Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Daniel's Announces Sinatra Century

Jack Daniel's Announces Sinatra Century

Photo Courtesy: Jack Daniels
    Jack Daniel's Announces Sinatra Century
    In Celebration Of Frank Sinatra's 100th Birthday

The Newest Ultra-Premium Limited Edition Expression is a Salute to a Century of Sinatra

LYNCHBURG, Tenn., Oct. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jack Daniel Distillery announces today the upcoming nationwide release of Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century, the brand's latest collaboration with the Sinatra Family to celebrate The Chairman of the Board's Centennial. Hitting shelves October 1, Sinatra Century is the latest ultra-premium whiskey from the Jack Daniel's family to commemorate Jack and Frank's special friendship. As a limited edition expression, only 100 barrels of Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century are being made available in individually numbered bottles making each as unique as the man to which it's attributed.

The relationship between Frank Sinatra and Jack Daniel's is legendary, special and authentic and one that still holds strong to this day. First recommended by friend Jackie Gleason, the Tennessee Whiskey quickly became Sinatra's signature drink. During performances, he kept a glass of Jack Daniel's on a nearby stool on stage. It was his drink of choice at bars in his favorite cities, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Chicago, Miami and (of course) New York.

Master Distiller Jeff Arnett created Sinatra Century through the careful selection of specially crafted barrels. Tasting his custom selections with the Sinatra family, he sought a bold, refined flavor that is befitting Sinatra's legacy.

"At the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, we worked very hard to achieve a special flavor and aroma for Sinatra Century in order to give Frank a proper 100th birthday gift," says Arnett. "This meant working with the people who knew him the most, his family, and honoring the legacy that he has shaped with our brand. We have created a product that we know the public will love just as much as Frank did."

Like all of Jack Daniel's expressions, Sinatra Century is crafted using the same cave spring water from the Jack Daniel's Hollow, proprietary yeast and charcoal-mellowing process that's been used in the distillery's nearly 150-year-old Tennessee Whiskey recipe. From there, the whiskey enters specially selected "Sinatra" barrels hand-picked by Master Distiller Jeff Arnett. In those barrels, the liquid is exposed to extra layers of perfectly toasted oak through a grooving process only done at the Jack Daniel's Cooperage. This allows the ultra-premium whiskey to achieve a pleasantly smoky and rich oak aroma that Sinatra was known to adore.

Commenting on Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century, Frank Sinatra Jr. explains, "Sinatra Century is a fitting tribute to Dad and the perfect way to mark his centenary in December. Jack Daniel's was Dad's drink of choice, whether entertaining friends, or making new acquaintances. Therefore, it only seems right that we raise a toast of Sinatra Century to the musical legend as we celebrate what would have been his 100th birthday this year."

Sinatra Century, at 100 proof, is the Jack Daniel Distillery's second offering to commemorate Frank Sinatra. The first was Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select, a 90-proof premium Tennessee Whiskey with a bold, yet exceedingly smooth flavor profile. Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select was introduced in 2013.

This one-time, limited release of Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century will be available nationwide beginning early October 2015 and will be the only available selection of the whiskey. Each exclusive bottle will be enclosed in a luxury gift box inspired by the legendary singer's signature style. Additionally, the set will also offer a selection of previously unreleased Sinatra tracks, entitled "Sinatra Live at the Sands in 1966," to accompany the specially designed Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century bottle. The product will be priced approximately $499.99 per 1L.

Follow @JackDaniels_US or visit www.jackdaniels.com for more information.

About Jack Daniel's

Officially registered by the U.S. Government in 1866 and based in Lynchburg, Tenn., the Jack Daniel Distillery, Lem Motlow, proprietor, is the oldest registered distillery in the United States and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Jack Daniel's is the maker of the world-famous Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey, Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select and Jack Daniel's Country Cocktails.

About Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE)

Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE) is a joint venture between the Sinatra family and Warner Music Group. FSE owns Sinatra recordings from the Reprise era as well as a treasure trove of films, television specials and unreleased footage, photos and audio recordings, which collectively represent one of the foremost bodies of artistic work of the modern era. FSE also owns and manages Sinatra's name and likeness rights and represents the artist's rights to Columbia and Capitol catalogues. (www.sinatra.com).

I have a connection here in VA....only30 bottles to be released in the state. Hope to be able to get one. Fingers crossed....

3. Earlier thread —> Jack Daniels Sinatra Select - Interview with Frank Sinatra Jr (following post #56)

Bob.

4. Additionally, the set will also offer a selection of previously unreleased Sinatra tracks, entitled "Sinatra Live at the Sands in 1966," to accompany the specially designed Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century bottle.
    Any chance of a track listing?

Bob.

Got mine today. There are a few places on the internet where you can get a fairly good price. I paid $399 plus shipping. I travel TN and went to a few liquor stores and the prices range from $479 to $650 plus TN tax 9.5%. The Sands concert is really good. The packaging is great. It is a lot bigger than you think by the picture. Thanks.

Jeff
    Last edited by jac167; 10-30-2015 at 07:13 PM.

6. Please post the track listing with timings, Jeff! Thanks.

Bob.

7. The lack of specific details about the USB Sands concert is driving me to... drink.

Bob.

Im going through Heathrow in December but away for 6 weeks so Im not loving the idea of lugging that around for that time and where I'm flying back from is unlikely to stock it, so it needs to be pretty special to make it worth it. THe lack of any detail has ensured they havent made a sale with me anyway. Maybe more details at the launch event next month here where at least I'll get to taste it (the JD not the tie clip).

Overall, a beautifully packaged bottle - really something special. There is also a small hardback book, which is similar to the one found in the Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select box. The concert is on the tie clip/USB. As we know, it is a concert from when Frank was performing at The Sands in 1966. The specific date is not listed. I can tell you that the sound quality of this concert is great! Frank is in fairly good voice. The entire show is a little more "edgy" than the widely released live at The Sands. It is not one of the concerts on the Las Vegas Box Set. The track listing is essentially the same as the widely release concert, and is as follows:

1.) Come Fly With Me
    2.) I've Got a Crush on You
    3.) I've Got You Under My Skin
    4.) The September of My Years
    5.) Street of Dreams
    6.) Angel Eyes
    7.) Fly Me to the Moon
    8.) Monologue #1
    9.) You Make Me Feel So Young
    10.) The Shadow of Your Smile
    11.) Luck Be a Lady
    12.) It Was a Very Good Year
    13.) Where or When
    14.) My Kind of Town
    15.) Monologue #2
    16.) My Kind of Town (Reprise)

I've listened to it a few times already and it's really great! A nice comparison to the concert recording we all know and love. I'm going to wait until December 12th to open the bottle of Sinatra Century. Once I do, I'll be sure to post a review of the "nectar of the gods"!

Cheers!!

1.) Come Fly With Me 4:05
    2.) I've Got a Crush on You 3:26
    3.) I've Got You Under My Skin 3:28
    4.) The September of My Years 3:07
    5.) Street of Dreams 2:33
    6.) Angel Eyes 3:02
    7.) Fly Me to the Moon 2:53
    8.) Monologue #1 4:19
    9.) You Make Me Feel So Young 3:19
    10.) The Shadow of Your Smile 2:29
    11.) Luck Be a Lady 5:04
    12.) It Was a Very Good Year 4:02
    13.) Where or When 2:51
    14.) My Kind of Town 2:55
    15.) Monologue #2 6:26
    16.) My Kind of Town (Reprise) 1:38

11. Finally! Thanks, guys.

That track listing is actually much closer (but not identical) to the one in the —> Sinatra: Vegas box set than the original Sands album.

Bob.

12. Here is a comparison of the Sinatra: Vegas (Disc 2) and the new Jack Daniel's Sinatra Century track listings. Both are advertised as complete concerts, and both contain the same number of songs. There are two song substitutions on each: Blue track titles are unique to Sinatra: Vegas; red titles are unique to Sinatra Century.

01. 1:23 | ––––––– | Introduction
    02. 3:03 | 01. 4:05 | Come Fly With Me
    03. 2:59 | 02. 3:26 | I've Got a Crush on You
    04. 3:27 | 03. 3:28 | I've Got You Under My Skin
    05. 3:03 | 04. 3:07 | The September of My Years
    06. 2:13 | 05. 2:33 | Street of Dreams
    ––––––– | 06. 3:02 | Angel Eyes
    07. 2:46 | 07. 2:53 | Fly Me to the Moon
    08. 8:33 | 08. 4:19 | Monologue #1
    09. 3:16 | 09. 3:19 | You Make Me Feel So Young
    10. 2:40 | 10. 2:29 | The Shadow of Your Smile
    11. 2:26 | ––––––– | Get Me to the Church On Time
    12. 4:34 | 11. 5:04 | Luck Be a Lady
    13. 3:51 | 12. 4:02 | It Was a Very Good Year
    ––––––– | 13. 2:51 | Where or When
    14. 3:15 | ––––––– | Don't Worry 'bout Me
    15. 2:54 | 14. 2:55 | My Kind of Town
    16. 4:39 | 15. 6:26 | Monologue #2
    17. 1:44 | 16. 1:38 | My Kind of Town (Reprise)

Note that the original Sinatra at the Sands double-LP contained all of the songs on both of these concerts, except "Luck Be a Lady" (which was added as a bonus track on the 1998 CD), PLUS "One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)" (which does not appear in these two concerts). Also, at nearly 12 minutes, its first monologue was MUCH longer. An even longer 16-minute monologue appeared on the CD which accompanied The Sinatra Treasures book.

Bob.

Thanks For The Comparison

Great job, as always, Robert! Here's a question I was going to ask when we, hopefully, get together on the 11th: As everyone well knows by now, I'm "computer-illiterate"...is your computer 'programmed' with FrankFiles, so you 'just' click something, and a track-by-track listing of both those Sands concerts will appear? It's amazing to watch your info details pop up at THE right time, every time...as if by magic! I'm sure all SFFers are impressed! I certainly am!
    Stanley

14. Quote Originally Posted by sschweiger View Post
    [...] so you 'just' click something, and a track-by-track listing of both those Sands concerts will appear?
    Not exactly. The program I use to "rip" CDs to my hard drive produces a report which includes track times. Often, I have to type in the track titles first. (One-time-only, as they're saved in an online database; thereafter, they "pop up" automatically.) I save those text report files for every disc I have. That's where the Sinatra: Vegas listing came from.

The new Sinatra Century listing is a different story, as that comes on a thumb drive in the JD box. (And I don't have it anyway—yet.) I took that from Jeff's post above.

Bob.

If it is unreleased Im leaning to getting the set, I presume at the November event here they'll have some for sale.

Failing that its £360 at Heathrow (only at Terminal 5 however) so you can buy when you fly with the convenient collect when you return service.
    Last edited by Nick_Bradley78; 10-31-2015 at 03:52 AM.

16. Based on the track times (let alone the publicity), it certainly looks like these are previously unreleased versions of the performances we've heard before.

Little by little, the vaults are giving up their ghosts. What would be very cool for collectors would be a box set containing all the unedited shows (warts and all) which were taped by Reprise during the Sands engagement, including the Basie band's instrumental "warm ups" [—> Count Basie Live at the Sands (Before Frank)].

Bob.

I'd definitely go for that. Something like an Elvis FTD release, a week of the shows, small run and quite high price but us Frank geeks would love it, keeping the main album widely available for everyone else. 1974 tour and 1962 world tour good for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Bradley78 View Post
    If it is unreleased Im leaning to getting the set, I presume at the November event here they'll have some for sale.

Failing that its £360 at Heathrow (only at Terminal 5 however) so you can buy when you fly with the convenient collect when you return service.
    It's available through the Whisky Exchange too, Nick, which is where I'm getting mine.
    let the music play as long as there's a song to sing

Sigh, was going to hold out but now Keith's helpfully told me its a mouse click away.....

Thanks for the side-by-side comparison, Bob. I completely forgot to post the run times of the tracks - but thanks to jac167 for following up!

Frank and Count Basie did a few shows together in 1965 (Chicago was a big show, if I'm not mistaken) - some consider these the "warm-up" shows to the Sands series....would really like to hear what these sounded like!

Cheers, folks!