Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Siriusly Sinatra

Siriusly Sinatra

I hear a Voice not familiar to me...I hear a song with feelings...I take a look at my PC and it reads Jack Jones...singing "Who Cares"... What makes me stop what I am doing then listten is these fabulous songs sung by artists with beautiful voices almost forgotten by me...Stop and listen that is what Siriusly Sinatra has done for me..Appreciate the artists work ...
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

2. Me, too. Afraid I'll miss something good if I turn off.

Carole, the other night Gloria Estefan was talking about Frank. My Way and Nancy' s Boots Are Made For Walking" was Gloria's choice. "My Way" is a favorite of Lenny's and 'Boots' is a favorite of mine, good choices for a late night treat....

One of the truly marvelous things about Siriusly Sinatra is (and June's post should be piggybacked onto this one)), when you hear something great, you find the entire album on Amazon, and that "something great" becomes TWELVE "something greats," and you can purchase it for your collection! The problem comes when the album is "no longer available," or the song is a single, and not part of an album! In other words, Siriusly Sinatra opens pages of The Great American Songbook "time after time!"
    Stanley

5. Stanley, you may be able to purchase "single" songs on Amazon Cloud.

We listen every day and every night...

7. so do I.

From Scott Greenstein, CEO of Sirius/XM Radio:

When we first started as a [paid] subscription service, we were able to look at [celebrities] from all walks of life -- Marky Ramone, Tony Hawk, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Barbara Walters, Phil Jackson and Nancy Sinatra among them -- who had never done radio before and they turned out to be interesting hosts. I also learned from indie movies to let talent and content do their thing and then figure out how to market it.
    FWIW, Nancy has actually done radio before, not as a host as I recall, but she was a weekly guest on a local (Los Angeles) radio station for a year or so back in the early 2000s.
    Pack a small bag....

Nancy's voice is inviting and captivating along with interesting...Her warm and informative program is a perfect match for a Sirius listener. For me, a perfect Sunday afternoon goodie...

Scott Greenstein's choice is right on.....:

10. I agree, June.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

I only wish they played a bit more frank some of these new "poppy" singers just agitate me. I don't care much for them.

12. I wish it was First Friday every Friday.

My favorite song.

Last friday of the month on Sirius radio is "Third Generation " hosted by A..J. The broadcast Is joyful and full of love...I wanted more....just listen to her. I love it !

Think Nancy..

"Third Generation" splendid show last night..Thank you A .J.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    "Third Generation" splendid show last night..Thank you A .J.
    I absolutely agree, June. I always enjoy A.J.'s show and it was really superb last night! Thanks so much A.J.
    Laurie Vassallo
    Frank's music changed my life...no, no they can't take that away from me!

17. I heard it for the second time (Fri and Wed). A. J. has grown as a host.

My favorite song.

"A Man And His Music part 2"............Perfect sound coming through my computer..Amazing......

Nancy, singing "Bang Bang "......wonderful ! Wonderful !

Was driving tonight at about 7:45 EDT, and heard Frank Sinatra & the McGuire Sisters singing "Something's Gotta Give!" What a treat!!! I've never heard it before. My guess is it's probably from a '50's television show. Siriusly Sinatra never ceases to amaze me! Great new surprises, almost everyday!
    Sicilia forever
    "Living Well Is The Best Revenge"