Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Siriusly Sinatra

1. Ultimate Christmas Special

While driving long distance in Thanksgiving Day holiday traffic yesterday, I was treated (twice) to a new “Ultimate Christmas” special on Sirius/XM.

With conversation by Tina Sinatra and Charles Pignone, this hour+ broadcast was devoted primarily to the new Christmas album, with some discussion at the end of Tina's selections for Baby Blue Eyes.

I imagine this program will be in heavy rotation on Siriusly Sinatra until Christmas.

Bob.

I'm listening to The Chairman's Hour on Siriusly Sinatra and it's a recording of a concert or TV show with Frank and Perry Como. It sounds like it's probably from the late 1980's. Bob (or anyone else) do you know where it's from? It's really great!
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Eilie Wiesel

Thank you, Andrew! I didn’t think I’d heard it before but now I remember reading about the White House performance. I’m sorry it’s not available on CD or DVD but it was wonderful to be able to hear it today.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Eilie Wiesel

Listening to Siriusly Sinatra...xo
    Forever Frank ~ Forever Betty ~ Forever Dina ~ Forever Bobbysoxer

Sleep Warm

Last edited by June; 05-20-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Listening to Siriusly Sinatra
    Nancy Remembers Doris Day xo
    Cozy 71

7. I heard it too.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

Listening to The Chairman’s Hour..
    Cozy 71
    Listening to Frank singing, is a new day with warm memories...xo
    Always in my heart....

I got out early to run errands for our trip to visit Arlen in Cary-Raleigh-Durham next week. Somehow I expected a special "First Frank Saturday" for June 1 -- waiting 'til next Friday seems "unfair," but I guess those are the "rules of the road!" We'll be all ears heading down 95!
    Stanley

Nothing makes the miles pass more quickly than FS and Sirius-71
    Pack a small bag....

Ace, I can honestly say that my "proudest achievements" over the last ten years or so is having convinced ALL of Eunice's mah jongg and Canasta friends to purchase a Sirius-XM Radio System. When I started to try and "sell" them on the idea, I said I'd be happy if two of each group made a purchase. Once the initial two had done so, and were so happy with 71-72-5-6-116-118-127, it was "easy" to convince the others. Most of the girls love the Broadway musicals, and I used Channel 72 to "start the ball rolling." Of course, they knew about 71 and my ardor for "all things Sinatra" and TGAS, since I played 71 very loudly when the games were played in our house. CNN & MSNBC fell into place around 2015. Progress 127 with The Stephanie Miller Show proved a terrific complementary channel to 116 & 118. And the Fifties and Sixties channels bring back the music of their "wonder" years. I've "marketed" 71 as "must listening," because it's in such stark contrast to the "sounds" heards on SNL, "The Voice," "American Idol," and the other entertainment reality shows! At this point, I am now targeting my fellow gin rummy players...
    Stanley

Cozy 71

13. I am also listening to Siriusly Sinatra as I create a recipe. Somehow Frank makes food taste better.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

Nancy singing, “For Once In My Life”
    Sings her heart out...xo

Frank singing, “We’ll Meet Again”
    Thinking of you Bobbysoxer. Sleep warm..xo

At about 11:15 today, I heard one of Frank's most glorious tracks -- "Some Enchanted Evening" -- recorded in July,'63 as part of the Reprise Broadway Rep set (he also recorded a fabulous duet w Rosemary Clooney at the same recording session). Frank's solo is absolutely "pitch perfect" in every way -- his voice is spectacular, the arrangement is great, and the orchestra is also perfect! It should be required listening for all aspiring singers. For Frank lovers, it's a sublime musical moment! And then there's the HB Barnum-arranged "...Evening" from "World We Knew," of which the axiom, "the less said the better," is most apropos...
    Stanley

Cozy 71
    Frank singing, “You’re Stepping On My Toes”
    Frank/Tommy Dorsey

Cozy 71
    Frank singing, “The House I Live In”
    Where it all began for me P.S.100 Brooklyn, N.Y.

All Frank Friday
    Cozy 71
    “When Your Lover Has Gone”
    Feeling the lonely heart...xo
    “ I Couldn’t Care Less”
    “Just Friends” xo
    “Nancy With The Laughing Face” xo
    “Someone To Watch Over Me” when I hear Frank singing this song...always, always, think of Nancy who tributes her Dad every single day...
    Last edited by June; 08-02-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added song