Thread: Six Degrees of Frank Sinatra

Six Degrees of Frank Sinatra

I was browsing through the game threads and didn't find this so hope it's ok...this is the same concept as six degrees of Kevin Bacon except we're using Frank. The idea is to link an actor or actress to Frank via movies in six steps or less. For instance - Jet Li.

1. Jet Li was in The Expendables with Mickey Rourke
    2. Mickey Rourke was in Barfly with Faye Dunaway
    3. Faye Dunaway was in The First Deadly Sin with Frank.

And then after you link an actor with Frank you list a new name for the next poster to link and so on. Got it? But try not to pick someone who was in a movie with Frank because that would be too easy; only one step. Ok, I'll begin:

Helena Bonham Carter.

Hhhm...I was in an airport once, typical 8-12 hour delay or something like that so I struck up a conversation with a group of people there. It was pleasant and eventually one of them started up a game of 'Six Degrees of Hugh Grant'. Now if only that game could have garnered a similar response...

I wanted to have a go Matthew but my brain started to hurt, I'm not clever enough.
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

4. Matthew, this is very clever and while it may be banked on the runway for the moment, I hope it eventually takes off.

Frank, I "get". Big time.

Bacon? Never. He's a local. He comes on the televison plugging for his "back yard", pushing stupid little overpriced novelties such as New Hope (I call it "no hope") and its playhouse. Despite his grandiose ego, he represents nothing.

I couldn't care less that his ancestors arrived on the Mayflower (boring), and as an actor I find him at best mediocre.
    Last edited by johnofphilly; 04-10-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

5. Well, Bonham-Carter was in the King's Speech. Another movie was made, the King and I. A song came out of that "I Have Dreams". Frank recorded it.

I think I made it in less than six.
    Last edited by johnofphilly; 04-10-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    ......pick yourself up...... ......dust yourself off...... ......start all over again...... (my e-mail)

OK, Matthew, I think I've got it:
    Helena Bonham Carter was in Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp was in Don Juan DeMarco with Marlon Brando
    Marlon Brando was in Guys and Dolls with Frank

I can't think of a name to start a new one, sorry.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Eilie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by johnofphilly View Post
    Well, Bonham-Carter was in the King's Speech. Another movie was made, the King and I. A song came out of that "I Have Dreams". Frank recorded it.

I think I made it in less than six.
    Lol you definitely did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    OK, Matthew, I think I've got it:
    Helena Bonham Carter was in Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp was in Don Juan DeMarco with Marlon Brando
    Marlon Brando was in Guys and Dolls with Frank

I can't think of a name to start a new one, sorry.
    Awesome, Dina! I didn't even think of that...I think the connection I had in mind had more steps. But Jet Li and HBC are good examples for the game because they're more modern and therefore harder to link to Frank. If anyone else wants to come up with actors then that's fine.

How about Gene Hackman?

Ok...im going to try..

Gene Hackman starred in "The Conversation", where he acted alongside Frederic Forrest, who again played in "Apocalypse Now" with Marlon Brando who starred alongside Frank Sinatra in "Guys and Dolls". Maybe there are other links, but that was the one I found now

How about...Kevin Spacey?

1. Kevin Spacey was in L.A. Confidential w/Russel Crowe
    2. Russel Crowe was in A Beautiful Mind w/Ed Harris
    3. Ed Harris was in Coma w/Richard Widmark
    4. Richard Widmark was in Judgment at Nuremberg w/Burt Lancaster
    5. Burt Lancaster in From Here to Eternity w/Frank

That was tough! Had to think for a minute or two.

How about...Peter Capaldi?

Peter Capaldi's actually a difficult link so I'll try to get it out of the way...

1. Peter Capaldi was in Dangerous Liaisons w/Michelle Pfeiffer
    2. Michelle Pfeiffer was in Scarface w/Al Pacino
    3. Al Pacino was in The Godfather w/Richard Conte
    4. Richard Conte in Ocean's 11 w/Frank