Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reissue of "My Father's Daughter"

I have two copies of this one already, but will be hanging out for the new foreword and afterword!

FOREWORD & AFTERWORD were worth the re-purchase. I bought the 'original' 3 times!
    yvette (from jersey)

Don't ask why it took me this long to read Tina's book, but I just finished it and it is wonderful. I can't imagine that it was easy to write, but it is nice among all the representations of the public figure to be reminded of the private man -- husband, father, friend. A very emotional read. Thank you, Tina.

4. I agree. Read the original several years ago. The reissue with new information is high on my "to read" list. I generally read fiction.
    A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

My favorite song.

I just finished rereading Tina's book - for the 3rd time! Of course, though, I had to buy the reissue! So that is what I read the 3rd time. I am moved each time I read this book. Tears and all! A book to treasure, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I just finished rereading Tina's book - for the 3rd time! Of course, though, I had to buy the reissue! So that is what I read the 3rd time. I am moved each time I read this book. Tears and all! A book to treasure, for sure.
    I agree Jodi, one of those books you just can't put down. I too have read it many times and it never fails to bring tears. Written from the heart.

I can see the book now from where I'm sitting placed at the front in my Sinatra cabinet, Tina's looking up at her Dad, so adorably, such a cute photo.
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

I found a copy in my favorite bookstore this afternoon. Can't wait to get into it.
    Greg
    "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott

I've been reading this after getting it from my local library, and now that I've gotten to the meat of the "Barbara Sinatra" section of the book, I almost can't finish it. I feel so much sadness, and anger for Frank seeing what Barbara did to him and turned him into. She is a truly sickening woman, if this book is to be believed, which of course I believe it is.

I'll never be able to watch or listen to another 80s/90s Sinatra concert without knowing that him being on that stage was some of his only solace away from what was basically his captor.

Frank, I'm so sorry you had this happen to you.

And to his children: I'm so sorry she robbed those final years from you...

...Now to try and stomach the rest of this book and this truly wretched woman...

Thank you Tina for telling us the truth.