Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FRANK SINATRA : THE REPRISE YEARS [UMG CD & DVD Box Set] 2010 

FRANK SINATRA : THE REPRISE YEARS [UMG CD & DVD Box Set] 2010

A Massive 38 piece Compact Disc and DVD box set from the Universal Music Group covering the Reprise era of Frank's output; released November 2010.

Universal Music Group : Product EAN No. 0602527513768

CD Content...

• Ring-a-Ding Ding!
    • Swing Along with Me
    • I Remember Tommy
    • Sinatra & Strings
    • Sinatra and Swingin Brass
    • Great Songs from Great Britain
    • All Alone
    • Sinatra–Basie
    • The Concert Sinatra
    • Sinatra's Sinatra
    • Days of Wine and Roses, Moon River and Other Academy Award Winners
    • America, I Hear You Singing
    • It Might As Well Be Swing
    • Softly, As I Leave You
    • Sinatra '65
    • September of My Years
    • My Kind of Broadway
    • A Man and His Music (Double CD)
    • Strangers in the Night
    • Moonlight Sinatra
    • That’s Life
    • Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
    • The World We Knew
    • Francis A. & Edward K.
    • The Sinatra Family Wish You a Merry Christmas
    • Cycles
    • My Way
    • A Man Alone
    • Watertown
    • Sinatra & Company
    • Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back
    • Some Nice Things I’ve Missed
    • Trilogy: Past, Present & Future (Double CD)
    • She Shot Me Down
    • L.A. Is My Lady

DVD Content...

• A Man And His Music – Trilogy

Product comprises a black linen covered box with blue velvet flock which contains all standard versions of 35 studio albums released through the 'Reprise Years' series, a DVD and a book about the Reprise recordings and details of each album. All albums will be packaged in wallet style sleeve editions for this remarkable, elegant box set.

35 reprise CD albums (totalling 37 compact discs) plus the single disc DVD entitled "A Man And His Music - Trilogy" a remastered collection of Frank Sinatra's NBC A Man And His Music TV specials ....

A Man And His Music
    A Man And His Music (Part II)
    A Man And His Music + Ella + Jobim

presented on a region code free single disc DVD with brand new remastered audio.

Frank Sinatra : The Reprise Years

3. Thanks, Marty.

Talking

Looks like there are a total of 38 discs in the Sinatra Reprise Catalog. Perhaps someone else could check, I am away on business at the moment. It would be wonderful if UMG would release a box set/ suitcase set with all of the Reprise catalog! Most of the unavailable content from the Reprise suitcase could probably be put on an additional cd as well.
    F.X.
    When You're Smilin!

It appears that actually is the plan Francis, The Reprise Years boxset has appeared on Amazon Germany, but with no real details other than that it says "38 disc box set". I actually count 39 Reprise albums, plus another 6 with other artists (The Reprise Repetory Theater 4, Seven Hoods soundtrack and 12 songs of Christmas) plus 2 conducting ones. In addition, 2 of the 39 are double discs - Trilogy and Man and his Music which would mean it would have to be a 41 disc set. As you point out there's also at least 2 discs worth of non album material.

Still, time will tell, Im excited about this box which appears more than a rumour and due out in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    A Massive 38 Disc box set from the Universal Music Group covering the Reprise era of Frank's output to be released on 19th November 2010.

Details, cover image and thread to follow.

but of course....feel free to speculate.
    This is wonderful! WOW!
    LOURDIE
    Frank Sinatra: You will be my music.

Wow...

To quote Frank Barrone (from Everybody Loves Raymond)

Holy Crap!

Let me throw something out there...is there anybody who is considering selling the suitcase and upgrading to this? Will the suitcase now lose some of its market value?

Glad to see this kind of stuff going on. I thought cool boxes like this were of the past.

No, the suitcase is a different animal to this, ie it was all the Reprise works chronologically, this won't be the same format. Similarly the suitcase was uniquely mastered, these aren't as in with a couple of exceptions they've been out there before. My only speculation (and I don't want to fill the thread up with them as we'll know soon enough) is if all the reprise tracks will be here ie an additional disc or 2 mopping up the songs that weren't on albums (so the ones only available on the suitcase). Details are very sparse, we can't even be sure its actually 38 discs, and some listings make no mention of a DVD. Patience is a virtue as they say....

Totally agree with you though that I thought we'd seen the last of big boxes. Great that we haven't. Now Capitol...pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Bradley78 View Post
    It appears that actually is the plan Francis, The Reprise Years boxset has appeared on Amazon Germany, but with no real details other than that it says "38 disc box set". I actually count 39 Reprise albums, plus another 6 with other artists (The Reprise Repetory Theater 4, Seven Hoods soundtrack and 12 songs of Christmas) plus 2 conducting ones. In addition, 2 of the 39 are double discs - Trilogy and Man and his Music which would mean it would have to be a 41 disc set. As you point out there's also at least 2 discs worth of non album material.

Still, time will tell, Im excited about this box which appears more than a rumour and due out in November.
    Just a guess, but maybe UMG will put more than one album on each disc to save space. Like what's happening on the Concert Collection DVD box set.

I'm interested in finding out more info and especially what's on the DVD(s) in this box set.
    Allen
    "Could start for the corner... turn up in Spain... why try to change me now..."

10. Whatever it contains it's verrrrry exciting! I can't wait to see how cool the box looks, it's going to be torture waiting for more details.

German Amazon has it listed as "Frank Sinatra the Reprise Years."

Is this getting any clearer?
    Rob

Smile

It should be interesting, if it UMG then I pressume it will be released in the UK but not USA. So it will be ok for me people like myself in the UK but it might be a costly import for some of our American fans.

Nancy perhaps this could be the next prize on the forum to save one of our American friends from a costly import?

I had a quick look on the Reprise list

https://sinatrafamily.com/forum/show...916#post973916

There are 36 there on that list, if I can count correctly plus Main Event and Sands and whollah!

UPDATE: 35 Just noticed the Greatest Hits 2 UK LP, so ignore that one.

I imagine they will be what they have been steadily re releasing in one box.

Quick question the discs that were reissued by UMG as the 98 EOTC version are they louder than the other re releases that were not in the EOTC collection. I just wondered if all 38 would have roughly the same volume level?

It will be interesting to see how it is packaged and whether the individual liner notes would be intact.
    David

My Reprise "Wish List"

This project sounds fantastic ...just can't imagine the contents of a 38disc set. Also sounds that it will cost more than a few bucks -- I'll start saving.

When I discuss Reprise, I always mention my "holy grail" -- the 119-page book that accompanies the "Frank Sinatra: The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings" boxed set. I've turned over my house, and just can't find it. I've contacted Reprise numerous times, and don't get any reply. So...if any SFFer knows someone who would like to sell that book, I would happily buy it! My email address is: Stan868@hotmail.com -- You could, to paraphrase the great musical by Jule Styne, Betty Comden & Adolph Green, "Make Someone VERY Happy!." Thanks!
    Stanley

I really like the discography in the book, but thought the one in Nancy's book better. I remember being terrible disappointed in the suitcase book. I wonder what will be in this one.

A few months ago Sony released the complete Miles Davis on Columbia, and I absolutely loved the book in that one.

Sorry to hear that Stanley. My only suggestion is to see if you can find the cheaper (ie non suitcase) version of the box on ebay, it doesn't always go for silly money, the books are identical for both. I have both versions but Im afraid I wouldn't split the set up.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if the box packaged the disc's in mini LP sleeves, like the Complete Miles Davis box (which is a pretty cool- and cheap collection) If they just put 38 jewel boxed cd's in a box I'd likely stick with what I have. Need details!!!

This Set contains also a DVD? proably a TV Special?

any sugestions,Marty?

We don't know it does. Some early listings say DVD some don't.

I just had an offer accepted on a house...I think I'll try to incorporate this into the closing costs. Nobody will notice.

20. The CD's will be in wallet sleeves not jewel boxes.