctors explained to me.
    The "stable angina" that I had was caused by blockages in the coronay arteries and had been controlled by medication. This stable angina would be brought on by exertion or excitement and in my case it was a dull sickening feeling in my left arm which was relieved using nitroglycerin spray.
    The "unstable angina" that I began to experienced and reported to the doctors was essentially the same feeling in my left arm and was relieved by the nitro spray but it occurred for no good reason. I gather the source for these occurrences was that the blockages had increased in my coronary arteries.
    I was told by my doctors that if left untreated I had a 45-50 percent chance of having an "event" within a year. That's medical talk for a heart attack which, at the least, could severly damage my heart.
    I opted for bypass surgery. With four new pipes I should be able to avoid any angina, have far less risk of an "event" and I hope more energy.
    Thanks for your interest and I hope that my experience will be helpful to others.
    Love you to pieces,
    Gary

Gary
    Cha Bobba
    Don't know if this was Gary's last post or not. Haven't had time to search.

06-11-2017, 12:47 PM
    Thread: New "Sinatra 100" DVD Releases
    by midnitemind

Replies
    Views

It would be interesting if the version of Body...

It would be interesting if the version of Body And Soul recorded for LA Is My Lady was included as an extra.
    Found this one just now.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

4. Quote Originally Posted by George Lyons View Post
    Forget how it's spelled, "Chababa?" Someone uses it in their signature.
    It's not a lyric but an exclamation after the last note is sung.
    Gary from Ontario (—> midnitemind) uses "Cha Bobba" as his sig. It's how he hears the ending of "All of You" from Trilogy: The Past. See: —> Let's predict Frank's songs (post #37). (Personally, it sounds to me like "Yo' Mama!", if not a shout out to yours truly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Don't know if this was Gary's last post or not. Haven't had time to search.
    Gary just visited the evening before last (June 26).

Bob.
    Last edited by Bob in Boston; 06-28-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Added the "shout out to Bobby" bit.

"Yo Momma??" You're killing me, Bob. Thanks for clarifying it, Nancy!
    When You're Here, It's Family
    Twitter: @GijLyons