Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All Frank Friday

All Frank Friday

Siriusly Sinatra, channel 71 on Sirius/XM radio, now has all-Frank, all-day on the first Friday of every month. They'll play only Frank's music. I love it!
    Kindness is a mark of faith. Whoever is not kind, has no faith ~ Muhammad

Happy to hear that they'll play all-Frank's music starting this Friday. Today is also my Mom's birthday and she is a big lover of Sinatra's music and I'll listen today to channel 71 and celebrate two wonderful events..
    Last edited by Nancy; 01-03-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: changed here to hear

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Siriusly Sinatra, channel 71 on Sirius/XM radio, now has all-Frank, all-day on the first Friday of every month. They'll play only Frank's music. I love it!
    Dina, I send you my ears so I can listen it me too !!
    All The Way

4. What a nice way to be snowed-in. FRANK, hot tea and a good book.

"First Friday with Frank" on Sirius, WOW! Sinatra - ALL DAY!!! I love it 'cause we haven't had anything like a Friday with Frank since Sid Mark departed WWDB F.M. in Philly (after they changed the station format to all talk). We just finished listening to "The Chairman's Hour," which ended at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time. It's like Frank's birthday all over again! What a great idea! Would love to see it happen every Friday (not just the first Friday of the month). Gee, "First Friday!" It has such a religious sound to it!!
    Sicilia forever
    "Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

I would like it that way everyday with limited guest singers (maybe 2 an hour). My 2 cents.

Jayeff

Quote Originally Posted by jayeff View Post
    I would like it that way everyday with limited guest singers (maybe 2 an hour). My 2 cents.

Jayeff
    That's what I originally thought the channel would be at first... But I have since discovered many great singers I never knew about before... Like Steve Tyrell. I just signed on to see if there was a mention about why it was all Frank today... Loving it!
    Tutti a tavola a mangiare!

8. Can't be done, folks. We'd have to get waivers all the time and that is difficult to do.

I am listening now It,s nice to go travelling
    Frank Forever

10. Right now "The Gypsy"

11. All Frank the first Friday of each month.

It is great he is talking & telling jokes great stuff
    Frank Forever

I remember when I was in grade school the Sisters had us write about what heaven was like...

...this is, I think, it.

It was a great show listing while I was in the chat room
    Frank Forever

15. The first Friday in February is the 7th.

It just can't get any better than this(except, of course, to expand the policy to include additional all-Frank days, which I expect to see -- and hear -- throughout 2015!)!!
    Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Dougjr View Post
    I remember when I was in grade school the Sisters had us write about what heaven was like...

...this is, I think, it.
    Post of the Day Award !!

Pack a small bag....

I LOVED the ALL FRANK FRIDAY and cannot wait until the next one! Really great!!
    Laurie Vassallo
    Frank's music changed my life...no, no they can't take that away from me!

This is good news. I just love hearing Sinatra songs on the radio. I love hearing which songs are being selected, I like hearing stories about Frank, etc.

I wonder if there are any work arounds? For instance can you go mostly all Frank if you went heavy on the Reprise recordings? The Reprise trunk plus the live recordings still has a ton of material. Also, maybe going heavier on the Dean and Sammy (when needing to play other artists) to capture more of the Rat Pack essence? Also, it would be cool if there could be more celebrity sound bytes telling Frank stories. Either way I would maximize as much Frank as legally/feasibly possible. I guess I too was spoiled with Sid Mark in the Philadelphia market. Sorry I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything. I treasure so many wonderful things that have been made available and I am forever grateful. I just love Frank and only through his God given talent, has given other artists a tall mountain to climb when it comes to the great American songbook for me.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    We ROCKED a romance to the Castle Rock!

Just realized that tomorrow is the first Friday of the month of March which means it will be All Frank Friday on Siriusly Sinatra! I can't wait...I LOVE this and look forward to it each month!
    Last edited by Laurie; 03-07-2014 at 05:39 AM.
    Laurie Vassallo
    Frank's music changed my life...no, no they can't take that away from me!