Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All

Listening again to this concert, "Ol' Man River" brought tears to my eyes, and the applause and cheers from the audience say it all.

Oh to have been there!
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

2. Received mine today!
    "It's nice to go trav'ling..."

Received my copies on Monday.....Looking forward to listening sometime this evening!
    Warmest regards,
    Angie

Celebrating 100 Years

I am glad you posted this because I thought there was a problem with my copy. Thanks!

5. Have to say I'm loving the boxset. Received it for Christmas along with the Centenary book and A Voice on Air. 2015 was a great year to be a Sinatra fan and finally owning the retirement concert is such treat. Frank really is on top form and its a stunning example of just how good he really was.

Listened again to the "Retirement Concert" yesterday. I will never tire of listening to Frank, always fresh to my ears, no matter how many times I hear a song. And Frank often changed the lyrics to a song, as he does on this live album, it keeps us on our toes so we can never quite sing-a-long with him
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

7. I've been a bit remiss in following this thread lately...I just got set up with a full home theater system (106-inch wall screen, Blu Ray etc) and would like to buy the documentary AND retirement concert in Blu Ray. What is the best combination to get it all in Blu Ray?
    BONX!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Granata View Post
    106-inch wall screen
    Ok now I'm jealous.

You're out of luck for the concert in blu ray unfortunately, so you've got to double - dip "deluxe" box for the concert, but in DVD and then the Blu ray disc for the documentary, meaning you'll have the documentary twice, but theres some nice physical extras in the deluxe box to offset that plus theres the silly edit on the CD when the sound drops a bit, but the DVD concert keeps it all in (quite rightly).

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Granata View Post
    106-inch wall screen,
    Oh, man. Like a boss! I'm with Nick on this one - Jealous. Enjoy that little slice of heaven.
    Don't go through life. Grow through life.

Just noticed that the documentary has been added to Netflix (UK) as well.

Sinatra 100 - All Or Nothing At All

just received the "All Or Nothing At All" documentary, and immensely enjoyed the Retirement Concert, on CD and on DVD, and also the HBO documentation.

His 1971 "Retirment" singing was exceptional!
    The sound is great, and having it on video is fascinating.

(of course it's tragic that the sound plug popped out early for 2 half songs, but That's Life. in my opinion, the more muffled background sound track of the camera should have also been included on the CD, for continuity -
    it is a bit strange that the first song just stops mid may).

The 1965 clip of "Luck be a lady" from the prison is great -
    still hope this show exists in its entirety, and some other 1965 dates with Count Basie.

and yes, his post retirement concert career comes too short -
    there could be an entire documentation about his world touring.

steffen

SINATRA : " Standing Room Only " ... new LIVE box 2018

BBC Four tonight (Saturday 22nd) at midnight are playing All Or Nothing At All for 1hour 55 minutes so I presume this is parts 1 and 2 here in the UK. Enjoy.
    Bill
    I'ts VERY easy being green...coz I am

Hi!

I finally had a chance to watch the whole 4 hours long documentary, and I can say that it's worth every penny. It's a very high quality documentary, full of very interesting facts, excerpts from interviews, then unreleased stuff, great songs, and his life is really explained in details - at least till the time of the Retirement concert. I thing it would take another 2 hours for his rest of his life, so it would be too long, but anyway it is very well done, and I think it is the best documentary about FS ever.
    "They all said we never could be happy, they laughed at us and how!
    But ho, ho, ho! Who's got the last laugh now?"