Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,221 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: What the Climate Crisis Looks Like

1. This is such a terrible mistake. We'll have to start all over again once this jerk is gone.

We either bite the bullet today or it bites us tomorrow.
    Pack a small bag....

Why not let California go all coal and the Midwest coal-fired plants have to have their stacks horizontal at ground level? At least that'll give the coal people a taste of their own medicine.
    Out of the tree of life, I picked me a plum

4. Name:  fire2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  23.4 KB

What the climate crisis looks like, for real.

Terrible.
    Rhoda

And there used to be a ballpark right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    What the climate crisis looks like, for real.
    Yup. It's ugly! And this is just the beginning.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHOU View Post
    Yup. It's ugly! And this is just the beginning.
    Before the creation of the EPA, we were shooting ourselves in the foot, literally. There was a standing joke that breathing the air in Newark, NJ was the equivalent of smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day. There used to be "substance" in the air we breathed. Never thought we'd bring in an administration that wanted to take us back to those days.

Mr. Trump and his administration would no doubt call this 'fake news':

Drought and Heat, Worsened by Humans, Help Fuel California Fires

but its not fake to those living it.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." -- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

This may be off-topic for here, but.........I came across an article this past weekend that describes an encounter between Frank and Trump back in 1990, when
    Frank was booked for 12 performances for the opening of the Taj Mahal. Trump called Frank's compensation too high and wanted to re-negotiate. he also supposedly cut Sammy out of the deal, as well as Steve and Edie. According to the biographer, Frank's reaction when he got wind of it was classic. Bottom line is Frank performed at the Sands in Vegas those days.
    Last edited by Joe Szulczewski; 10-11-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Edit typo

Joe, Bob in Boston talked about this here: https://sinatrafamily.com/forum/show...88#post1256488

11. Actually started: —> here

Bob.

Thanks. Saw the printed article on Yahoo.

Link to the article that led to the skit:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/frank-sin...?.tsrc=fauxdal

14. Joe, That's not the original article, and it contains mistakes. This has been discussed in the members-only thread I linked. Not really climate related.

Bob.