Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All

Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All

Frank Sinatra “Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All”

Pre-Order Deluxe Edition from Amazon.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    OCTOBER 19, 2015

On 20 November 2015, Eagle Rock Entertainment release “Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All” from the legendary Frank Sinatra. “Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All” is the definitive account of the life, music and career of Frank Sinatra, the greatest entertainer of the 20th century. This release is available on DVD, Blu-ray and Deluxe format [Cat Nos: EREDV1201, ERBRD5277 and EREDV1199 respectively]. “Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All” features clips from many Sinatra classics including: “My Way,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “Fly Me To The Moon,” “All Or Nothing At All,” “The Lady Is A Tramp,” “Nancy (With The Laughing Face),” “That’s Life,” “Luck Be A Lady Tonight,” “New York, New York,” “(Love Is) The Tender Trap,” “Love And Marriage,” “Night And Day,” “Stardust,” “Young At Heart,” “Angel Eyes” and many more!

Told in his own words through extensive archive interviews, along with commentary from those closest to him, the film weaves the music and images from Sinatra’s life together with rarely seen footage of Sinatra’s famous 1971 “Retirement Concert” in Los Angeles. The film’s narrative is shaped by Sinatra’s song choices for that concert, which director Alex Gibney interprets as the singer’s personal guide through his own life. With the participation of the Frank Sinatra Estate, family members and archivists, “Sinatra: All Or Nothing At All” is an intimate portrait of the singer, the actor and the man. Focusing on Sinatra’s first 60 years – beginning with his birth in Hoboken, New Jersey and meteoric rise in his 20s – and drawing on comments from friends and family, as well as never-before-seen footage from home movies and concert performances, this unprecedented tribute to the beloved showman follows Sinatra’s growth from roadhouse performer to global singing sensation.

The Deluxe Edition Box set contains the “All Or Nothing At All” documentary on 2DVDS, the full Retirement Concert from 1971 on 1 DVD and on 1 CD, the 1965 Walter Cronkite CBS TV interview on 1 DVD, 2 booklets, one of which is a reproduction of the 1971 Life magazine article on the Retirement Concert and 6 art cards in an envelope.

“All Or Nothing At All” was directed and produced by Oscar-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney. Executive producers are five-time Oscar nominated producer Frank Marshall, Charles Pignone and Sharon Hall, and Alcon Television Group’s Co-Founders and Co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

TRACKLISTING – RETIREMENT CONCERT
    1) All Or Nothing At All
    2) I’ve Got You Under My Skin
    3) I’ll Never Smile Again
    4) Ol’ Man River
    5) That’s Life
    6) Try A Little Tenderness
    7) Fly Me To The Moon
    8) Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
    9) My Way
    10) The Lady Is A Tramp
    11) Angel Eyes

With 12th December 2015 representing the 100th anniversary of Frank Sinatra’s birth, what better time to look back on an unsurpassed performer?

Thanks Robert. I know I have asked before, but I will ask again as there is now a thread for this release, will the 4 disc be available to order on UK Amazon?
    "I Could Have Danced All Night...".

It's currently not available on Amazon UK. I don't have any word right now as to if/when it will be available on Amazon UK. Sorry.

Robert

4. Much earlier discussion in the previous thread: —> HBO Documentary - Sinatra All Or Nothing At All

Bob.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    I know I have asked before, but I will ask again as there is now a thread for this release, will the 4 disc be available to order on UK Amazon?
    The deluxe edition box set (5 discs) is listed at Amazon in the —> US, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Japan. This should be the link if and when it shows up at —> Amazon UK.

It appears there are two different versions for North America (DVD Region 1) and Europe (DVD Region 2).

Bob.

6. Deluxe Edition unboxed photo:

Bob.

That looks incredible!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Boston View Post
    This should be the link if and when it shows up at > Amazon UK.
    In the meantime, the Deluxe Edition may be pre-ordered in the UK from Universal Music's online store:

uDiscover > Frank Sinatra - All Or Nothing At All

Bob.

As others said, I wish Blu-ray discs were in the deluxe edition but, the DVD set does look fantastic!
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
    Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. ~ Ellie Wiesel

Thank goodness Christmas is coming! My wish list is full of Frank items, this deluxe set included. Looks amazing!
    JulesSinatra Crazy-or just plain crazy?!

11. Amazon has dropped its prices 10% on the Blu-ray and Deluxe editions, but they still have a way to go.*
    For the record, these are today's prices at Amazon.com:

$24.98: 2 DVD
    $26.98: 2 Blu-ray (was $29.98)
    $62.98: Deluxe 4 DVD+CD (was $69.98)

*Bargain Alert: —> Best Buy has the Deluxe edition for $39.99 with free shipping.

Bob.

If the DVD audio is PCM on the concert, then the DVD version which suffice. It will be interesting to find out what the audio specs are, that is likely to sway me away from the deluxe dvd set if the Blu Ray is HD 5.1 HD or something.
    David

13. The Blu-ray does not have the retirement concert (beyond the clips shown in the documentary). If I understand correctly, the only way to get the full concert (both video and audio) is in the Deluxe DVD+CD set.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, that made my decision easier still
    David

http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/dvd/fra...ing-at-all-(1)

HMV have it for the UK cheaper than Universal UK store.
    David

I forgot about HMV I haven't ordered from them in years. Is that the deluxe edition or just the DVD HMV are offering for 39.99?

17. That's the Deluxe Edition, Tina, as verified by the barcode. But I would wait to pre-order, as better prices are bound to appear. The lowest I've found on this side of the pond is equivalent to about 26 in the UK.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina... View Post
    I forgot about HMV
    So did everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Bradley78 View Post
    So did everyone.
    I know, sad really. I loved the HMV in Piccadilly, many of my Frank purchases were from that store.

20. The proliferation of versions of Sinatra: All or Nothing at All is confusing. As an aid to finding and differentiating the various editions, here is a list of identifying information:

American Editions

4-DVD + CD Deluxe Box Set:
    Eagle Vision catalog no. EV307439
    UPC barcode: 801213074396
    Amazon ASIN: B015UE84E4
    Amazon orders: > US / > Canada

2-DVD Documentary:
    Eagle Vision catalog no. EV307339
    UPC barcode: 801213073399
    Amazon ASIN: B015UE84BC

2-Blu-ray Documentary:
    Eagle Vision catalog no. EVB335259
    UPC barcode: 801213352593
    Amazon ASIN: B015UE84K8

European Editions

4-DVD + CD Deluxe Box Set:
    Eagle Rock Entertainment catalogue no. EREDV1199
    EAN barcode: 5034504119970
    Amazon ASIN: B015A8M9BO
    Amazon orders: > UK / > Germany

2-DVD Documentary:
    Eagle Rock Entertainment catalogue no. EREDV1201
    EAN barcode: 5034504120174
    Amazon ASIN: B015A8MA0E

2-Blu-ray Documentary:
    Eagle Rock Entertainment catalogue no. ERBRD5277
    EAN barcode: 5051300527778
    Amazon ASIN: B015A8MANQ

Note: All editions are distributed by Universal Music Group.

Bob.